Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis - Massive Gameplay Overhaul coming soon

kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
edited September 2015 in Gloria Victis
More great news for followers of GV, and possibly SWG fans who aren't already tracking GV! Things have been quiet over at GV the past couple weeks and I was beginning to wonder myself when the next update would be coming. Looks like the devs have been hard at work with some mor egreat improvements to the game.

There was an update posted regarding current work on an upcoming patch on the Gloria Victis site today and I did not see it posted over here yet by any of their devs so figured I would save them the trouble. Key points are a complete inventory system overhaul, reworking of the guilds systems, NPC shop interface improvements, a hand drawn world map, mention of a massive building system expansion coming soon, and also a complete revamp of the crafting system with a call to SWG fans to stay tuned for the the update. Will be interesting to see what they do with the crafting system.

Anyway here are the contents of the new posting from the GV site as well as the direct link:

http://gloriavictisgame.com/news/8096

"Greetings!

We have almost finished the massive overhaul that we were working hard on for the last few weeks! It will introduce numerous improvements, such as entirely reworked inventory and guilds systems, a much more user-friendly interface of the NPCs’ shops, a hand-drawn world map or a possibility to hide the icons near the hotbar.

Let’s start with the inventory system. All of the core functions have been implemented so far, so the most critical issues will finally be fixed. Moreover, it will allow to manage the inventory easier thanks to the implementation of stacks splitting and a possibility to expand the inventory space by using additional backpacks of different sizes. In the next days we will be applying this feature to the personal deposit chests as well, as well as upgrading the PVP looting interface – this way we will fix the issues occurring in this system.

New version of the guilds system is almost ready as well. We have been focused on polishing the most important functions of this system, so creating the guilds and managing them will be flawless. In the next steps we will implement announcements function, as well as forging alliances and declaring wars, so the player-driven politics will begin to be developed.

NPC shops’ interface has also be revamped. To make it more user-friendly we have revamped its layout a bit, adding the assortment filters and a short-term buy-back option, as well as numerous minor improvements, increasing the system’s intuitiveness – let’s just mention an ability to sell the entire stack of items at once. Reworked shops’ interface will come to the game with the new version of the inventory system.

All of those awesome changes will be implemented within few weeks. Everyone who has the access to Gloria Victis can join the internal tests to take a look at them or to try the building system’s massive expansion, which will come to the game soon as well.

And the last but not least – development of our crafting system led us to the point when the current mechanics became too restrictive for us. After long discussions we have decided to revamp it, although “revolution” would probably be a better word. Star Wars Galaxies’ fans – stay tuned!"

Comments

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 647
    Nice. I bought into the game a year+ ago but haven't done much with it since then. Might try once this update goes in to place.