Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone still play?

seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87
If so, what are your pros and cons? I am looking at getting back into the game and been reading up on it but have seen nothing on here about it. I always thought it was a good game, just wanting some insight on what it has become now. Thanks.

Best Answer

• SuilebhainSuilebhain UncommonPosts: 57
    edited September 2015 Answer ✓
    I started playing recently as a returnee from beta and there are some folks around but not many, which is more realistic in a way. So far I have been able to singlehandedly been able to close rift incursions, and I recall them to be much tougher in beta. Perhaps they are scaled in power to the number of people logged in.

I just realized that I didn't answer your question. I think it runs more smoothly but that might be due to the difference in lag from beta. Some of the new features, like the wardrobe thingy, are pretty cool.

Answers

• seamonkey001seamonkey001 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Yeah, I liked the fact that you could do something different every time you logged in. I am probably going to start playing it again because I have nothing to lose since it is F2P. I liked the whole fighting rifts, it was a new element to a game that forced cooperation, similar to GW2. It also reminds me of what ESO is doing right now with the Anchors that Molag Bal sends.

• funpilotfunpilot Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I still play RIFT almost every day.  I buy the annual patron subscription that cost me around $99.00 per year (I get the Christmas special).  I have not bought a single item in the store with real world currency and do not feel at all that the game is PTW for those that do.  It is not perfect, but my interactions with TRION over gaming issues have always been handled well.  I scratch my head when I read about all the issues people claim they have with support.  I write my requests politely and they respond in kind. 
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    When I first play Rift after quitting wow, I was blown away by the realistic textures and the amazing landscapes. I loved the fact you did not need a rouge, mage, healer, tank and shaman to close a rift or beg for an invite to a raid when there was an event. People did not seem anywhere as toxic as wow. I know it is not a paradise free from problems but the community seemed to be better and the patron benefits are pretty nice. I love the minion mini game. They did a great job of getting rid of the gold spammers for the most part.

On the downside the pvp server is dead. You can buy overpriced gear out of the cash shop which means people do not have to work for their gear when they can plop down a visa card. So I am not a fan of the free to play model as they have it now. They do not give patrons credits to spend in the cash shop. The cash shop itself is in your face all of the time and you have to interact with it in order to do certain things. Some people complained that the raid content is not working and can be exploited.

just my two pennies.