Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whose going to give Wildstar a spin?

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    rodingo said:
    I'll see if the combat still forces me to stare more at the ground than my character.  I'll also see how quickly I will get bored doing quest hubs with kill X of Y type quests.  If I can get past those two items then I might give the game a decent spin.  However I have a feeling I'm going to hit that proverbial wall quick with this one but no biggie since it's f2p.
    The over under on you is 5 hours. I say under.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    They are having alot of issues since the f2p launch. I'd give it a couple of weeks before you try. Or you will be waiting in a que for 5 or 6 hrs just to try making a character.
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Been playing for a while and I'm really underwhelmed with the PvP and thats what I do 90% of the time. I still plan to continue, although not as faithfully, because I still think I'll enjoy the PvE, housing, and adventuring.
  • VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Well if you do, it'll truly be a "spin" since there's been so much lag and such long queues that it's like watching an unresponsive web browser sit and spin.

I enjoyed WildStar in the original beta and think it's a good WoW clone - it had more features and content than many clones have well after release, and it has a lot of WoW-isms like UI customization/addons done up as well as WoW (which is rare and odd considering how awesome it is and how long ago bliz did it).  A lot of the game is done well with nice tweaks on the norm.  It's still mostly solo ez mode with instanced/fake PvP and lots of side junk like housing and other nonsense made to attract casuals and non MMORPG players.  Same old same old in that regard.

I didn't play the game at release (bought it but got a refund) because I won't pay to play a game that has built in cheating (CREDD, facilitated ability to pay cash for gold).  Cash for gold is the province of crappy F2P games and lo and behold, that's what WildStar became over time - to nobody's surprise.  No mostly solo MMORPG with casual sideshow nonsense will that's not WoW is worth a sub.  If somebody made a real MMORPG with tons of group content, challenge, danger, and that didn't dumb itself into oblivion to try to attract mobile/phone gamers, now that might be worth a sub.

I'm attempting to dink around with it again now that it's F2P and may finally get some of my former MMO crowd to try it (I anti-recommended it to them previously due to CREDD since they feel the same way - we don't care for cheating and cheaters).  We haven't played any MMORPG since GW2 turned out to be a horrible waste of time (seemed like a good idea at the time but ultimately it's a great single player game and we actually like MMORPGs for the grouping) and I think most of my MMO crowd has given up hope on the genre since MMO backers/devs only care about chasing subs/numbers and money and don't give a flying monkey fart about quality of gameplay or purity of a formerly niche genre.

But as many have said, the game has yet to really be playable and has been down as much or more than up as they try to remedy the situation - sad when you consider this is not a new game, it's not new server tech, and NCSoft is also not new to MMORPGs - very poor showing by people who should know better and be able to produce better.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I am giving it another try , from Beta.  Both as an engineer and as a warrior, it just feels lame. Giant two handed sword hits like a wiffle bat and the shotgun like a super soaker. I forgot how much I hate "action combat", everything is an AOE. I'll delete and try some other classes/races but a game feeling tedious at level 4 is not a real good sign.  It is free and at least worth a try.

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    I've considered it but I can't stand the cartoony art style. Will there ever be another sci-fi mmo for adults with realistic-ish design besides EVE? 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm giving it another try.  Doesn't hurt anything to have another look. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I'm giving it another try.  Doesn't hurt anything to have another look. 
    That's what I said about my ex.  That shit doesn't end well. 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Tried, just cant do it. The game just isnt fun for me. I feel no connection to my character, no atmosphere, no actual story to pull me in.

10 years ago I wouldnt mind, but some recent mmos just spoiled me with their good story telling and VOs. I would like to try Wildstar endgame, but lvling gameplay is just so dull I cant make it over lvl 10.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Spin....should have saw the latest Twitch stream.

And as one of the devs says...."Come back in a week". Omeed, Oct 2 2015.
  • evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Uninstalled this game because it runs crap on my gaming laptop and idk if i should give it a try on my gaming pc. 

My laptop runs Final fantasy ARR(60 fps mostly), Wow(60 fps mostly except ashran), Teso(45-60fps), gw2(50-60fps) without any problems. (Vsync on at 1920x1080)

i7 4710hq, sli 750m, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 500gb ssd.

I get maybe 20-45 fps on starting areas. Even setting the graphical preset to low increase my fps to about 5 more lol. 

That's just starting areas. What if i were to raid @ max lvl? 10 fps on a full raid? lol

I really wanna play this game and support the devs by buying a sub but with this type of performance, i just cant.

I have a gaming pc. i5 2500k , gtx 570, 16gb 1600mhz ram, 500gb ssd and IDK if it will STILL run at 20-40 with major fps spikes.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Playing the game loving the game.  I feel spoilt for choice now on the gaming front as I am playing and enjoying Wildstar, Elder Scrolls, Shadow of Mordor (recently purchased) and Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain.  Looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4. 

I think people moan a lot about games when they play one game only, over-play it and get bored.  Keep the variety in your gaming and nothing gets too tedious.