Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MSI's Gaming G Series Laptops -

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2015 in News & Features Discussion

imageMSI's Gaming G Series Laptops -

MSI is known for manufacturing the first overclocking motherboard and over the years has become one of the most recognized brands in gaming hardware. This year, with the introduction of Intel's latest 6th generation processor, codename Skylake, the ambitious company has set its sights on becoming the go-to brand when it comes to gaming laptops.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    My first gaming laptop was MSI. I had to send it in for repairs 3 times within the 2 year warranty period. The repair staff literally spoke very poor English to the point I had to ask for the manager just to understand them, then the manager only just spoke barely eligible English herself and this was from a California office. Less than a month after my warranty lapsed the laptop crashed again for the fourth time in 2 years, I'll never touch anything MSI ever again.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Hum a mixed review ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    I have a MSI GT60. 3 months out of the box I had repeated BSOD. Had to go through the RMA process. 6 weeks later they said they swapped/upgraded the video card.

I still get random BSOD.

I will never buy an MSI product again.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I have one MSI laptop and two Sager's.  I'll take the Sager's any day.  You can get a fantastic gaming laptop from Sager for a grand and top of the line for two grand.

Just don't buy any of their customized upgrades.  For the prices they charge for a single SSD upgrade, you can buy two from Newegg when they're on sale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    "Neilie Johnson is a freelance contributor to MMORPG.com."

translation: Neilie is a freelance writer who got a new notebook sponsored from MSI and in return, today she writes good things about the new series.

I personally doubt that most of it was even worded by the autor herself, as it rather sounds like it came straight out of MSI promo department.

Everything in this "article" is info you can get with a few mouseclicks from any hardware site.

However, thanks giving me a commercial break while i read this at work.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I had MSI GX740 gaming laptop for couple of years and it was fantastic. Fast and cool. Never had any issues whatsoever. It looked brand new when I sold it. But, these gaming laptops do depreciate very quick. I'm not sure I would buy another.
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Two years ago I purchased a MSI gaming laptop, I booted it up once, started to update windows, then it made very weird sound, shut down, and never rebooted. Had to send it back and cancel the order. Have a Asus now, very happy with that one, never had any trouble. Upgrading to Win 8.1 and now Win 10 have been extremly smotth. Unlike my ultrabook which struggle with updates.
  • ZephyrjinxZephyrjinx Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I once considered buying an MSI laptop, but after careful research I realized just the other day that my money would be better spent on a new Spike's Tactical "Crusader" ahhhhhh the finer things in life.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    http://www.bidnessetc.com/51466-nvidia-corporation-pressurized-oxide-to-disable-certain-settings-in-directx/ Nvidia has no d12 capable hardware, anyone saying that their products that are using nvidia components proclaiming dx12, is untrue. No Nvidia card as of right ow supports the key a-sync computing that the core of dx12 performance will come from. AMD is the only gpu manufactory who's cards support dx12.
    And that matters? Seriously, there are no games that support DX12 at the moment and I doubt we will see any in the near future. By that time games have that feature you will need a new laptop anyways. Way to get excited over nothing.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    ok ill avoid it then based on the posts here.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Volgore said:
    "Neilie Johnson is a freelance contributor to MMORPG.com."

translation: Neilie is a freelance writer who got a new notebook sponsored from MSI and in return, today she writes good things about the new series.

I personally doubt that most of it was even worded by the autor herself, as it rather sounds like it came straight out of MSI promo department.

Everything in this "article" is info you can get with a few mouseclicks from any hardware site.

However, thanks giving me a commercial break while i read this at work.

Quoted for truth. This site really is a joke at times.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    time007 said:
    ok ill avoid it then based on the posts here.
    as anyone who has gamed on a laptop in anger knows spec counts for little if you haven't sorted out the cooling. Asus, though not without there issues are probably favourite here.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I"ve seen mixed reviews too. They were either really good reviews, or nightmarish ones. I'd buy a off brand gaming laptop with medium reviews before i bought one with reviews at go to both extremes. Same goes with any tech product really. 

Yes I've learned this lesson the hard way thinking I would never be part of the nightmarish reviewers on tech products. It has bitten me in the a** twice.... never again. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I had an MSI gaming laptop when I used to travel a lot for work. When I no longer needed it I passed it on to my daughter and it has been going strong for 3 years with zero problems. It was an AMD based model and kicked ass in gaming.

Generalizations are next to useless. Individual models configured properly can be great.

I have also been an Asus user, mostly MBs, for a couple of decades but I used an MSI MB for my last desktop build, the Z87-GD65, and I have also had zero issues while generously overclocking both my 4770K and 16 gigs of memory.

As always, your mileage may vary.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    ASUS ROG has been spot on the past couple of years.  MSI is kinda like Alienware in my head (bloated, overpriced)