Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO hits 1000 simultaneous accounts logged in

Comments

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    edited November 2015

That topic is largely about how dead the politics are currently and how the population is spread out between 2 giant continents. No wars are going on. Still tons of people in every town in game and tons of guilds hiding behind their palisades.

I agreed with your problems with pathfinder but to try mortal for less than an hour and then attack it like you know what the game is about is a bit foolish. At least give a game a shot before you trash it. And this is an honest company that had a free beta for half a year before release and have never done anything shady. This game is a labor of love for the few devs that make it not a cash grab like pathfinder.

Why you would attack such a small indie game trying something original is beyond me.
    edited November 2015
    Talonsin said:

Tell me how these 3 devs hurt your feelings? They allow the mean kids to loot you?
    So you are trolling me again?
    No you said the devs are corrupt so please tell me why you think that. I asked a valid question. You said they are corrupt please explain how?
    Actually, I have evidence of Dev and GM corruption, behold!

http://imgur.com/a/l7twF

http://imgur.com/Qisd9w1

Looks like you were bashing the game on steam and they have every reason to deny you service. Doesn't seem like corruption to me. You can be denied service anywhere in life for being an asshat.
  • Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

That topic is largely about how dead the politics are currently and how the population is spread out between 2 giant continents. No wars are going on. Still tons of people in every town in game and tons of guilds hiding behind their palisades.

I agreed with your problems with pathfinder but to try mortal for less than an hour and then attack it like you know what the game is about is a bit foolish. At least give a game a shot before you trash it. And this is an honest company that had a free beta for half a year before release and have never done anything shady. This game is a labor of love for the few devs that make it not a cash grab like pathfinder.

Why you would attack such a small indie game trying something original is beyond me.
    I did, back when it came out. It was crap then and it's crap now.

Being indie does not excuse them from making a bad game.

"Honest Company..." That's a good one! http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/mortal-online-plagiarizes-eve-onlines-terms-of-service/

Now, are you going to answer the question I asked earlier, or are you going to keep wasting my time?
    Talonsin said:

Tell me how these 3 devs hurt your feelings? They allow the mean kids to loot you?
    So you are trolling me again?
    No you said the devs are corrupt so please tell me why you think that. I asked a valid question. You said they are corrupt please explain how?
    Actually, I have evidence of Dev and GM corruption, behold!

http://imgur.com/a/l7twF

http://imgur.com/Qisd9w1

Looks like you were bashing the game on steam and they have every reason to deny you service. Doesn't seem like corruption to me. You can be denied service anywhere in life for being an asshat.
    I wasn't the one that posted that on steam, IDIOT. You're just grasping for straws now.
    edited November 2015

"Honest Company..." That's a good one! http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/mortal-online-plagiarizes-eve-onlines-terms-of-service/

Now, are you going to answer the question I asked earlier, or are you going to keep wasting my time?

So because they copied another games term of service they are corrupt? Again they are like 3 dudes and sure it was unprofessional for them to use another games TOS but who cares?

Seems like your grasping at straws to take shots at a little company of 3 people.

So because they copied another games term of service they are corrupt? Again they are like 3 dudes and sure it was unprofessional for them to use another games TOS but who cares?

Seems like your grasping at straws to take shots at a little company of 3 people.
    Aside from the fact that what they did was illegal?

...no, not gonna bother anymore, you are either a Troll or a moron. I thank you for letting the world see it.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

See bold/italic above.   Familiarize yourself with the search function.  I know more about this game's history and the company behind it than pretty much anyone else outside of Henrick and Seb.

You DO know that this game "launched" over 5 years ago right?  You know all about the Epic Volcano excuse right (aka Volcano ate my patch)?  The auto subscription of people that never selected a subscription?  You know that the Magic Update being hyped was promised 4 years ago.. and then multiple times since then right? You know that they sent out discs like a year after launch and the discs didn't even WORK right?  

One subject you do NOT want to challenge me on is the history of this company.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

See bold/italic above.   Familiarize yourself with the search function.  I know more about this game's history and the company behind it than pretty much anyone else outside of Henrick and Seb.

You DO know that this game "launched" over 5 years ago right?  You know all about the Epic Volcano excuse right (aka Volcano ate my patch)?  The auto subscription of people that never selected a subscription?  You know that the Magic Update being hyped was promised 4 years ago.. and then multiple times since then right? You know that they sent out discs like a year after launch and the discs didn't even WORK right?  

One subject you do NOT want to challenge me on is the history of this company.

Oh, man, I totally forgot about the sub scandal! Thanks for reminding me of that one!
    By the way...when in doubt follow the money:

Stock since Steam launch.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    F0URTWENTY said: No need to hate on it because it's not as popular as a themepark game.

Sometimes people go to a forum of a game they don't play just to hate on it. Not pointing fingers, of course. Just sayin'...
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Frankly, I am amazed this game has not closed yet.

