Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quote from steam player 2000+ hours.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
This sums it up. LOL. O well though Trion loves you all for spending god awful amounts of cash, in a addictive CC battle. 

2,016.7 hrs on record
Posted: March 28
Oh Boy... where to start? As you can see, I've sunk lots of time into this game.

One of the most amazing MMO's I've ever played that has everything, yet made thoroughly unenjoyable by the mechanics, hackers, and cash cow decisions by the publisher.

Archeage has it all. PVP, PVE, Ships, Boats, Piracy, Farming, Harvesting, Crafting, player housing, good graphics and if the greedy developers weren't so well, greedy I'd still be playing.

So to the bad and why I quit.

1. Hacker & Exploits. At launch and for a few months after it, hackers were able to exploit some serious flaws in the game that allowed them to become super super wealthy whilst legitimate players struggled. This shafted the economy which as of now (March 2015) is in one hell of a mess with everything on the AH incredibly expensive. Hackers were able to land grab very early on and as land was in such high demand, people would pay silly money for a small farmhouse. It's only now due to the fact most people have left the game that land is available all over.

3. Labor. In this game if you want to do anything related to farming, you spend labor points which once spent, regenerate over time. Now here's the giggle. If you log off, overnight you will generate enough labor points for around 10 mins of farming. If you stay logged on, permanently, you'll gain double. This system is designed to make money from the Korean player base who pay per hour for internet use. It has no place in the western market. It's the main reason I quit the game.

4. Gear. The best gear is crafted. Unfortunately the crafting system is so RNG based the only way you'll get gear is to buy it but because the economy is so borked, the good gear is so rediculously priced it's unreachable for the majority of players. I worked out that one bow was around £600 real money if you bought enough apexes to buy it. Generating that kind of income can only be achieved via hacking. What this ultimately has lead to is a small majority of players with the gear being able to one shot people in PVP. 

5. Cash Cow Attitude .Going back to point 3. Run out of labor? No problem, you can buy a Labor pot from the cash store or for around 100 gold on the AH. Want to improve your gear, you'll need to play the RNG game with uber rare items. Don't worry though you can buy these uber rare items from the cash shop.. Want to sell your property? You'll need some appraisal tickets available from the cash shop. Want that awesome weapon? Buy APEX from the cash shop and sell in game for gold.... The list goes on.

6. The don't like constructive feedback if it's not positive. I made only 2 posts on their forums, one was about how the labor system was hurting the game and driving players away. A couple of weeks later I tried to log into the forums and found my forum account had been 'permanently' banned. lol... I created a support ticket which 2 months later is still unanswered. lol This for me was actually the straw that broke the camels back and 3 days ago, reluctantly I cancelled my 4 accounts.

7. Epic player abandonment. I've never experienced such an over subscribed game at launch which became void of players within 6 months. At the start the you had to queue for hours to get on. Land was so in demand, some folks after 3 months still could not find any free. Property was sold for silly amounts. Every square inch of farming land was occupied. Fast forward 6 months later and land is available everywhere. Go to arena and it's the same OP geared players over and over.

8... I could go on.

9... I could go on

10. I've lost motivation to continue listing the reason this game is one to avoid.

All in all Archeage is a truly ground breaking MMO that is a victim of poor management and greed. It's such a shame because in the right hands this would be an MMO to invest all your time in.

Seriously, just avoid it and spare yourself the inevitable pain and frustration that will come from playing this game.

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    2000 hours? I could barely stand it for 2 hours.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    edited September 2015
    I made this post, because I almost  download it again. Remembering the fun I had with the boat, and house I had........ Then I read this, and remembered why I left. 
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    In B4 DMKano
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    AngryElf said:
    In B4 DMKano
    Your psychic !!! 
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    edited September 2015
    Amazing timing lol

edit:  @AngryElf

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142
    edited September 2015
    well uhm, that is from march 2015, and from the sounds of it a low pop server that was recently merged. the economy isn't broken or outrageous by any means, the land isn't really available because there are so many people playing but it's easy to get the money to buy land. the labor system gives you the same amount online as offline. in fact the labor system exists to give value to every action you do. have any of you guys ever played an mmo where you level up a proficiency to max but yet everything you can make doesn't sell at all? archeage has a value on everything because of the labor used behind it. this forces people to pick and specialize.

anyway i wont rant.. it's just some guy raging because of something that happened to him. maybe got his packs stolen or something. 

