Star Citizen - The Community Hub

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,084
    Any bets on S42 demo making an appearance?
    It's not likely, they wouldn't throw all at once because there's Citizencon in October to also have stuff to show, that's where I would bet SQ42 will make its appearance.  It's unlikely also with all the work on 3.0 I think it would be overwhelming to pull the vertical slice at the time time, but I think it's safer to expect there will be a proper trailer of SQ42 tomorrow.
  • azarhalazarhal Somewhere, BCMember UncommonPosts: 1,157
    I don't expect any SQ42 personally, nor are they going to show anything new outside the already announced new ship. They are just going to show more finished 3.0 stuff tomorrow (some of which might be mindblowing though).
  • ExcessionExcession NottinghamMember RarePosts: 709
    Excession said:
    MaxBacon said:

It's time to talk about atmospheric flight. Unfortunately, I didn't test the space flight, but I could fly in Daymar's atmosphere. 

Is there any actual space flight to test?

Seem's to me it is just Daymar and nothing else, only atmospheric flight, no space beyond that.
    It looks like they took a section of 3.0 to demo.  Like you said just the planetary landing.  It would probably take a lot longer than 20 mins. to play more. 

Any bets on S42 demo making an appearance?
    I would put money on them not having anything to show (or anything playable) for S42 based on what they are showing of 3.0 right now.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 1,529
    Erillion said:
    The issue will be out soon ... so ... we will see ;-)

Have fun

So now that the list is out, which position in the top 100 was Star Citizen in?

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 7,956
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    The issue will be out soon ... so ... we will see ;-)

Have fun

So now that the list is out, which position in the top 100 was Star Citizen in?
    See upthread.

Have fun
    edited September 4
    http://www.gamestar.de/videos/20-jahre-gamestar-die-zehn-wichtigsten-spiele-star-citizen-ist-der-roberts-jetzt-voellig-irre,94264.html

"GameStar" magazine (=largest gaming magazine in the german speaking countries) ranks Star Citizen as one of the 10 most important games in the 20 year history of the magazine, fully knowing that it has not even been released yet.

If you look at the URL above, you see the subtitle of the article "Is Roberts now completely nuts ?" ...  »Ist der Roberts jetzt völlig irre?«

And answering it with

"... daher rührt eben auch die Faszination des Spiels..."
    "... that makes up a lot of the fascination of this game .... "

Have fun
    Post edited by Erillion on
    Vikingirrpmcmurphy
  • VikingirVikingir DokkaMember UncommonPosts: 162
    Ja, ambitionen ist gut. :)
    rpmcmurphy
    Best regards,
    Viking
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy DublinMember RarePosts: 2,507
    Erillion said:
     "Is Roberts now completely nuts ?"

To this I would say yes, it really is a case of the looney running the asylum. Where else would you have people dropping $10,000, $20,000 or even $40,000 on promises from an renowned over-promiser.
    Erillion said:

To this I would say yes, it really is a case of the looney running the asylum. Where else would you have people dropping $10,000, $20,000 or even $40,000 on promises from an renowned over-promiser.

Basically what the journalists say is:
     ... you need a developer that is driven and a perfectionist to even contemplate such an ambitious project.
     ... you need fans that not only want to buy a computer game but want to ".....invest in a dream, the enormous dream of the ideal space game ..."
    (--> "....investiert in einen Traum, den gewaltigen Traum vom idealen Weltraumspiel...").

Have fun
    Vikingir
  • KefoKefo London, ONMember EpicPosts: 3,019
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

... you need a developer that is driven and a perfectionist to even contemplate such an ambitious project.
     ... you need fans that not only want to buy a computer game but want to ".....invest in a dream, the enormous dream of the ideal space game ..."
    (--> "....investiert in einen Traum, den gewaltigen Traum vom idealen Weltraumspiel...").

Have fun
    No you need a developer who wasn't run out of the game industry over a decade ago. A perfectionist sounds great on paper (much like many of SC's ideas) but you soon realize perfectionism in a video game will be its downfall.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,685
    this thread... lives on
    ErillionMadFrenchie
  • Chile267Chile267 Huntington Beach, CAMember UncommonPosts: 141
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    No you need a developer who wasn't run out of the game industry over a decade ago. A perfectionist sounds great on paper (much like many of SC's ideas) but you soon realize perfectionism in a video game will be its downfall.

So, your okay with mediocrity in your games? That's cool.

If no one dreams it, who will build it?
    ErillionVikingir
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Austin, TXMember RarePosts: 2,062
    Chile267 said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Unrealistic egomania and mediocrity are the not the binary choices.
    Kefosgelkikoodutroa8Excession

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• KefoKefo London, ONMember EpicPosts: 3,019
    Chile267 said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

I'm ok with a fun game that is released. Not with something that we are told will be awesome when its finished but please give us more money.
  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 1,529
    All you need is ambition.
    Competence is optional.
    Buy an Idris.

Kefokikoodutroa8Excession

..Cake..

Kefo said:
    but please give us more money.
    If you do not want to give money ...... do not give money.

It is as simple as that.

Have fun

sgel said:
    Competence is optional.
    Buy an Idris.

All you need is ambition.....
    Competence can be hired.....
    Let someone else buy an Idris if he wants ....

Have fun
  • VikingirVikingir DokkaMember UncommonPosts: 162
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Competence is optional.
    Buy an Idris.

An idris is a good buy.
    Seeing an Idris means goodbye. 
    Best regards,
    Viking
    Haiku competition ?   ;-)

Have fun
    Vikingir
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,722
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Competence is optional.
    Buy an Idris.

Have fun
    If you hire competence that you can over rule at will it doesn't really do any good.  It's like hiring an expert but not listening to anything he has to say because you're convinced your ambition makes you right.  
    Excession

"Change is the only constant."

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,084
    If you hire competence that you can over rule at will it doesn't really do any good.  It's like hiring an expert but not listening to anything he has to say because you're convinced your ambition makes you right.  
    uhhh, it's also risk vs reward.
    Any expert would say you: Don't be ambitious.

Because it's the safe route, there's more risk when you are gambling the outcome, it's as said, by trial and error.

Excession
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,722
    MaxBacon said:
    uhhh, it's also risk vs reward.
    Any expert would say you: Don't be ambitious.

Because it's the safe route, there's more risk when you are gambling the outcome, it's as said, by trial and error.

Most founders don't even hire experts because they are doing something different and don't want to pay people to tell them how they should do things.  They usually hire people who are talented and good at following directions.  The ones who aren't good at only saying yes usually leave when they realize the boss only has one way  of doing things, his way.  

"Change is the only constant."

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 grenobleMember UncommonPosts: 317
    DMKano said:
    this thread... lives on
    Best mmo since PFO!!!
  • ExcessionExcession NottinghamMember RarePosts: 709
    PC Gamer has produced a round up of the best space games on PC.

You can see the list here.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Interesting article and describes some gems i did not play yet. Thank you.

Have fun