How it can keep going is a mystery... even having a CEO that is running this game as a hobby, with a rich daddy.
  • macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134

Do you just hate on games till they fail then get the hate train rolling to the next thing?
    macwood said:

Do you just hate on games till they fail then get the hate train rolling to the next thing?
    If their names are Greedmonger, Mortal Online or Pathfinder Online... Yes.  Otherwise no.My track record is pretty good I'd say.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    macwood said:
    If their names are Greedmonger, Mortal Online or Pathfinder Online... Yes.  Otherwise no.My track record is pretty good I'd say.

Personally, I think you have an outstanding track record.  If it were not for the CEO's dad in MO covering their 5 consecutive years of losing money this game would have died just like the other two you warned us about. 

We love you Slappy!!!!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    and now steamchart say around 300 player online per day 
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    edited January 2016

They are as eligible for critique as any other company after been running for five years. "Indie" or "original" is irrelevant, their design, attitude and actions are crap and deserve to be critiqued so other companies don't think they can get away with similar shenanigans.
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98

MO is back to 350+ players online now.   Looking more Mortal Offline than Mortal Online.

• Little-BootLittle-Boot Member UncommonPosts: 158

MO is back to 350+ players online now.   Looking more Mortal Offline than Mortal Online.

Mortal Onlife Support
  • SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20

How is the game generally now (I last played 2+ years ago) and it probably had around this many players. Is it worth coming back to kill some free time?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Talonsin said:
    Average steam players for the last 30 days is 338, Peak players is 557.  I can honestly not wait to see the word play the CEO uses in the next financial report or his next big idea to attract players.  He was touting the big steam release for 2 years.

On the positive side, they might have actually had a profitable quarter from the initial rush to try the game in its first month but I'm not holding my breath.

There is actually a steam subscription issue right now. Players are not able to sub for a second month because of an error with steam subscription service. They are instead paying for their subs through mortalonline.com. That is why steam users is down.

Most players aren't playing mortal through steam, they are using the games launcher.

There are still more than 1000 people on Mortal at any given time and the population is great.

Try harder to troll on one of the few decent games we have that isn't a WOW clone.
    W-R-O-N-G

This is accounts logged in, not subs.  It even includes folks that are playing the trial with no sub. 

Did not even break 350 in the last week.

I don't have much skin in this game, but I have a thing about  faulty logic.  That's a  snapshot for 24 hours and only proves those numbers for that period of time.  

If you're gonna use numbers in a discussion, use them correctly.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Talonsin said:
    Average steam players for the last 30 days is 338, Peak players is 557.  I can honestly not wait to see the word play the CEO uses in the next financial report or his next big idea to attract players.  He was touting the big steam release for 2 years.

On the positive side, they might have actually had a profitable quarter from the initial rush to try the game in its first month but I'm not holding my breath.

There is actually a steam subscription issue right now. Players are not able to sub for a second month because of an error with steam subscription service. They are instead paying for their subs through mortalonline.com. That is why steam users is down.

Most players aren't playing mortal through steam, they are using the games launcher.

There are still more than 1000 people on Mortal at any given time and the population is great.

Try harder to troll on one of the few decent games we have that isn't a WOW clone.
    W-R-O-N-G

This is accounts logged in, not subs.  It even includes folks that are playing the trial with no sub. 

I don't have much skin in this game, but I have a thing about  faulty logic.  That's a  snapshot for 24 hours and only proves those numbers for that period of time.  

But the line shows similar values for the previous days.

The better question though is: Why are we arguing about statistics from 2015?
    mgilbrtsn
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Talonsin said:

W-R-O-N-G

But the line shows similar values for the previous days.

The better question though is: Why are we arguing about statistics from 2015?
    You're correct on both counts.  My mistake.  I was looking at the 24 peak.  I was assuming that was what was being referred to since the 3 month graph shows above 1k.  I didn't even catch that this was from 2015.  Definitely shady numbers use!

mgilbrtsn said:
    Talonsin said:

W-R-O-N-G

I have a thing about people jumping into 2 year old threads and making incorrect statements. Faulty logic would be not looking at the whole chart and making incorrect statements about said chart (which is a few years old by the way).   What I said was "Did not even beat 350 in the last week".  Which was 100% correct.

mgilbrtsn said:
    Talonsin said:

W-R-O-N-G

I have a thing about people jumping into 2 year old threads and making incorrect statements. Faulty logic would be not looking at the whole chart and making incorrect statements about said chart (which is a few years old by the way).   What I said was "Did not even beat 350 in the last week".  Which was 100% correct.
    As I said, my mistake at looking only at the other number.  However, the 350 is still only a snapshot and doesn't reflect a games overall health.  Still faulty.

mgilbrtsn said:
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Talonsin said:

W-R-O-N-G

As I said, my mistake at looking only at the other number.  However, the 350 is still only a snapshot and doesn't reflect a games overall health.  Still faulty.
    Please actually read threads before responding.  You are reading a response to another player who claimed that there was always at least 1000 players online at any given time.