Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage Disaster yet again, few people got in, the rest are locked out from 2.0 land grab

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
edited September 2015 in ArcheAge
ha ha ha anyone surprised, I knew this was coming and it looks like they are again not going to roll it back to be fair. 
Post edited by Gyva02 on

Comments

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Or maybe they will??? From Scapes (Dev) 

"A rollback is being discussed because there were some players who were able to connect before the servers were taken down. As Celestrata points out on Reddit, other game systems would potentially be affected by a rollback but we're still looking into it as a course of action."
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    There are people still playing that game?  Hmmm, I am surprised about that not about the other problem.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    LOL what a s**t show
  • minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32
    They won't do anything, same as the first time the game went online. This is why me and my friends had no intentions of returning to this flawed game. Lack hackers will get the bulk of the land and Trion won't do a damn thing about it except say "sorry".

Gotta love a poorly coded game client where they put major core functions into the client to be hacked.

Gonna grab some popcorn and watch the rain of tears. :D
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    They should of named 2.0 "Players Hope" Because if the hacks and bots are still present it'll be a ghost town again...  I think most people are ok with the insane RNG but nobody wants to be out done by a group of cheaters... 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    At this point is anyone really surprised about this?  Think of all the people who thought about coming back to the new servers only to be let down yet again.  Sad. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I thought about it for a couple of mins. Then I realised they just do the same things over and over. Its like a vicious cycle with them. But there are those who like abusive partners, hence all the people who love to be abused by trion and arche age. Here is a solution to the problem............. On days like this land is not placeable, the time land is placeable is not annoced. Then there are random timers on all plots before it can be placed, though out the week. Holy shit it took me literally 5 mins to come up with a solution. The people running this game obviously could care less about the players, about being fair, who cheats, or who does anything. Its so obvious it isn't even entertaining any more. They know there are gonna be a few who will pay them, and when no one else does theybwill shut the game down. I just hope some one starts emulating it soon, so we don't have to wait 7 years after the game shuts down. 
  • CrimsonFalkonCrimsonFalkon Member UncommonPosts: 46
    sigh...yet again I am not going to even get a reach around with this

• ZardayneZardayne Member UncommonPosts: 66
    In all years of MMOs (from UO on) this is the only mmo game I ever got a refund on.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I once was in love with this game. It was like falling in love with a prostitute.
    -Chuckles
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    im sorry DM  this is the Deathkneel   just end the misery
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Without land you may as well not play the game.  I tried, it was a bad idea.  Horrendous PvE, bad questing, tedious crafting and on and on.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I once was in love with this game. It was like falling in love with a prostitute.
    Well said.

I thought about going back for this new server relaunch for about 0.000000000000001 seconds. Then I came to my senses.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    hmmmm, a lot of posts and threads all say that it's a ghost town.  If there is such a surge, it must mean it still has somewhat of a population... or no?

I self identify as a monkey.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    havent played since release.  are all the high level areas still flooded with ppl and every mob is camped?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • CrimsonSixCrimsonSix Member UncommonPosts: 42
    i bet all this cryin is from ppl who cant wait to get a fix
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    i bet all this cryin is from ppl who cant wait to get a fix
    With this investigative prowess you could be the next Sherlock Holmes.....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    well it does drive off ppl considering playing..  Again, not me.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    DMKano said:
    The servers are down - so nobody can play - they will rollback - so nobody got ahead by being able to log in before they brought it down.

Just like last time right. When all they said was sorry. These people could sell every ones cc info and you would still defend them.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I love this line in their rollback statement:  "We’ve learned a great deal from our Auroria launch".  I guess they learned how to rollback servers and still need more time to figure out how to roll out a major update without issue.  LOL
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    With the community already this fired up, I can't wait to see the fallout from the land rush.
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    DMKano said:
    The servers are down - so nobody can play - they will rollback - so nobody got ahead by being able to log in before they brought it down.

Just like last time right. When all they said was sorry. These people could sell every ones cc info and you would still defend them.
    Last time the game was not able to be rolled back, since then XL has updated the code to allow full rollbacks... it had nothing to do with Trion, it was game code that did not allow them to roll back. This time it is Trion's fault, as it was an issue with the Glyph authentication server but at-least they can and are doing a full roll back, so all land grabs are null & void.
  • gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Ikifales said:
    DMKano said:

Last time the game was not able to be rolled back, since then XL has updated the code to allow full rollbacks... it had nothing to do with Trion, it was game code that did not allow them to roll back. This time it is Trion's fault, as it was an issue with the Glyph authentication server but at-least they can and are doing a full roll back, so all land grabs are null & void.

well, thank goodness for that - the bots, hackers and just plain pig land-grabbers didn't get the opportunity they were expecting - fixed

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    gatheris said:
    Ikifales said:
    DMKano said:

well, thank goodness for that - the bots, hackers and just plain pig land-grabbers didn't get the opportunity they were expecting - fixed
    Umm..no they can only roll back server thanks to the feedback XLGames managed to code into their client and server script, hackers/botters will still be there, XLGames have not become so skilled to be able to fix something they failed to do for nearly 4 years.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.