Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax could of made a lot more....

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited September 2015

Torval said:
    rodingo said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Of course but the point is that even on this website where there was a heavy bias against ESO it still managed to come out on top.
    Which makes that whole thing even more suspect.  I mean even Marvel Heroes was looked at sideways when it won the other MMO of the year/favorite MMO/whatever poll.  The only people who believe those games won those polls are their respective fans.  I'm pretty sure the rest of us just rolled our eyes or were trolled on when any mention of shenanigans were brought up. 

Remember all of those "new" accounts that were created for those polls?  How even some posts were made with those accounts that all said pretty much the same variation of "I just joined this site to vote for ESO.  It's such an awesome game ..." Then usually followed by a sentence about how they couldn't understand why other people didn't like ESO,..yada yada.  Where are those guys now?  It's like having Canadian citizens coming to the U.S. and being allowed to vote for the President then going back to Canada after the election, lol.  Now there is just 3-5 hard core ESO fans that always mark "agree", "awesome" or "insightful" on each others ESO related posts no matter what is written.  So what can you do but say "meh"?
    Of course the fans of the game believed the polls because they outnumbered the people who didn't win. Do you really think the 20 of us that post prolifically on the forums here are the only votes that really count? Game developers that interact with their communities say stuff like, "Hey there is a contest over on mmorpg. Go vote for us!" Fans of the game go and do that.

Where are they now? Who knows. I guess they're not interested in arguing with you on an internet forum to try and prove you wrong. They don't care if you don't think their vote matters just like there are several million WoW players who don't care that I think it's the Justin Bieber of mmos. Free you mind a little.
    Lol, you didn't read his post at all........
    Yeh I know, even though I highlighted the main premise of my post in orange. The interesting thing about the ESO boards is that I have never said that ESO sucks or is terrible.  I will, however, usually dispute someone's claim about the game when I feel their proof, evidence or reasoning is questionable.  Which in turn almost always gets the same few people riled up that post knee jerk responses or try to put words in my mouth in their responses that I didn't say. 

If I was bad mouthing or "inventing bs" about ESO then they should be "defending" it I guess. But like I said, it's only a few of them that feel stronger about ESO's public perception/reception than the actual game itself.  At least it seems that way.  Don't get me wrong.  There are plenty of ESO fans on these boards that can do more than have a one sided discussion.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    All I can say is that I'm sure glad they made it the way they made it instead of all the cockamamie ways they could "of" made it. It's a damn good game as is, warts and all.

But hey, armchair game designers got to have a place to call the game "retarded" while offering up their very own lamebrained ideas. "hey let's play as dragons and chop-up bodies into parts... like realistic, yeah" :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    Iselin said:
    All I can say is that I'm sure glad they made it the way they made it instead of all the cockamamie ways they could "of" made it. It's a damn good game as is, warts and all.

But hey, armchair game designers got to have a place to call the game "retarded" while offering up their very own lamebrained ideas. "hey let's play as dragons and chop-up bodies into parts... like realistic, yeah" :)
    Better than, bad classes, that end up being cookie cut, with bad graphics, and over all bad game play. You must be from Germany where they banned dying light. Let me rephrase for you, if you jumped into eso, you got literally slap the keyboard with your hand and win battles. Even pvp battles, if you just ran into a battle slapping the keyboard, you would eventually win. Dying light if you did that you would just die over and over again. As far as npc fights go, having a real player control them too hard for you? My guess is yes, it sounds like you enjoy easy to play games, with nothing to them. 

But hey, people who are easily entertained with shinny lights, and child like puzzles have a place too. 
    Iselin said:

Better than, bad classes, that end up being cookie cut, with bad graphics, and over all bad game play. You must be from Germany where they banned dying light. Let me rephrase for you, if you jumped into eso, you got literally slap the keyboard with your hand and win battles. Even pvp battles, if you just ran into a battle slapping the keyboard, you would eventually win. Dying light if you did that you would just die over and over again. As far as npc fights go, having a real player control them too hard for you? My guess is yes, it sounds like you enjoy easy to play games, with nothing to them. 