EDIT: wtf is with this new interface on this website? it's awful. if i wanted to look at a facebook UI i'd go to facebook.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     I'm sure most of those 2000 hours were ones spent constantly logged in, to make sure he had labor. It is true though awesome game, terrible pay mechanics, and late hacker management. That and it's just a personal preference, but I never really got over the fact that such a big game only had 2 race choices per faction. 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Some of what he said is dated. Offline labor regens same as online now if patron.

Inflation of cash store items is ridiculous. Deflation of in game items makes that inflation even worse. Land is stupidly priced. Saw a 24x24 in Gwen today that spilt level townhouse for 35K gold. I had 3 of those before I quit. Now I dont even have the designs because I abandoned the game and all my deeds and stuff I had in houses (including maybe 10 APEX or more and a hundred or so labor pots) all poof and no answer to the ticket I put in.

You can still play  the game for free. You just need to spend a lot of time making money, which now with game play isnt very easy, despite what some people claim. They also try and claim making money to buy Apex (which is 550G + now)  isnt that hard. Maybe if you have 3 or 10 plots and know every trick to making cash there is then maybe. But a new toon with no land and now other way to make in game gold other than questing will find it impossible. I rolled a new guy on the new server. Prices are semi reasonable, but thats because no one has any gold yet. APEX selling for between 75-100G people trading gilda (the old run a toon get your 50 story line gilda and deleting toon trick) for gold to seed themselves.

This game is what a "free2play'' game personifies. If you have no life and can either spend 10-12 hours a day playing or pulling out your wallet to get a nice head start then no its not that difficult to get set up. But even though he claims it has everything, the everything it has isnt that great or indepth.
  • RyuushimaRyuushima Member UncommonPosts: 63
    DMKano said:
    If his opinion was the same for the entire 2000 hours, I feel for him. Something tells me he might have liked it a bit during those 2000 hours. :)

The land is completely gone on populated servers so this thing he said about land being plentiful never happened on servers that didn't get merged.

Again he had 2000 hours out of it - can't imagibe he didn't enjoy himself for a good portion of that.

I'd tell him - moderation is the key
    maybe you should actually read what was said lol.  He said it was a game that had it all, and he clearly enjoyed it.  However games can be ruined and in the case of ArcheAge that did happen. Good job trion...as always good job...
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    That's 84 days of playtime. He said that the labor point system was the main reason he quit the game.
    3. <snip> It's the main reason I quit the game.
    That's a long time to deal with something that you absolutely dislike. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I'm more suspicious as to why he spent over 2,000 hours and only NOW has chosen to go on record as to why he is leaving. 200 hours wasn't enough? 100? What about being generous and saying 500?

To put it in perspective 2,000 hours is playing 8 hours per day for 250 days.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    That's 84 days of playtime. He said that the labor point system was the main reason he quit the game.
    3. <snip> It's the main reason I quit the game.
    That's a long time to deal with something that you absolutely dislike. 

Yes because back in March, when he quit you had to stay logged in constantly to amass labor. He quit before they changed the system, but even after the change if you don't pay a sub you still need to stay logged in.  So you can't assume he actually played all those hours, in this case it could probably be safe to assume he actively played much less. 
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Not ready , i think i also drop the game at same time as him since the price of labor pot get out of control and jump to 100g . Before it just 10g to 20g (after 1-2 month) then it raise to 50g then 80g . At the end it was over 100g .
    Some job like alchemist able to keep making gold to buy them , but for other job , it become hard to get the pot . While i don't deny that there are ways better to get gold , but not all player interest in same job .

I also have few thunderstuck logs to save up in case i out of gold , but it hit me hard when they release new cash shop patch that make the log price drop to ground . After that hit i don't want to play anymore .
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    He's currently playing Lego Worlds......not judging, just sayin'

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I have to wonder how much of that was spent AFK at a target dummy. Or is that even still a thing now days?

Anyhoo putting 2000 hours into something and then burning out, well no fucking wonder. If I could eat Prime Rib, Oysters Rockefeller, and Maine lobster, washed down with a magnum of Bollinger Les Vieilles Vignes Francaises every night I'm sure there would come a time when I'd grow sick of it.

Not that this is how I'd describe Archeage. I see it as more of a wonky Taco Bell where you have to get your food via slot machines.

I have to agree, many of those hours were like you said, "logged on at the dummy" to earn labor points.  Sadly most people dont realize it costs about a dollar a day to run your computer 24 hours so people who played before the change to online labor were spending $30 a month just to get some labor. 

