Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Workshop Show #47 - State of the game - Feedback on builds

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
edited September 2015 in EverQuest Next
First 5 min we get a quick update about the state of the game. Next Steve talks about the struggles they are having with the voxel system thats impacting builds. That later part is allot of tech talk. @MrSnuffles you should watch this, it talks about voxels and polygons lol. 8-| So looks like combat updates is coming soon. So here comes game play videos everyone keep asking for. Also the feedback on builds are some really great builds and worth watching. Mind blowing what people are doing with square voxels. Enjoy. 

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/v/14255015

Post edited by Nanfoodle on

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    So updates on combat is coming. I am looking forward to testing it. When we do I will post some videos if I can.
    edited September 2015
    Props soon to come. Also asked the community to see if they could make any of them with voxels. 

edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    Is this Landmark or EQN?
    EQN, the builds in the show are in Landmark as Landmark is the tools to build EQN put in the hands of the players. Same tools the devs are using. But they are talking about the state of the game for EQN. We will see these systems tested in Landmark of course but as things get tested in Landmark, they are added to EQN. 
    edited September 2015
    DMKano said:
    So basically it's Landmark being shown, with future implementation in EQN.
    Landmark is just a big garage and EQN is the car. You playing dumb? As you get what tools are used to build a game and thats all Landmark is. Tools put in the players hands. Everything in Landmark but the building tools are being ported to EQN. The emotes, combat, lighting, weather, day night cycle, Oceans. All tested first in Landmark and when it works, ported to EQN. Only updates Landmark is getting for now is assets needed to get EQN built. When EQN is done the promise is Landmark will start to change more into a FFA building game. Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Maybe new places to build like moons and space. But for now all biomes, props and textures are ones that are needed for EQN. 

EDIT: Only thing unique to Landmark at this point is the tools and thats 75% of the game, building. And the class you play. Even then, the class Adventurer shares the core combat and gear system EQN will have. Dodging, Heroic Movement, gear not being about stats but adding new skills or morphing skills to make your class play different. Everything else you see in Landmark besides the tools is all EQN assets.  
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Why is Good_Apollo laughing at all the posts of Nanfoodle? I want to know whats so funny.
    Why is Good_Apollo laughing at all the posts of Nanfoodle? I want to know whats so funny.
    Its a community's way of saying I hate you or your post. EQN hater =-) I care little. 
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Way to troll.