Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming F2P Open World PVP Sandbox MMORPG - Linkrealms

stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
edited December 2015 in Linkrealms
Looks interesting, Bit like UO, Might be good.

Here is a gameplay video to show what its like, Read the text on the video as it plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9trJaD6CwI

Here is the website for it

http://www.linkrealms.com/

Steam Page

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478280607

The beta starts on the 29th of August

You can get a beta key from here

http://forums.linkrealms.com/topic/25/support-linkrealms-and-get-a-beta-key
Post edited by stio89 on

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    edited September 2015
    I advise avoiding this game. It's a botter's paradise. Every single person is botting skills/stats, literally hundreds standing in place for days getting capped everything. Dungeons are FULL of autolooters and soul gatherers all standing in place auto attacking. You quite literally can't go 80m without bumping into another botter.

I hate to say it, but this game is dead before it even reaches the public.

PS: And the devs are perfectly ok with this btw.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    This game has been 'upcoming' for years.  They also appear to be offering cb keys in return for advertising(hence the new threads).  Neither of these fills me with confidence.  Maybe I'll check it out if it does ever get released.
  • KajamazKajamaz Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Checkout EverEmber Online. Its a very similar game but its ACTUALLY getting close to being released, it has many of the same features. 

Looking for an Oldschool, Sandbox, MMORPG with no class restrictions or level grind? Try http://www.everember.com/

• SupermusenSupermusen Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Anyone that can give me a beta key for Linkrealms please :)
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    F2P Openworld PVP Sandbox MMO.  Sounds much like AA and P2W.  Sorry we have enough of these games on the market.  If its F2P its more like Wallet vs Wallet. 
  • Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    edited September 2015
    I'm actually playing this game a LOT. I actually feel like I'm having an adventure in an MMORPG again it's that good. It's one of those.
    Kazuhiro said:
    I advise avoiding this game. It's a botter's paradise. Every single person is botting skills/stats, literally hundreds standing in place for days getting capped everything. Dungeons are FULL of autolooters and soul gatherers all standing in place auto attacking. You quite literally can't go 80m without bumping into another botter.

EDIT: Also, if you type /who it shows how many are online. It would be impossible for their to be "literally hundreds" "botting". Because their isn't even "literally hundreds" online unfortunately. I hope this changes though. It's currently quite a tight-knit community, everyone knows eachother or at least of eachother. You know whose cool and whose a dick, its a really good laugh on here to be honest. There's some nice people, even the "asshole" PKers will help you out and give you some tips if you ask.

I think this is the same newbreed gamer who posted a crythread in the official LinkRealms forum. The fact he is making up lies (about auto-looting, I haven't seen a single AFK trainer looting) leads me to believe he develops a similar game, and is trying to give Linkrealms bad publicity.

Basically in Linkrealms, your character auto-retaliates when attacked. So you can find a spot and train skills whilst AFK. Thing is though, this isn't without risk... The game is open PK and full loot, not to mention you can pull mobs through entrances to different zones and use those to kill people. Also like Ultima Online, you can use macros as long as you're not looting or moving I believe. This newbreed poster is extremely confused between what is a macro, and what is a bot (he thinks pressing key X every 10 seconds is a bot). Not to mention it's quite easy to get skills to 80, 100 is max and quite hard to get with only a minimal benefit.

There are no bots in Linkrealms. Also, what I can do in 8-10 hours macroing whilst I sleep, I can do in 1-1.5 hours actually playing the game. It's just something nice to wake up to, not a big deal. For anyone who has that itch for an adventure in an MMO again, who likes isometric style, open full-loot PK, and highly customisable land ownership I SERIOUSLY urge you to give this game a try. Please don't let this confused boy (who needs to get his facts straight) put you off, because you would seriously be missing out on an absolute little gem of a game. It has so much character.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

danwest58 said:
    F2P Openworld PVP Sandbox MMO.  Sounds much like AA and P2W.  Sorry we have enough of these games on the market.  If its F2P its more like Wallet vs Wallet. 
    Actually... You're opening your mouth and jumping to conclusions without even giving it a try here...

