Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I played a little today.

2»

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited September 2015
    Viper482 said:
     The vast amount of players like this attracted to so called sandbox games like this ruin the possibility of ever having another Ultima Online experience. Sandbox MMO's are all about community, and with the toxic cesspool that is the internet these days it is simply impossible to have a good one anymore.
    You mean the Ultima Online experience that was sequestered into it's own server by the Ultima Online developers because of all the asshattery that players participated in?  Or the players who built their house on top of the entrance to popular dungeons and held them for ransom?
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    MMOvision said:
    filmoret said:

What I did today was actually a very minor grief compared to what others are doing in this game.  The game is very flawed and the justice system is easily exploited and the moderators ignore it.  For every time I have laughed my ass off there has been 100 times I have gotten mad at the mechanics and moderators for not changing it.  I would not suggest playing this game seriously at all.  This is the kind of game you just log in troll for a while then go play a real game.

Still the question remains.... why do people get enjoyment from "...you just log in troll for a while then go play a real game"

Why is trolling something to gain enjoyment from at all?
    Why can I not get someone to prove that trolling isn't just the new-gen of sh!tty, childish gamers?
    "Stop looking through rose tinted glasses" <--  this is the only response given by those who don't have an answer to very basic questions.     I don't need to make up stories about the wonderful 'old days of gaming' --   It's very easy to remember that the few "trolls" that showed up in a community were swiftly dealt with, ignored, banned, not partied with, could not progress, etc....

These people just FLOURISH in today's games.   And people defend their "right to troll"

Since when did trolling become the only enjoyable means to interact with others?!?

This is driving me nuts how no one else is deeply disturbed by this OP's mindset...

Don't take any game seriously that doesn't know how to control trolling.  The sad part is MO doesn't even care to stop it.  Archeage comes to mind on this topic.  Its devs who just don't know how to have a fun hardcore game.  You cannot allow players to exploit mechanics otherwise the game will just end up garbage.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited September 2015
    filmoret said:
    MMOvision said:
    filmoret said:

What I did today was actually a very minor grief compared to what others are doing in this game.  The game is very flawed and the justice system is easily exploited and the moderators ignore it.  For every time I have laughed my ass off there has been 100 times I have gotten mad at the mechanics and moderators for not changing it.  I would not suggest playing this game seriously at all.  This is the kind of game you just log in troll for a while then go play a real game.

Still the question remains.... why do people get enjoyment from "...you just log in troll for a while then go play a real game"

Why is trolling something to gain enjoyment from at all?
    Why can I not get someone to prove that trolling isn't just the new-gen of sh!tty, childish gamers?
    "Stop looking through rose tinted glasses" <--  this is the only response given by those who don't have an answer to very basic questions.     I don't need to make up stories about the wonderful 'old days of gaming' --   It's very easy to remember that the few "trolls" that showed up in a community were swiftly dealt with, ignored, banned, not partied with, could not progress, etc....

These people just FLOURISH in today's games.   And people defend their "right to troll"

Since when did trolling become the only enjoyable means to interact with others?!?

This is driving me nuts how no one else is deeply disturbed by this OP's mindset...

Don't take any game seriously that doesn't know how to control trolling.  The sad part is MO doesn't even care to stop it.  Archeage comes to mind on this topic.  Its devs who just don't know how to have a fun hardcore game.  You cannot allow players to exploit mechanics otherwise the game will just end up garbage.