But hey, people who are easily entertained with shinny lights, and child like puzzles have a place too. 
    Wow, you sure seem to know a lot about me from just one post... you must be like psychic or something.

Glad you're enjoying your zombie parkour so much you want to remake ESO in its image... but not everyone does, ya know?

Maybe you should go post more about your PVP prowess in the Dying Light forum here... oh wait... there isn't one.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Rhoklaw said:
    ESO is very much an Elder Scrolls game and continues to become more so with every patch and update. Yes, they probably could have made a PvP server but why, PvP servers never do well and never have compared to PvE. How many games does it take before you PvP fanatics get it through your head that open world PvP just plain sucks ass. No one wants that shit and never will. Go back to your FPS griefing grounds if you want open world PvP.

ESO is a themepark and so are all the Elder Scroll games. The fact the game was ranked #1 based off this site's community in 2015 wasn't enough evidence of it's success. It being way more popular now than it was at launch isn't enough evidence either. I'm willing to bet half of you whining about ESO being a shitty MMO haven't played it since it first launched.

As for comparing AA to ESO. AA is more of a sandbox, with a ton more features, but hello blind people. AA is on life support more so than ESO ever was.

Rabid trolls who don't know anything just spewing hate because games that are popular don't suit their personal interests. I don't like WoW but that doesn't mean it isn't popular. It just means I need to play an MMO that I like and ESO is better than AA, WoW and 80% of all the other MMO's out there. There really aren't a lot of MMO's that are as good as ESO, sorry but it's true.
    Lol I am far from a troll, and ESO is not a good game.  Sorry, but ESO is far from a good MMO, it is a single player game, with ok quests, and bad pvp. If you call a bunch of random people running around doing their own thing, as basically back ground noise a mmo, then you have never played one. 

Not to mention the story line is ridiculously stupid. There are what 10,000 prophets, because each player gets one, there are 10000 of every npc who is suppose to be special, because each player is suppose to be a special flower, super human, that is going to save the world. It gets really retarded, when you actually see all these people doing the same quest as you...................... Its ok in Skyrim that you are the one and only dragon born, but in this ridiculously stupid mmo, with 1000000000 dragon borns its retarded.  

But what ever, if you think running around doing the same quests, as 10000 other people, pretending to save the world what ever. I think its retarded, and has no uniqueness to it. Totally kills any role playing, since every one thinks they are gods that are gonna save the world...... Blah blah blah. 
    ROFL, can you point out an MMO where everyone don't do the same quests. I think this post is retarded, not you but the post just to clarify. :p
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Iselin said:

I have to straight up say you are lying on purpose to trash this game.  Noone can possibly believe you can slap the keyboard and win anything in this game.  If you don't time your skills right and build your character or gear him properly then you WILL die.  This game is challenging at times at all levels.  Yes it has some easy moments but for the most part if you don't do things correctly you will die.  Are you comparing a closed beta invite to a game launch?  That alone speaks volumes.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    JDis25 said:

I've always wanted an Elder scrolls MMO. ESO isn't elder scrolls though, and that is the issue I have with it. ES should have NEVER become a linear themepark, my god what a dumb idea. I'd be ok if there was open world pvp (consensual is fine) but oh.. nope there isn't. In fact there is only one zone that I would ever witness someone from another faction... how... immersive.

Archeage is more Elder Scrolls than ESO.

But ES games are theme parks. And despite what people say, they are linear. They have the illusion of being open ended because they are a compilation of mini arks tied together. But within each ark, the stories are very linear. You just have the option of bouncing around between each. 

