Good sandbox MMO, Ryzom

2»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember RarePosts: 891
    When it comes to graphics I think Ryzom holds up quite well. A lot better then say UO, AO, DAoC and even the likes of Vanguard, EQ2 and the original GW, it seems to age much slower. This all is opinion ofc and I like the graphical style Ryzom uses a lot.

The combat? That is a matter of preference I guess, it is old fashioned yes, I like it that way  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,682
    Muke said:
    Why do games have to go to steam to be found?...This game has been around at least 10 years.....Are people just that lazy that they cant find MMOs without steam?
    The fact that I thought this game was already dead and buried says enough.
    You hear nothing from it, no ads, no publications, nothing.

I certainly am not googling the name every now and then. how do you expect any younger post-Ryzom player to find the game?

Might as well google Tabula Rasa, maybe that game is around too in some form?

Tabula Rasa is not around in any form, the server code is in possession of one ex-employee and the client code is in hands of another.  No other copies exist, EA had no interest in keeping it.

There was some interest from different sources of bringing it back but it never marerialized.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INMember RarePosts: 5,362
    I just tried Ryzom...it may have been a good sandbox mmo in 2000s, but the graphics outdated combat was more than enough for me to click the quit button ratherly quickly. Trying Wurm online because I heard good and bad things about it.
    Ugh Wurm is 100X worse for graphics.....ALso the server crashes often and the game play is archaic at best.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 franklin, NYMember UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I would like to say this is the most realistic world I have played in. So for you guys who say this isn't a sandbox well.. The seasons are great, but what really got me was I was digging for bark, and the werid cow things seem so real, they even were randomly eating the grass.
  • angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 379
    Still the toughest, and best mmorpg running.  The original SWG was a better sandbox, but that's long gone.  I come back to Ryzom every so often just to remember what "challenge" means.