Their is nothing on the cash shop that affects combat, either directly or indirectly at all. All the stuff in the cash shop is vanity (mostly related to Realms), you can even purchase a realm claim with in-game cash from the banker NPC. Nothing affects combat except for the "starter set" which you will drop when you die, and replace in your second hour playing the game.

The way they do it (make their money), is that doors I'm pretty sure are cash shop only. So if you want a door for your house, you're going to have to open your wallet. It's not expensive though.

But yeah I can assure you, nothing on their affects combat, at all.

_________

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

edited September 2015
    Adam1902 said:
    I'm actually playing this game a LOT. I actually feel like I'm having an adventure in an MMORPG again it's that good. It's one of those.
    Kazuhiro said:

EDIT: Also, if you type /who it shows how many are online. It would be impossible for their to be "literally hundreds" "botting". Because their isn't even "literally hundreds" online unfortunately. I hope this changes though. It's currently quite a tight-knit community, everyone knows eachother or at least of eachother. You know whose cool and whose a dick, its a really good laugh on here to be honest. There's some nice people, even the "asshole" PKers will help you out and give you some tips if you ask.

I think this is the same newbreed gamer who posted a crythread in the official LinkRealms forum. The fact he is making up lies (about auto-looting, I haven't seen a single AFK trainer looting) leads me to believe he develops a similar game, and is trying to give Linkrealms bad publicity.

Basically in Linkrealms, your character auto-retaliates when attacked. So you can find a spot and train skills whilst AFK. Thing is though, this isn't without risk... The game is open PK and full loot, not to mention you can pull mobs through entrances to different zones and use those to kill people. Also like Ultima Online, you can use macros as long as you're not looting or moving I believe. This newbreed poster is extremely confused between what is a macro, and what is a bot (he thinks pressing key X every 10 seconds is a bot). Not to mention it's quite easy to get skills to 80, 100 is max and quite hard to get with only a minimal benefit.

There are no bots in Linkrealms. Also, what I can do in 8-10 hours macroing whilst I sleep, I can do in 1-1.5 hours actually playing the game. It's just something nice to wake up to, not a big deal. For anyone who has that itch for an adventure in an MMO again, who likes isometric style, open full-loot PK, and highly customisable land ownership I SERIOUSLY urge you to give this game a try. Please don't let this confused boy (who needs to get his facts straight) put you off, because you would seriously be missing out on an absolute little gem of a game. It has so much character.

The game does have hundreds botting, just not all online at once. And from your general demeaner and use the term "newbreed gamer" means your clearly an idiot, and unwilling to actually think about what your spouting.

Your an excellent example of why the game's community is trash. The more I hear/see from people in that community the more obvious it becomes. The irony is, the game actually is quite good, it's the people in it that ruin it.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Kazuhiro said:
    Adam1902 said:
    Kazuhiro said:

. The irony is, the game actually is quite good, it's the people in it that ruin it.
    The curse of Open World PvP and F2P.   It's inevitable every time.

Its not one or the other, but the combo, that makes it lethal, IMO.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

edited September 2015
    @Kazuhiro:
    Again, obviously you haven't played the game if you're saying the community's trash. There's very few assholes like me, I tend to kill everyone I see except 1 or 2 dudes unless they're new players.

Also, just so you have a general idea I'll actually draw you a picture. In games, a bot is a program that walks around, farms mobs, eats food when low, repairs weapons as needed, returns to farm etc etc. Simple "Press Q, wait 5, repeat" IS NOT A BOT!

I'll say it again, there's not a SINGLE person with a bot in this game. I know pretty much everyone in the game. If I bump into someone out farming, they'll always start running, say something, or start fighting. People just MACRO against beginner mobs STOOD IN ONE SPOT whilst they sleep to gain some skill.

The reason you're getting to me is because if I was considering trying this game and saw "100 botters everywhere" I'd be like "yeah, forget it". But if I saw "pretty much everybody macros" I wouldn't care. Dude, if you have any half decent keyboard it will have a repeat key function... You don't even need "third party software".

@Boneserino:
    You think I play Linkrealms because its free?
    You think I haven't and won't continue to donate?
    You think I wouldn't pay for access to a game like this?

What me hating idiots have to do with how much money is in my pocket? I don't get it...