Look at Skyrim for example, I don't want to be a Werewolf. My options? Don't continue the story. Why can't the Dragonborn say "I already have the blood of the Dovah, why do I need Beast Blood?"  Or I don't want to join the Stormcloaks or Imperials because Ulfric is a terrorist willing to kill anyone who doesn't side with him, (He had no justification for attacking White Run, a neutral party not hostile to Ulfric) and the Empire are just Thalmor Puppets. What are my options? Pick one or don't play. Why can't the Dragonborn establish his/her own faction and rally the Jarls behind it to put down both of the other factions? I don't want to join the Thieves guild and be a thief, what are my options? Don't play. What if I want to work with Mjoll to dismantle the guild? I don't want to murder someone in cold blood, even if she does torture children. What are my options? Don't play. The list goes on.........

See, this is a linear Theme Park. It's just a bunch of separated stories. Why should ESO be different?
    This^

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited September 2015
    rodingo said:
    Yeh I know, even though I highlighted the main premise of my post in orange. The interesting thing about the ESO boards is that I have never said that ESO sucks or is terrible.  I will, however, usually dispute someone's claim about the game when I feel their proof, evidence or reasoning is questionable.  Which in turn almost always gets the same few people riled up that post knee jerk responses or try to put words in my mouth in their responses that I didn't say. 

If I was bad mouthing or "inventing bs" about ESO then they should be "defending" it I guess. But like I said, it's only a few of them that feel stronger about ESO's public perception/reception than the actual game itself.  At least it seems that way.  Don't get me wrong.  There are plenty of ESO fans on these boards that can do more than have a one sided discussion.
    You realize the perception folks have of us on forums is what we ourselves put out there right? If people view you in a certain way there's a reason for it. Acting snarky or even worse acting as though it's coming from nowhere, just makes it worse overall.

I'm familiar with both yourself and Torval on these forums, I've never known Torval to pick a fight for no good reason, act fanboish, or anything of the sort. That's what I've seen from Torval's posts over the years.. You seem very partial to GW2, and are one of the more consistent to offer a negative opinion into ESO discussions as far back as I can remember seeing ESO discussions. I wonder where that perception is coming from?

edited September 2015

If that's the case then please explain why I still feel I have total freedom over the creation and advancement of my character in Skyrim but in ESO feel I'm fettered at all points by their annoying and aesthetically unpleasing class and combat systems?

The quests and scripted story aren't what the majority of Elder Scrolls fans are bitching about when they say they don't feel ESO lives up to the Elder Scrolls IP.
    Because the class system in ESO is not a skill based or perk based system like past TES titles were I'd assume. They have a a few subtle influences tied into it but it is not the same type of advancement.

The overall point Geezer was making was that Skyrim and other TES titles were more akin to themeparks than they were sandboxes. Which is a separate issue.

@Torval ; I agree about Rodingo via GW2, and just calling it as I've seen it, you're one of the few posters here who always seems to try and keep a level head even in heated discussions, you post logical conclusion rather than emotional reaction.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    ESO fans are becoming like WoW fans. They see threads like this then tab back in game.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Distopia said:

If that's the case then please explain why I still feel I have total freedom over the creation and advancement of my character in Skyrim but in ESO feel I'm fettered at all points by their annoying and aesthetically unpleasing class and combat systems?

The quests and scripted story aren't what the majority of Elder Scrolls fans are bitching about when they say they don't feel ESO lives up to the Elder Scrolls IP.
    Because the class system in ESO is not a skill based or perk based system like past TES titles were I'd assume. They have a a few subtle influences tied into it but it is not the same type of advancement.

The overall point Geezer was making was that Skyrim and other TES titles were more akin to themeparks than they were sandboxes. Which is a separate issue.
    That and more. The single player ES games also do a great job of creating the sandbox illusion by doing mob leveling tricks that gives the impression that everywhere you go you have a fighting chance. Oblivion and Skyrim both did this although their methods are slightly different.

But of course, that's next to impossible to do in an MMO when you have players of different levels in the same areas... although ESO actually also does something similar in a couple of ways: by setting the dungeon level to the group leader's level - which is easy to do because it's an instance - and by leveling players to the zone. This last one is only done in Cyrodiil and the Imperial City so far but their plan is to do the same with new PVE zones as they're released as DLC.

