Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Download / Install ridiculously slow

XclenXclen Member UncommonPosts: 7
They need to fix the download / patch operations, this is taking a ludicrous amount of time.

Comments

• bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Xclen said:
    They need to fix the download / patch operations, this is taking a ludicrous amount of time.
    Did you try to download from the mirror hosting?
  • ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    They should be getting a new launcher soon to help address this issue.
  • HalfgrimmHalfgrimm Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I don't understand the hype for this game when it doesn't even download properly. If you are lucky enough to get into the actual game you get cut off and the server, which was all green and shiny when you started, becomes red and tells you it's down for repairs. I've tried the fix and that doesn't do squat. 
    The one time I did get in the movement was god awful and since then I ran a repair and haven't been able to get back on since. 
    Please guys. You want this game to work. We want this game to work. Fix the problems and don't leave it on us to do it for you. 
    Also... I know English isn't your first language but please fix the grammar issues. 
    Buried under rocks. Hidden under leaves. Halfgrimm the whole time.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Why not post this on their official forum?
  • HalfgrimmHalfgrimm Member UncommonPosts: 76
    yaminsux said:
    I have but, to this day, no one has answered. I think I come off as all ragey and shit. I had such high hopes for the game and after the initially long install process I was looking forward to some low fantasy shenanigans. So now I wait for the fix and prepare to have to install it all over again.
    Buried under rocks. Hidden under leaves. Halfgrimm the whole time.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Xclen said:
    Did you try to download from the mirror hosting?

Its a valid question, but one we should not have to ask.

I would argue if your downloading from an NA IP block the game shouldn't try to use an EU server for the download. There should be no "NA mirror" site option. It should automatically detect your region and route you to the appropriate data center.  Its kind of the basics.

yaminsux said:

They read these forums religiously, the official forums have little to no activity on them.
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Yeah it is.
    edited November 2015
    I've had no issues downloading and installing the patches. I would assume you have a normal HDD? I have an SSD, so it's kinda slow, but I'd imagine with an HDD it'd be very slow.

I have had 1 friend have a lot of issues with it though. 1 out of 10. You should get crash logs and stuff if it fails. I'd send those into the troubleshooting forum.

I have decent internet as well, and it doesn't matter what mirror I download it from.

Also, the game's in pre-alpha, and unlike MOST development teams, the GV devs don't think of a "Pre-alpha" as a "Games nearly done guys" title. To them it means that the game is still VERY much under development, so don't get so discouraged, still a few years before the game releases probably, lots of time to fix any issues it has. Also a very small team and are asking for people to help translate.

Also, it's a 10 dollar investment to get into the alpha.

You will need a relatively good computer to run this game.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    I've had no issues as far as speed goes for patches or download. Make sure any game you run as admin for patching because sometimes that can create issues... While the game is slightly slower to patch than other games you do need to keep in mind that this is a SMALL dev team that isn't flat out rolling in cash so they are going to go with what they are able to afford in that realm. Do not expect there to be something as fast as blizzard or a huge company can grab be realistic and realize that this is going to be a generally slow process. Finish the download and don't wait a long long time between patching... 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Halfgrimm said:
    I don't understand the hype for this game when it doesn't even download properly. If you are lucky enough to get into the actual game you get cut off and the server, which was all green and shiny when you started, becomes red and tells you it's down for repairs. I've tried the fix and that doesn't do squat. 
    The one time I did get in the movement was god awful and since then I ran a repair and haven't been able to get back on since. 
    Please guys. You want this game to work. We want this game to work. Fix the problems and don't leave it on us to do it for you. 
    Also... I know English isn't your first language but please fix the grammar issues. 

didn't know anyone was hyping the download of this game.......
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Looking like darkfall 2.0.  Heck, literally looks identical just in a different setting.  Games like this are fun, assuming they are stable and aren't plagued with hacks, which is something that tends to happen with the unity engine.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Halfgrimm said:
    Because it isn't a game yet.  Sounds like you are addicted to it.  Which could be good but realize this isn't a game yet its just a test,  only a test.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I'm on their forums on occasion, got a link to your post over there? There is a patch coming, perhaps they are already aware of the problem.
    edited November 2015
    Halfgrimm said:
    Just saying,  the game is in pre alpha and a small team making it, English is not their first language as you yourself pointed out, and they have a small budget. They clearly state the game is not in a finished state. So just consider the factors of their development process before you start shooting off, as you are going to offend more people then you will inspire. Also your negative reviews,  which mainly stem from your own issues(misunderstanding/internet/poor pc), could hinder some players who would have no issues. The place for your criticism is their official foruns, which they are quite active on(whenever there is a new post to follow).

Also as someone stated, this phase is still very much a testing phase, and as I'm sure your feedback is cherished, it is ill prepared and lacking lots of useful information to help you diagnosis the issue.

In the words of flight of the concord "Be more constructive with your feedback."

-Revir
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Downloading was not slow for me, it was the processing (Installing the files) which seemed to take a super long time (Over 4+ hours) to complete.
  • wifeaggro28wifeaggro28 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Halfgrimm said:
    I've never had it not download correctly, and I've been part of the alpha for over a year. The grammar can be fixed towards the end of development; it's really arbitrary to focus on it at this point.

Detail your bugs in the official forums so they can be resolved instead of bitching about them here.
    Halfgrimm said:
    I've never had it not download correctly, and I've been part of the alpha for over a year. The grammar can be fixed towards the end of development; it's really arbitrary to focus on it at this point.

Detail your bugs in the official forums so they can be resolved instead of bitching about them here.
    If you're having issues, you should send them your logs from your folder, to see what the issue is and if they can fix it.
  • shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Downloading very slow for me about 150kB/s on fibre connection. Just gotta be patient.
    New launcher is out. Should be much quicker for everyone now.
  • milwalmilwal Member UncommonPosts: 65
    i would have been playin a month ago if it wasnt for this crazy slow DLing speed
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892
    milwal said:
    i would have been playin a month ago if it wasnt for this crazy slow DLing speed
    Couldn't you just set the download in the morning when you get up and then have it ready when you get home? Or do that for two days and it should be done.

Unless it doesn't let you download in separate sessions?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MariusPTMariusPT Member UncommonPosts: 8
    have a new laucher now that's muto faster. Try it now:)
    MariusPT said:
    have a new laucher now that's muto faster. Try it now:)

Your right with the new launch it is honestly 20 times faster than before, used go download at about 120k now its a steady 2.4MB per second.
    I'm a tester for them, and I have to download the entire game weekly basically, I can download and install the gsme in under 20.minutes now.