Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to play Everquest 2, have a few questions.

Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29
Hello,

I'll get straight to the point.. I'm looking for a new MMO to join and have a few questions:
  1. Is it to late for a new player to get into this TLE server(s)?
  2. Is the TLE mostly for veteran or returning players?
  3. At what stage is the TLE PvE server? I've only been able to find a FAQ when googling.
Thanks a bunch and if there is anything else you want to add I'm all ears!

Comments

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I know the TLE servers are for members only.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    I'm haven't played since launch, came back for the TLE and having a good, albeit, slow time (which I like). There does seem to be people everywhere and server (PVE) pop is always heavy when i'm on, even on a Monday around 9am. Sub for a month and check it out, there is a bunch of guilds accepting noobs like me. If you do decide, send me a tell if you'd like. (Telgura, female lizard brusier).
  • Mr_PithMr_Pith Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Adoni said:
    I know the TLE servers are for members only.
    I don't mind subscriptions at all. Wasn't really the question. Thanks though.

I'm haven't played since launch, came back for the TLE and having a good, albeit, slow time (which I like). There does seem to be people everywhere and server (PVE) pop is always heavy when i'm on, even on a Monday around 9am. Sub for a month and check it out, there is a bunch of guilds accepting noobs like me. If you do decide, send me a tell if you'd like. (Telgura, female lizard brusier).
    Thanks David and you're right, I'll just subscribe and try it out for a month! :D
    edited August 2015
    Forgot, follow up question, I can still get the client through Steam? 
  • iatesandiatesand Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Not at all, its still within the first month we actually have our vote for DoF today if I am not mistaken. So as long as you are a member you can join up
    1. Is the TLE mostly for veteran or returning players?
    I have met vets, returning players and a amazing large number of completely new players
    1. At what stage is the TLE PvE server? I've only been able to find a FAQ when googling.
    as of this morning we were 30 days into the first expansion with the addition of splitpaw and the bloodline (2 optional adventure packs)
    so at the very start.  And I would expect that the vote today is going to be to stay at this point for another 30 days.
    iatesand said:
    Not at all, its still within the first month we actually have our vote for DoF today if I am not mistaken. So as long as you are a member you can join up
    1. Is the TLE mostly for veteran or returning players?
    I have met vets, returning players and a amazing large number of completely new players
    1. At what stage is the TLE PvE server? I've only been able to find a FAQ when googling.
    as of this morning we were 30 days into the first expansion with the addition of splitpaw and the bloodline (2 optional adventure packs)
    so at the very start.  And I would expect that the vote today is going to be to stay at this point for another 30 days.
    Thanks, brilliant! Sounds like I got lucky this time... downloading now. :awesome: 
  • lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165
    I'm pretty new to EQ2. Will the fae race be available currently on the TLE servers or is it from a later expansion that hasn't been introduced yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165
    edited August 2015
    Watching as the game slowly downloads. I'll be there someday!
    Will log in tonight for the first time but wondering if anybody knows how the "vote" turned out that @iatesand ;mentioned?
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Definitely not too late. The majority of people are no where near level 50. We got the vote for the first expansion and I will be shocked if it gets unlocked this time around. So it's very likely we won't get the first expansion until 5th October or later.

its definitely not for veterans only. I have only played eq2 till like lvl30 a few years ago so everything is brand new content to me.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Voting will be around for a few more days so no results yet. It's very unlikely that 2/3rds voted to unlock the expansion. You can also vote if you log in now.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is not too late, i think many are making alt toons however could be a steady  influx of new players.Personally i am already on a 4 day break,can't play these linear questing games too long or i get bored.The guild i am in has several people we are only 2 weeks old and already done a few events and a couple Raids.Leader is sincere in his efforts really wants the guild to work as a community.

As for the vote,i only saw a CHOICE in which expansion not a choice to halt the next expansion.Personally i don't like either the Split Paw Saga nor the other one.However i don't remember every single idea behind each,all i want for now is i would like the harvesting quest to open up,Gfaydark and Butcher block,i don't need anything else beyond that.

Well i could have one more request ,i wish  the bored players would log out rather than spam chat with constant nonsense.All i want to see in chat is game information,people helping each other and guild requests.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    lobotaru said:
    I'm pretty new to EQ2. Will the fae race be available currently on the TLE servers or is it from a later expansion that hasn't been introduced yet?
    Yes the race is available to play as a race in TLE.

Wizardry said:
    It is not too late, i think many are making alt toons however could be a steady  influx of new players.Personally i am already on a 4 day break,can't play these linear questing games too long or i get bored.The guild i am in has several people we are only 2 weeks old and already done a few events and a couple Raids.Leader is sincere in his efforts really wants the guild to work as a community.

As for the vote,i only saw a CHOICE in which expansion not a choice to halt the next expansion.Personally i don't like either the Split Paw Saga nor the other one.However i don't remember every single idea behind each,all i want for now is i would like the harvesting quest to open up,Gfaydark and Butcher block,i don't need anything else beyond that.

Well i could have one more request ,i wish  the bored players would log out rather than spam chat with constant nonsense.All i want to see in chat is game information,people helping each other and guild requests.
    So many level 50s out there who constantly complain they are bored. I too would like them to shut the hell up and log out if they are bored. 

YOu seem to be getting confused with the votes. There were two votes. The first vote asked if we want the adventure packs (mind you not expansion) - BLoodlines & Splitpaw - before the actual expansion. People voted yes and they released them. The reason most people voted yes was because those adventure packs came out before the first expansion and they are relevant to lvl 20-50 and they are pretty much like "content patches" for the classic game.

NOw the second vote is whether we want or not the first expansion DOF. The vote for that is going to be a resounding NO by the looks of it. If that's the case no expansion will be unlocked until 5th october at least. So far no expansions have been released to the server.