MMOs that have levels, which is nearly all of them, have you move through zones for the appropriate level and they always have. Even Asheron's Call had that, although back in those days they didn't give you as many bread crumbs to follow.

I find it funny and odd in a "think it through, dude" kind of way when people bring up SP game mechanics as being superior to an MMO's... as if they can both be designed the same exact way. They COULD do it and let you go anywhere anytime I suppose, if you want to play in your own instance bubble that is.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I would also mention that the level of interactivity with the environment is pretty incredible in the previous Bethesda games. If you see it, you can move it. There are a lot of exceptions to this of course like buildings or large barrels/boxes and the like, but having that level of interactivity with the world around you is pretty different from most other games and has a strong effect on how the world feels.

Also, you can kill almost all NPCs and they stay dead (except I think certain story quest NPCs). It sounds minor, but feeling like you can do whatever you want makes the player feel empowered. Even making the decision to stay your hand can feel like a choice was made that you just can't make in ESO.

The feeling that you could go out and explore and find some insanely deep cave with lore and loot hanging about made those games, at least for me, far more interesting than the more story driven quest hopper that ESO became. The linearity of the zones was a real turn off. I don't like the type of MMOs that ESO became and so I don't play it. 

Anyway, I think people are being disingenuous when they say, "Skyrim was a theme park, so what's your problem?!" Well, yeah, it is basically a completely different kind of themepark.
    bcbully said:
    ESO fans are becoming like WoW fans. They see threads like this then tab back in game.
    Sorry mate but you WISH that this game had anywhere near the lover and/or hater numbers that WoW ever received.

Please don't think that me arguing with you means I don't respect your intellect, but there is no denying that when you get interested in a game there is absolutely no compelling you that anything about your new poison of choice could be bad in away way shape or form.
    Well that's commitment for you. Some people commit to the things they like more than some who seem to play things despite hating them. My guess is that the former is a happier person than the later in general.

Besides, I've seen BC be critical of those parts of ESO he wishes were different and he has agreed with several of my critical points too such as not enough ability to effectively level just by PVPing, the bad decision to release the IC with everyone going in all the time (which they only partly corrected with the new campaign since it's still possible for everyone to be in all the time by just owning their own keeps) and many other things he and I have been critical about.

Maybe you just think we don't criticize it because we don't dismiss the whole thing or call it retarded and other choice exaggerations like the hater crowd does.

There are many things I'd like better if they had been done other ways: servers instead of negaservers for more "realm pride", no going to the other alliance areas after 50 for the same reason, an actual auction house, a better grouping tool, the list goes on. Which is why I say "warts and all" it's a great game... a glass half-full way of looking at something I enjoy as a whole.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Have would have been a far better word for you to use than of. If you had simply typed the letter H, followed by A, V and E when you wished to impart that zenimax had the ability to undergo a different course of action, it would have made more sense than of, which, while it sounds like the contracted form of have, doesn't actually mean the same thing.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Distopia said:
    rodingo said:

You realize the perception folks have of us on forums is what we ourselves put out there right? If people view you in a certain way there's a reason for it. Acting snarky or even worse acting as though it's coming from nowhere, just makes it worse overall.

I'm familiar with both yourself and Torval on these forums, I've never known Torval to pick a fight for no good reason, act fanboish, or anything of the sort. That's what I've seen from Torval's posts over the years.. You seem very partial to GW2, and are one of the more consistent to offer a negative opinion into ESO discussions as far back as I can remember seeing ESO discussions. I wonder where that perception is coming from?

So, now we have to worry over "not offending the fanbois" by just praising and inventing god stuff about the game?

Yeah, right. If you are so shallow that you cannot read what is being written, i dont really care about your "stuff"
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Wow, you sure seem to know a lot about me from just one post... you must be like psychic or something.

Glad you're enjoying your zombie parkour so much you want to remake ESO in its image... but not everyone does, ya know?

