Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Founder Pack or just wait.

ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
While i did try this game years ago n found it fun, I decided to wait for it to come to the west. Now its not so far for it to be released. However, i am still on the fence with this game. Not sure to invest in founder packs when the game is solid, had 3 years to patch bugs and polish the game. It kills the whole aspect of it. It feels to me the founders pack is just a gimmick to get money out of us, however some of the benefits do seem to be appealing for someone who may invest into the game. But alas im not sure if to invest, if i do it may just push me to play the game through the months i did invest in. I am just getting the feeling if to wait for it to be released you know, after so many mmo flops it just sounds to be the best senario.

Not sure what to do to be honest. But I want to hear what everyone has to say, those who invested and those who havent or will never do so. Give me your opinions!

Comments

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    DMKano said:
    If you can afford it easily and want to support the game, do a founders pack. 

If you have any hesitation - better to wait and play free.

My 2c

I am also talking with some of my friends, see if any have interest to play this game together. I guess that will factor big time also.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    If you want the head start and want to play the beta just buy the initiate pack, it isnt that expensive, but if you already played it and liked it, just wait for release, BnS will be F2P with optional sub afaik.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    If your questioning it for too long, I'd say hold off if money is tight. Normally I am ready to drop $50 on a founder's pack as soon as I hear about it, or I already skip it for good. Honestly.. the BnS packs don't appeal to me much even though I can't wait to play the game. Well I shouldn't say that. The $130 pack looks great, but is too overpriced for what you get. I'll sub and skip the founders pack this time.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited September 2015
    I am not a fan of pre-release paid access in games, I have paid for games ahead of time twice. (GW2 and FFXIV:ARR) In both cases, I got my value, but I'll probably not do it again.

I saw with ArcheAge, the game wasn't going to be for me long before it released.

That said, if this game looks like it would be your game, I'd actually recommend the Founder's Pack. Based on ArcheAge, the Alpha / Beta phase might be the best experience during the game's life cycle and thus the best time to play. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Wait at least until you hear their closed beta schedule.

On their purchase website they reveal that you will "Gain access to all closed beta tests this fall", and that "We’ll have more information on the dates for the Closed Beta weekends and access in the future".

Reading a bit between those lines, they might give you very limited closed beta testing times during this fall, mostly during weekends. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd advise being patient at least for a little longer and waiting until they reveal how many and how long closed beta tests they plan to do.

I am not a fan of pre-release paid access in games, I have paid for games ahead of time twice. (GW2 and FFXIV:ARR) In both cases, I got my value, but I'll probably not do it again.

I saw with ArcheAge, the game wasn't going to be for me long before it released.

That said, if this game looks like it would be your game, I'd actually recommend the Founder's Pack. Based on ArcheAge, the Alpha / Beta phase might be the best experience during the game's life cycle and thus the best time to play. 
    I know i got my moneys worth with ff14 i did enjoy that game alot. but my friends left it and it was not the same. :(
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am going to get the base package.
  • EquiNoxyEquiNoxy Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Founders Pack = Unique dobok + weapon skin => YES!! to Founders Pack
    EquiNoxy said:
    Founders Pack = Unique dobok + weapon skin => YES!! to Founders Pack
    I went for the big one at the end. Guess for some im just a sucker.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Vrika said:

On their purchase website they reveal that you will "Gain access to all closed beta tests this fall", and that "We’ll have more information on the dates for the Closed Beta weekends and access in the future".

Reading a bit between those lines, they might give you very limited closed beta testing times during this fall, mostly during weekends. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd advise being patient at least for a little longer and waiting until they reveal how many and how long closed beta tests they plan to do.

This.  Also aren't you the same person who shared the free beta key thing?  Surely you got one?  The only things you're missing out on are some cosmetics and head start. 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited October 2015
    We all the know the answer. You really want to buy it. But you know you should wait.

Who will win in the test between rational mind and impulsive online purchase?

We've all been there before.

Vrika said:

This.  Also aren't you the same person who shared the free beta key thing?  Surely you got one?  The only things you're missing out on are some cosmetics and head start. 

My post quoted by Kajidourden was made more than a month ago. It's not very relevant now that they've released their closed beta schedule.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I bought the founders but will not play beta  always makes me sick of the game by release.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I decided I would buy a B&S founders pack after watching the WoW Legion reveal.  The mid size one has everything I need and costs less than a collectors edition box in a traditional P2P game. 

I might have thought twice about it if there was something else I was excited about coming out anytime soon, but there just isn't.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited October 2015
    I did a little cost analysis on the Founder Packs

Basic - all you get is guaranteed beta access, early head start, and a two week head start into Premium levels.  You would be better off spending the money on NCoin and using it in-game at the Hong Moon store.  For example, this $25 could get you a month premium and (estimated) two character slots.

Standard - the difference between the Basic and Standard is about $55 worth of stuff
    $15 - one month premium
    $30 - 2400 NCoin
    $10 - estimated cost of NCoin to buy two character slots.
    Once again, other than the premium level buffs you would be better off saving the money and buying NCoin.  For the $75 you could get two months premium, two character slots and still have 2800 NCoin for the Hong Moon store.  The only thing you are REALLY missing out on is some closed beta sessions and the 3 day head start.