Like mentioned above, I'm sure he did like the game for a large portion of his time, I did too.  I just got tired of logging in, harvest crops, create trade packs, trade run, out of labor.  If that online labor change had come sooner, I would probably have continued playing.  Now without my land, there is no reason to come back.  The sub isn't worth it without land and I'm not dropping $100 in the cash shop to make enough gold to give to some land baron.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    I logged back into AA the other day after being gone for nine months and land prices were unexpectedly cheap on Salphira (original server). Glad I sold my holdings before I left the game, as I can now go buy replacements for less if I want.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If he spend 2k hours, and is only now coming out with this.  He must have like it somewhat.  Something tells me something happened that he didn't like and is grousing.  You don't play that long without having some fun.

I self identify as a monkey.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    mgilbrtsn said:
    If he spend 2k hours, and is only now coming out with this.  He must have like it somewhat.  Something tells me something happened that he didn't like and is grousing.  You don't play that long without having some fun.
    Point 6 is what he says broke the camel's back.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Ryuushima said:
    DMKano said:
    If his opinion was the same for the entire 2000 hours, I feel for him. Something tells me he might have liked it a bit during those 2000 hours. :)

The land is completely gone on populated servers so this thing he said about land being plentiful never happened on servers that didn't get merged.

Again he had 2000 hours out of it - can't imagibe he didn't enjoy himself for a good portion of that.

maybe you should actually read what was said lol.  He said it was a game that had it all, and he clearly enjoyed it.  However games can be ruined and in the case of ArcheAge that did happen. Good job trion...as always good job...
    Considering some of the things Kano posts, when it comes to anything criticizing AA, he is functionally illiterate.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Sovrath said:
    I'm more suspicious as to why he spent over 2,000 hours and only NOW has chosen to go on record as to why he is leaving. 200 hours wasn't enough? 100? What about being generous and saying 500?

To put it in perspective 2,000 hours is playing 8 hours per day for 250 days.

He says being logged on overnight generated enough labor for 20 minutes of farming.

Assuming overnight means 8 hours, he spend 83 hours and 20 minutes playing the game and rest of that time were spend logged on just to generate labor.

That's still quite a lot of time for a single game, and I think he should have focused more on the good points that kept him playing for nearly 100 hours.

• Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I dont think Posting someones steam name on this forum is ok.  Especially without consent.  And now some of you are stalking his activities on steam?!
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    DMKano said:

Nothing that was said gave the slightest hint that he was complaining because he was burned out on the game.

He's complaining about the exploitation, cash shop and overall management of the game.

Did you not bother reading his post or is this a case of blind fanboism?

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305

OP QUOTE :
    "Archeage has it all. PVP, PVE, Ships, Boats, Piracy, Farming, Harvesting, Crafting, player housing, good graphics "

Nothing more need to be said. I rather be part of something like this and take the drama and downs instead of playing sub par crap.

Archeage is the best MMORPG release in the last decade, for me all the drama is worth it .

Can't go back to a MMORPG that does offer less.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i bought AA..which came with a 3 months patron deal..

Then i quitted and never looked back..

All the points that are being made by this steam user i agree on..

The game was already doomed @ launch when the exploits were going on.. but then again.. the who people who coded this game are extremely stupid.. eveyrthing is done clieny side.. which is a hackers dream..

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    edited September 2015
    I think that this is a fine example of how hacking and cheating by a minority, ruins the game for the majority, and is a definite hurt to the profitability of MMO's.  I am fully on board for more severe penalties to people who are caught.
    • Such as fines starting at $10,000 +
    • Or jail time.
    • Maybe loss of privileges on computers entirely,
    • Having to wear an ankle tracker dragging a sign on a chain stating "The useless part of society". 
    • Public shamings where people can throw tomatoes at them, (and/or poop).  
    • Locking them up for a week without food then putting them into a ring and for a televised audience, let them fight over some food scraps, then afterwards tell the victor how you tainted the food with botulism and they are going to suffer horrible cramps for the next few days then soak them down with the fire hose. 

I could go on.  It's not like it's going to happen of course, but it sure ticks me off how we casually allow people to drag our enjoyment through the mud.  Maybe videogame developers shouldn't spend efforts to stop hacking rather they should spend efforts to criminally charge the hackers.

* Note : I don't honestly believe that two wrongs can make a right, and I understand that some of the punishments are over the top and were intended in parody. *

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.