Maybe you should go post more about your PVP prowess in the Dying Light forum here... oh wait... there isn't one.
    I just brought that game up as to what is popular. As far as making money and success and what the fans wanted, ESO is nothing of the sort. They would of made more money, just taking some of the good mods from the pc, and making a new HD skyrim release. I just threw co op in there with player dragons, because it would of made skyrim a lot better, would of cost them almost nothing, considering all the mods they own any ways, and they would of made a better game, with lots more money.

As already stated, if they made a ES co op game, similar to dying light, and then just made a elder scrolls MOBA, they would of made a lot more money, and spent a lot less, and had 2 better games. 
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Distopia said:
    rodingo said:

As I am familiar with you too Distopia and how you to tend post on certain games, and I remember telling you that things said on these forums are two-way streets.  When people agree with each other, share the same point of view or emotion about a subject, then anyone who doesn't is deemed an outsider or non-believer.

I'm not the devil or your enemy just because I don't share your opinion about how great you feel a particular game is doing.  However, if your perception of me is negative then so be it and since you are bringing things to a personal level then I will say we probably share the same view or opinion about each other based on how you post as well, and leave it that.

I'm not here on these forums to make friends or enemies.  I'm here to discuss games and I refuse to walk on eggshells in fear of disagreeing with someone's opinion.  Now, if you have anything further in a personal manner to say to me Distopia, by all means send me a pm and we can continue that particular discussion further in that way. :+1: 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Malabooga said:
    Distopia said:
    rodingo said:

So, now we have to worry over "not offending the fanbois" by just praising and inventing god stuff about the game?

Yeah, right. If you are so shallow that you cannot read what is being written, i dont really care about your "stuff"
    You can offend whoever you want, or say whatever you want, just don't be surprised if it earns you a rep.

rodingo said:
    Distopia said:

As I am familiar with you too Distopia and how you to tend post on certain games, and I remember telling you that things said on these forums are two-way streets.  When people agree with each other, share the same point of view or emotion about a subject, then anyone who doesn't is deemed an outsider or non-believer.

I'm not the devil or your enemy just because I don't share your opinion about how great you feel a particular game is doing.  However, if your perception of me is negative then so be it and since you are bringing things to a personal level then I will say we probably share the same view or opinion about each other based on how you post as well, and leave it that.

I'm not here on these forums to make friends or enemies.  I'm here to discuss games and I refuse to walk on eggshells in fear of disagreeing with someone's opinion.  Now, if you have anything further in a personal manner to say to me Distopia, by all means send me a pm and we can continue that particular discussion further in that way. :+1: 
    Yes there are games I don't like, yet you won't find me in every thread of those games.

Yes it is a two way street, hence when you start bringing up how folks perceive you, it opens the door for folks to tell you why.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I sub to ESO and post under BigM on the official forums. I love and hate the game. I have a lot of issues with decisions made by the developers of the game. First off there is no way you can compare a single player game Skyrim, Morrowind, Daggerfall with ESO a MMO. They are just different animals and please don't say mods make it a online game, NO it doesn't.

They have made a lot of mistakes with the game, from leaving major bugs in the game, making things way to easy to kill (has been fixed). To ruining PVP in Imperial City. They have had major players leave development ( Paul Sage for one). Brought in new blood that really have messed up the PVP game.

I also have a real problem with their ESO+ Live show. They act like it is a joke and laugh all the time where only they get the joke not the players. A lot of players feel like they are laughing at us. They never answer the important questions that are asked in ask us anything thread they put up on forums. the console players are really upset there is no text chat in their game. They will not even touch that subject in ESO Live.

This is one game I want to make it, they have made a beautiful world made even more better with sweetfx. But they need to get a better PR person and better idea men at the top. Plus get rid of the bots which are still around but not as bad when it first went live.