Collectors - This is the only one worth buying.
    $45 for 3 months premium
    $90 for 7200 NCoin
    $25 for 5 character slots
    a total of $160 worth of real world money stuff, PLUS the other stuff included like beta access, unique weapons and clothes, high end potions, and tier 4 Premium access.
    The reason I am mentioning this stuff is that at this level, YOU ARE ALREADY GETTING REALLY GOOD VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, so NOW the extra stuff is something to consider

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    What annoys me is that you can't access their website under firefox.  That they have their security that messed up gives me pause.  Will put it this way -- I went to their website to join and it didn't work.  I actually even asked and it seems you just have to use another browser -- which I don't have installed on this box.  Getting a different web browser to access their billing sites etc because their security is lax kind of frightens me in general, plus it is a decent amount of effort. 

What makes me wonder in general as well is on just how many people they have lost due to them making the decision to pre-order and then having it not work and then not going through the hoops afterward.

I am still considering it, but if FF had worked it would have been a done deal.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DMKano said:
    lzanon said:
    DMKano said:

My 2c

I am also talking with some of my friends, see if any have interest to play this game together. I guess that will factor big time also.

Indeed my guildies and I got Devilian founder packs and are having a blast. They happen to be my RL friends so it's a major factor.

We also did H1Z1 packs, Landmark, Archeage, lots of steam early access games like Ark.

Friends make all the difference. 
    That's very true, I have never hated an MMO, always the players. I believe you can enjoy the most horrible gameplay heavily P2W game. Like how we used to play Travian or Clash of Clans in the office. 

I personally always try to get into betas or early access. I use that period as a learning curve and to choose what race/class/faction I'm going to play. But that really depends on if you can spare $25 or get disappointed later on. I suggest you pick the cheapest pack and upgrade later (have to look into possibility of that I am not sure) if you really did enjoy the game. Because the $25 pack is the cheapest, but also it is the most overpriced as you get nothing besides beta access for your $25. The Master pack ($125) makes the most sense financially if you are really planning to play that game for a long period of time. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Founders pack for Blade & Souls? Wtf?
    centkin said:
    What annoys me is that you can't access their website under firefox.  That they have their security that messed up gives me pause.  Will put it this way -- I went to their website to join and it didn't work.  I actually even asked and it seems you just have to use another browser -- which I don't have installed on this box.  Getting a different web browser to access their billing sites etc because their security is lax kind of frightens me in general, plus it is a decent amount of effort. 

What makes me wonder in general as well is on just how many people they have lost due to them making the decision to pre-order and then having it not work and then not going through the hoops afterward.

Wierd, I exclusively use fire fox and I got into their page without a hitch. Btw Nice avatar. Sometimes I miss Istaria. But alas i gave up on it.
    lzanon said:
    centkin said:

Wierd, I exclusively use fire fox and I got into their page without a hitch. Btw Nice avatar. Sometimes I miss Istaria. But alas i gave up on it.
    @centkin ;

The website should work with Firefox. I just gave you that advice because I assumed you'd be using Windows and have another browser (Internet Explorer) installed. Even if you had to install a completely new browser it's often much faster than trying to find out what's wrong with Firefox just for the sake of a single webpage

In case you need to get the webpage working you can try some tricks like:
    1. Update your Firefox to latest version if it isn't already
    2. Try this fix: http://crimsonshift.com/firefox-error-code-ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap/
    3. Check that all your Firefox's security settings are set to their default values then try again

• CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Wait, why pay money for something you can get for free later and earn most of the perks with in game play time.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    I will get the cheap one just because of headstart, not a fan of paying for headstart, but oh well thats how it is these days.

DMKano said:
    lzanon said:
    DMKano said:

My 2c

Indeed my guildies and I got Devilian founder packs and are having a blast. They happen to be my RL friends so it's a major factor.

We also did H1Z1 packs, Landmark, Archeage, lots of steam early access games like Ark.

Friends make all the difference. 
    That's very true, I have never hated an MMO, always the players. I believe you can enjoy the most horrible gameplay heavily P2W game. Like how we used to play Travian or Clash of Clans in the office. 

I personally always try to get into betas or early access. I use that period as a learning curve and to choose what race/class/faction I'm going to play. But that really depends on if you can spare $25 or get disappointed later on. I suggest you pick the cheapest pack and upgrade later (have to look into possibility of that I am not sure) if you really did enjoy the game. Because the $25 pack is the cheapest, but also it is the most overpriced as you get nothing besides beta access for your $25. The Master pack ($125) makes the most sense financially if you are really planning to play that game for a long period of time. 
    Heck yes, friends impact on the fun factor. I even played buggy and laggy games like Istraria and had alot of fun dispite it being kinda buggy, outdated ect. This time around ill be joining with 6 of my friends and some may show up later. so far 4 of us got the master packs, the other 2 the cheap one.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    its funny how some people disagree with the founders pack scam then buy it because "thats how it is these days".

Supporting anti-consumer practices with your wallet is why the gaming industry needs another crash and start fresh from zero again.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    edited October 2015
    I figured you guys would have learned lessons based on other games like Archeage on throwing a bunch of money at a game that isn't released.  But it's your money and not my business to tell you what to do with it.  If you like the game great, I just hope it doesn't end up being a disappointment or something other than advertised when it actually launches.