EDIT: I should of mentioned that Kajamaz and Kazuhiro are probably the same person trying to advertise EverEmber online over Linkrealms. Which by the way is a COMPLETELY different game if you're looking for the Linkrealms style... I went to the EverEmber website and the first thing that caught my eye was: "First things first, the new guilds and pvp arena" I stopped right there and closed the website. I play Linkrealms because there's NO instances, fully open world. PvP arena shit sounds like instances. No thanks.
    Post edited by Adam1902 on

_________

• NodboNNodboN Member UncommonPosts: 50
    i just want to stealth in and steal stuff from a raid party, just sounds fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478280607

edited September 2015
    Adam1902 said:
    @Kazuhiro:
    Again, obviously you haven't played the game if you're saying the community's trash. There's very few assholes like me, I tend to kill everyone I see except 1 or 2 dudes unless they're new players.

EDIT: I should of mentioned that Kajamaz and Kazuhiro are probably the same person trying to advertise EverEmber online over Linkrealms. Which by the way is a COMPLETELY different game if you're looking for the Linkrealms style... I went to the EverEmber website and the first thing that caught my eye was: "First things first, the new guilds and pvp arena" I stopped right there and closed the website. I play Linkrealms because there's NO instances, fully open world. PvP arena shit sounds like instances. No thanks.
    You may very well be one of only a few assholes in the game, and in fact be a small percentage of the playerbase, but if that is the case, them I'm just very unlucky and ran into mostly the assholes. I did in fact meet two very friendly people in the game, but I met around seven or eight assholes, another if we add you.

As for calling me a dev on another game or something, I'm not. (Not that you'll believe me, and I can't say that I care.) but I do appreciate you mentioning the game, I recalled someone else mentioning it in a similar thread, but forgot the name. I'll check it out.

PS: Looked into the Ember game, and funny enough, I agree with you, not into instanced stuff.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Upcoming "Buzzword Buzzword Buzzword Buzzword Buzzword."
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Adam1902 said:
    @Kazuhiro:

Also, just so you have a general idea I'll actually draw you a picture. In games, a bot is a program that walks around, farms mobs, eats food when low, repairs weapons as needed, returns to farm etc etc. Simple "Press Q, wait 5, repeat" IS NOT A BOT!

I'll say it again, there's not a SINGLE person with a bot in this game. I know pretty much everyone in the game. If I bump into someone out farming, they'll always start running, say something, or start fighting. People just MACRO against beginner mobs STOOD IN ONE SPOT whilst they sleep to gain some skill.

The reason you're getting to me is because if I was considering trying this game and saw "100 botters everywhere" I'd be like "yeah, forget it". But if I saw "pretty much everybody macros" I wouldn't care. Dude, if you have any half decent keyboard it will have a repeat key function... You don't even need "third party software".

@Boneserino:
    You think I play Linkrealms because its free?
    You think I haven't and won't continue to donate?
    You think I wouldn't pay for access to a game like this?

What me hating idiots have to do with how much money is in my pocket? I don't get it...

I was simply commenting to Kazuhiro about community.

And since your first paragraph sounds absolutely correct, I will stop there.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Why does every "pvp sandbox mmo" has to be F2P?
    Either they dont know pvp and f2p dont mix together, or they are aware and just like to exploit the business model.

I tend to believe the latter, but it could be a mix of both.

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    wayyy to many bots in this one. Dude might say "THEY'RE MACROS! QQ! " But the fact is people are automating gameplay to get an advantage. Skip this one, it's dead before it hit launch.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    I'm not sure if this is open for everyone, but I got this in an e-mail  a few days back "Saturday, November 7th, 9pm CET (3pm EST) free play for a week" I logged in earlier and am exploring the game.  It was a quick download.  If you're curious, then give it a whirl.  Again, not clear if this is open to everyone or just people who receive their e-mails.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• chasingfurychasingfury Member UncommonPosts: 2
    If anyone's curious about this game, I made a sort of quick overview on how it plays and kind of the state that it's in right now. :)

• Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    come to early access , its cool and all but ill tell you what the inventory management and some of the type fonts .. omg 
    need a magnifying glass 
  • LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Looks clunkier than 2d UO !!!  and its not a real MMO just a bunch of small linked up realms