Also to those that never went back at start before console, they did change a lot and made the story better. You should check it out after all it is free now and don't need a sub to play it.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    I sub to ESO and post under BigM on the official forums. I love and hate the game. I have a lot of issues with decisions made by the developers of the game. First off there is no way you can compare a single player game Skyrim, Morrowind, Daggerfall with ESO a MMO. They are just different animals and please don't say mods make it a online game, NO it doesn't.

They have made a lot of mistakes with the game, from leaving major bugs in the game, making things way to easy to kill (has been fixed). To ruining PVP in Imperial City. They have had major players leave development ( Paul Sage for one). Brought in new blood that really have messed up the PVP game.

I also have a real problem with their ESO+ Live show. They act like it is a joke and laugh all the time where only they get the joke not the players. A lot of players feel like they are laughing at us. They never answer the important questions that are asked in ask us anything thread they put up on forums. the console players are really upset there is no text chat in their game. They will not even touch that subject in ESO Live.

This is one game I want to make it, they have made a beautiful world made even more better with sweetfx. But they need to get a better PR person and better idea men at the top. Plus get rid of the bots which are still around but not as bad when it first went live.

Also to those that never went back at start before console, they did change a lot and made the story better. You should check it out after all it is free now and don't need a sub to play it.
    They didn't change that much. If some one didnt like it then, they aren't gonna like it now.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    One of the biggest reasons ESO did not have continued increase in sales and revenue is because it was designed to appeal to players of single player rpgs. The game does not play like an mmo and thus many that ar euse to mmos tried it and left a few months later. ESO is a solid game now with update 6 and 7, which made huge improvements to gameplay, performance and more.... BUT saidly it still plays more like a single player rpg and thus many mmo players still stay away from it.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

They would have made a tidy sum from me just by balancing or getting rid of racials altogether. I love Oblivion and Skyrim but I play an argonian and they have by far the most useless racials. In a single player game it really doesn't matter but in a MMO game focused on PvP, I am not going to go into the game with such a big disadvantage. So they haven't gotten a dime from me.

I check the web site occasionally to see if they fix them but from there last so called fix, it's obvious they just don't get it. You could triple what they do and they would still suck, it's what they do that is bad.

It's not jut argonians either. Racial balance in general seems horrible. Nords are probably the 2nd worst and in the same faction. I remember when eso was in beta everyone thought EP was going to be over populated. AD ended up out populating both the other factions from what I read. I don't think it's a coincidence that this realm has the most offensive focused racials that help damage. This is going to be the most popular with players, especially pvp players.

I hope a there is a sequel to this game but I hope they hire better people next time.

I would also mention that the level of interactivity with the environment is pretty incredible in the previous Bethesda games. If you see it, you can move it. There are a lot of exceptions to this of course like buildings or large barrels/boxes and the like, but having that level of interactivity with the world around you is pretty different from most other games and has a strong effect on how the world feels.

Also, you can kill almost all NPCs and they stay dead (except I think certain story quest NPCs). It sounds minor, but feeling like you can do whatever you want makes the player feel empowered. Even making the decision to stay your hand can feel like a choice was made that you just can't make in ESO.

The feeling that you could go out and explore and find some insanely deep cave with lore and loot hanging about made those games, at least for me, far more interesting than the more story driven quest hopper that ESO became. The linearity of the zones was a real turn off. I don't like the type of MMOs that ESO became and so I don't play it. 

Anyway, I think people are being disingenuous when they say, "Skyrim was a theme park, so what's your problem?!" Well, yeah, it is basically a completely different kind of themepark.
      To be fair ESO has been updated to allow the killing of random NPCs, unless they're tied to some game-play element (Traders, Quest givers etc). WHich does help bring it closer to that experience, as you have decisions/consequence in action.

I don't think the themepark comparison is made to say if you like Themparks you will like ESO. It's more in regard to counter the bemoaning of ESO for being a quest driven experience. Yes they are different, no one is really arguing they are not. That's what you get when you cross genre lines. Just as GW2 was completely different than GW1, to bring it more in line with what folks expect in an MMORPG. As well as what works for an MMORPG.