It wont stop because the developers of this type of game play are of the same mind set as their player base.  This behavior is not limited to the players who play these games.  It is a mind set shared by a minority of the gamer population including the developers of these games.  They thrive on destruction and enjoy making other people miserable.  
    Just now there was a guy riding his horse into town so I jumped in front of the horse and he ran me over.  Then the guards killed him because according to the game mechanics he just attacked me.  Then I ran over and took all this stuff and what I couldn't carry I just trashed it.  And the devs don't care its perfectly legal and considered pvp.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Steam reviews are fifty fifty.  There are tons of stories like told by op.  Pretty common in open world, anything goes, sandbox mmo's, unfortunately.  Some people like to watch the world burn.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MeowingtonMeowington Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Steam reviews are fifty fifty.  There are tons of stories like told by op.  Pretty common in open world, anything goes, sandbox mmo's, unfortunately.  Some people like to watch the world burn.
    steam reviews, theres like 400 of them with 5 hours played only, i can guarantee thats like the 100% of the pre steam release population which is like 100 players, who made 4-5 accounts, left them with MO open during night, so they can write a positive review on the steam the next day.

Those guys who played before steam release, and past years, they are ready to do anything to see population raise a bit and stick around.

some of the pks guild just decided to stop grieffing attacking people and killing,  theres alot of people, who are newbie friendly right now in the game, But theres so many grieffers that it doesnt make that big of a difference, for most people.
    They hope for steam population to stick around and spend money so we can finance their next faillure : magic system.
    The npc in sarducaa dungeons still dont properly cast the spells, and are entirely bugged.
    I cant wait.
    They will release magic patch, with crap tons of bugs, crapppp tons of bugs, and still discord corrupted boy as lead for the staff LoL!
    If your in mo, and you go in water, you cant see, its just like... water....  then you spamm space bar and look at your feet. It will bug your view, and then you see under water 100% perfectly, like there was no water.

Dat bug, is ingame, since day 1 of release. Even in beta.
    I personaly reported this bug 30x minimum. Never been fixed, never will be.Like many others
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    filmoret said:
    Just now there was a guy riding his horse into town so I jumped in front of the horse and he ran me over.  Then the guards killed him because according to the game mechanics he just attacked me.  Then I ran over and took all this stuff and what I couldn't carry I just trashed it.  And the devs don't care its perfectly legal and considered pvp.
    Not an exploit. If you run at full speed in town only to accidendally hit an innocent, you deserve to die or to get sent to jail or you deserve some type of penalty. 

In real life, if you go at 100 in a maximum 50 and you hit a car, will you say that the car exploited the real life law system just to make sure you get the punishment you deserve? 

MO is nothing like other mmo's and aside from all the flaws that it has, the game thrives to be realistic. The fact that a guard punished you because you damaged a player with a mount is just a learning experience. Do not go at full speed in town when you're on a mount. Real ppl did not even do that in real life in a town.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Beside, you know, when you try mortal online, you can join a clan right-away. Don'T wait and play with a community that you will enjoy to play with. They will also protect you.

Unlike wow, MO is not a game for everyone, especially not those who hate full loot. While i hate to lose all my stuff, i like the feel of danger and i like to steal from others, but i'm not a griefer. 
    I do understand what's going on tho. Nowadays, we got way too much games with no sense of loss, but we atleast got DarkSouls.

So again, next time you try MO, join a clan. Stop playing solo. Hardcore sandbox games are not made for soloist and they never will. You need protection, you need to stay away from towns just to go live with ppl you can trust and you need to stay away from the comfort to get used to what MO really is about.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

filmoret said:
    Not an exploit. If you run at full speed in town only to accidendally hit an innocent, you deserve to die or to get sent to jail or you deserve some type of penalty. 

In real life, if you go at 100 in a maximum 50 and you hit a car, will you say that the car exploited the real life law system just to make sure you get the punishment you deserve? 

MO is nothing like other mmo's and aside from all the flaws that it has, the game thrives to be realistic. The fact that a guard punished you because you damaged a player with a mount is just a learning experience. Do not go at full speed in town when you're on a mount. Real ppl did not even do that in real life in a town.
    Its more like someone driving without a seatbelt so I jump in front of them to get myself hurt and sue them.  I don't think a judge will allow that person to sue for being stupid enough to jump in front of a moving vehicle based on the fact that the driver wasn't wearing their seatbelt.  This game allows for ignorant justice which is why its so low population and no one takes it seriously.