Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a great time on TLE server

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
What it isn't...
It's not project 2004. Character stats are generally higher on average, many appearance choices are contemporary.

What it is...
Experiencing EQ2 closer to what it was 10 years ago. The starter isle is back, many vanilla raids are half-way difficult again with maximum level 50 and you don't see mentored 90s tearing up dungeons and powerleveling everyone.

The population voted overwhelmingly to postpone DoF expansion, so what this means for you, if you're interested, is another month of experiencing the early content with max level being 50, a max land movement speed (no flying), and group activity where all roles, even cc, matter. It's a great opportunity for nostalgia gamers, I feel. I'm having a great time and will continue to participate.

Comments

• toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, sounds awesome. Ive came back since launch many of times and some proved better than others (the big shock was playing from release to 06 then not coming back for like 5 years). Tons of changes and lots of content that just sits there so this is pretty cool.
    I just cant get over the poor single core optimization and bottle-necking that comes from only being able to utilize a single core on your processor when most people have 4,6 or 8. The only thing it can utilize is hyper-thread. So depending on your processor you could still have lag and lower framerates on an overclocked 3-5k rig...too bad they couldnt just up this and make next more like the vet gaming but with modern spins and without the optimization issues. Plus i still want my hundred dollars back for landmark lol.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited August 2015
    Problem with the TLE servers is that they will progress to the "dodgy" modern part of the game sooner rather than later, and that's where people will quit.

What I do not understand though is this, if there is really a market for Old School games, why they don't make one, rather than recycling the older version of their games (they did it with EQ as well)
    People keep asking SoE for years to make an Old School EQ3, instead they keep milking those 2 games dry, even though there is no milk left.

They should smart up, before Pantheon or SOL might get there before them, in which case it will be way too late for Daybreak.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    I played it for a bit, it's a decent effort and I had fun, but the EQ2 community is a bit... Odd. It's hard to explain, I met some great folks individually, but there is a weird disconnect going on somewhere between a 2004 game and 2015 mentality going on somewhere. I guess folks over the years have been changed as they have gone on.

After about a month though, it was the shopping list questing that finally did me in. I love a lot about the game, but not that anymore.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RedruumRedruum Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I am also loving the Stormhold experience! I love the feel of the original game where people had to communicate and group up to complete content.  Making friends and being part of a guild matters, unlike most MMO's these days where you can solo the entire game. 

My only concern is the timing of launching the expansions. Don't want them coming to fast, but don't want them to take forever.

If if anyone is looking to raid on Stormhold, we are recruiting. You can find Ucala or Wabit in game.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Adjuvant1 said:
    What it isn't...
    It's not project 2004. Character stats are generally higher on average, many appearance choices are contemporary.

What it is...
    Experiencing EQ2 closer to what it was 10 years ago. The starter isle is back, many vanilla raids are half-way difficult again with maximum level 50 and you don't see mentored 90s tearing up dungeons and powerleveling everyone.

The population voted overwhelmingly to postpone DoF expansion, so what this means for you, if you're interested, is another month of experiencing the early content with max level being 50, a max land movement speed (no flying), and group activity where all roles, even cc, matter. It's a great opportunity for nostalgia gamers, I feel. I'm having a great time and will continue to participate.

Isle of Refuge is back?  Wow, I thought they said it wouldn't come back...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    the good old days when eq2 was a great game before train wecking it makeing it like wow.

i played eq2 for years and had a great time playing it like the sound of the the new server but not played in years since it went all wow style.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am ok with about 90% of the decisions but a couple i am not.
    The mount speed is just retarded ,i will not even listen to any arguments because you can run as fast as the mounts.

The content the way they are doing it is also retarded "at times".The reason is simple,a lot of the content NEEDS that next zone to tie into it,without it the content looks dumb because they send you to Butcherblock for example ,but it doesn't exist,nice immersion breaker.

I still say food should be done better,with bonuses during combat and the stats used are 100% meaningless,might as well not even have them on the food.+2 or +3/4 Str to a level 20-30 does nothing.

Vanilla EQ2 you dropped gear when you died and crafting needed mats,this was a lazy throwback really only done to create hype and money fro ma new server launch.

I also do NOT like the voting idea,the staff SHOULD be capable of making good decisions.Example Faydark does not need a level cap raised,so why is that content not in the game?You are for example going to have everyone with 5 alts already out leveled all the zones content,so then what,bring the zone into the game and nobody will use it?

Devs just leave me shaking my head in disbelief,i swear none of them know wtf they are doing,it is all just one big cash grab to them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    EQ2 was my main squeeze for several years.  I'd love to experience the TLE servers but back then I was a cut throat competitive PVPer.  Since I've moved on my gaming habits have changed and I'm afraid with my lack of commitment it just won't be the same.  I decided it would be best left as a good memory.
  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    So basically tle gets no new content? Did they make the sub model better yet? How is free to play on the tle servers?
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    moonbound said:
    So basically tle gets no new content? Did they make the sub model better yet? How is free to play on the tle servers?
    The community voted Desert of Flames be unlocked, so that will happen next Thursday. The level cap is raised to 60, a few public dungeons, a number of instances, raid mobs and a new tier of crafting will be unlocked.

There is no f2p on TLE server. You must be a subscriber at least the first month. After that, you can earn in-game plat to buy Krono and, as long as you keep that up, never have to pay real money for a sub again.