Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Drops Animation Video - Fans go wild.

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Looks good.   Hopeful for CU.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    That spear thrust looked weak. I mean from the point of power....spear thrusts use a lot of the lower body, as well as the upper. Think i am crazy? stand up right now and to a spear lunge with a shield in your off hand. without power from your legs and hips, its not a very potent attack. hopefully they have more than one version of that, a japping thrust and a full lunge...then its awesome.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That was an amazing video, thanks for sharing. I even have one of the same swords the devs are using (the foam one)! 

I will be very interested to see how lag impacts this kind of set up, and would love to see some actual in combat footage now that I have seen those animations. 
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    spankybus said:
    That spear thrust looked weak. I mean from the point of power....spear thrusts use a lot of the lower body, as well as the upper. Think i am crazy? stand up right now and to a spear lunge with a shield in your off hand. without power from your legs and hips, its not a very potent attack. hopefully they have more than one version of that, a japping thrust and a full lunge...then its awesome.
    Let me head over to my armory to fetch a shield and spear...

Seriously though, not every spear thrust is intended to impale the target.  Small, quick jabs require less effort and in the real world one well placed 'poke' could be just as lethal.  That said, I still agree with you.  The animations looked fluid but it's unnatural to completely disconnect the upper body animation from the lower.  Even small movements should involve the entire body.  The guy swinging the huge axe without using his legs won't last long before he hurts himself.
    Dagon13 said:
    spankybus said:

Seriously though, not every spear thrust is intended to impale the target.  Small, quick jabs require less effort and in the real world one well placed 'poke' could be just as lethal.  That said, I still agree with you.  The animations looked fluid but it's unnatural to completely disconnect the upper body animation from the lower.  Even small movements should involve the entire body.  The guy swinging the huge axe without using his legs won't last long before he hurts himself.
    I initially thought the same thing, but if you look at the animations the legs do seem to be involved in the combat animation.

I would love to see two characters fighting (with weapons) to get a better idea of what it would feel like in game.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Reminds me of this Vine from July
    anyway both are still early iterations.

For anybody interested, the overview of what we know about CU combat (out of NDA that is) can be found here http://camelot.gamepedia.com/Combat
     W...aaagh?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yeah all the different weapons he was carrying and stances he was switching to... pretty sick. Plus aiming for body parts... kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling  =)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Can you still buy and get into the alpha (closed beta?) now? 
    bcbully said:
    Yes, also have in mind that they are still giving 100% refund, no questions asked. Quite unusual for KS (or any other) game.

Beta 1 backers already have access to C.U.B.E.(building stuff) and parts (if not all?) of Alpha tests.

PS here is tier comparison chart - https://store.camelotunchained.com/tier-comparison
     W...aaagh?
    bcbully said:
    Yes, also have in mind that they are still giving 100% refund, no questions asked. Quite unusual for KS (or any other) game.

Beta 1 backers already have access to C.U.B.E.(building stuff) and parts (if not all?) of Alpha tests.

PS here is tier comparison chart - https://store.camelotunchained.com/tier-comparison
    Awesome. Beta 1 still happening in the next few weeks?
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I got chillz.

You stay sassy!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Holy crap. This looks really nice. Plus having all of the weapons visually present on the character is something I've wanted from many games.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    edited August 2015
    This with collision detection could be really interesting I think.
    bcbully said:

Darn it, need to pay $250 to play the alpha, I'll have to wait until one of the betas.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649
    Looks good.   Hopeful for CU.
    Thank you!PottedPlant22 said:
    This with collision detection could be really interesting I think.
    CD is confirmed with enemy targets.Kaneth said:
    Holy crap. This looks really nice. Plus having all of the weapons visually present on the character is something I've wanted from many games.
    Thanks! Glad you like it.
    bcbully said:
    bcbully said:

Awesome. Beta 1 still happening in the next few weeks?
    We'll make an announcement about Beta 1 sometime in September after the new people get acclimated to their implants. :)
    bcbully said:
    Yeah all the different weapons he was carrying and stances he was switching to... pretty sick. Plus aiming for body parts... kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling  =)
    I'm glad. I wanted Dark Age to have a similar system but it was shot down. I think it is worth doing and this time, my partner agreed. :)

Dagon13 said:
    spankybus said:

More to come. This isn't our final pass at the animation system. :)

YashaX said:
    bcbully said:

Darn it, need to pay $250 to play the alpha, I'll have to wait until one of the betas.
    Three things:

1) Before thinking about pledging, please read the game's Foundational Principles. Those are the game's heart and soul. Nothing is immutable but so far, nothing has changed from them. I put a lot of thought into them before I wrote it and a lot of discussions with the team as well, before, during and after.

2) Never pledge more than you can afford to spend and be willing to be disappointed about spending. All ventures come with risks, whether finished games, crowdfunded games, etc. 

3) No matter what you decide to do, thank you. People like me can't say that enough.

BTW, if you do decide to donate to us, the nice thing about a Beta 1 tier is that since we are in Extended Alpha, you will get to be in some Alpha Tests and you will also get full access to C.U.B.E. today. As we start to lay in the classes, build the new world, etc. Alpha is going to be fun BUT it is an old school Alpha and people need to understand that. Beta 1, well, that has to be a lot more fleshed out than Alpha or we won't open Beta.

As always, thank you all!

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Camelot Unchained is shaping up to be truly amazing game that I have been looking forward for years.  CUBE is awesome, race variety is great, can't thank them enough for making it PvP only.  Everything released so far is top notch imo  + Jacobs is heading it and that has to be worth something to anyone who has been around for a while.

I know it's not for everyone, but to me this is the mmorpg holy grail :)

I pledged and can't wait for this to come out.  I don;t even care how long it will be delayed, i just want it to be the best game possible.

• arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I like how the model has only a vague cartoony look to it. Seems like City State is going for a much more toned downed cartoon look that a certain other popular kickstarter pvpmmo.

Also really cool that the character carries the weapon on him.

I see collision detection mentioned in this thread. Is it cd in CU? If so that would add so much fun gameplay and roles for classes to fill. :)

Since one can hit certain body parts will animations on the enemy repond to being hit for example in the legs?

YashaX said:
    bcbully said:

Three things:

1) Before thinking about pledging, please read the game's Foundational Principles. Those are the game's heart and soul. Nothing is immutable but so far, nothing has changed from them. I put a lot of thought into them before I wrote it and a lot of discussions with the team as well, before, during and after.

2) Never pledge more than you can afford to spend and be willing to be disappointed about spending. All ventures come with risks, whether finished games, crowdfunded games, etc. 

3) No matter what you decide to do, thank you. People like me can't say that enough.

BTW, if you do decide to donate to us, the nice thing about a Beta 1 tier is that since we are in Extended Alpha, you will get to be in some Alpha Tests and you will also get full access to C.U.B.E. today. As we start to lay in the classes, build the new world, etc. Alpha is going to be fun BUT it is an old school Alpha and people need to understand that. Beta 1, well, that has to be a lot more fleshed out than Alpha or we won't open Beta.

As always, thank you all!
    The Foundational Principles were a great read, a lot of good stuff in there. Also nice to hear we can potentially do some Alpha testing with the beta1 tier pledge.

The game sounds extremely deep and complex, should be fun.
    Just wondering if anyone has played this in Alpha and if they can give impressions about what the combat is actually like in practice? 
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    YashaX said:
    Just wondering if anyone has played this in Alpha and if they can give impressions about what the combat is actually like in practice? 
    As it's under NDA I cant go into specifics, but CSE is going with a "counter-revolutionary" approach. Combat is going to be (mostly) tab-target, and fairly slow-paced(maybe not FFXIV slow, but you get the idea). With a few new twists. 

Check out the A.I.R. system Stretch goal, or the BSC days combat vids if your interested. As they give an outline on how they would like things to work.

They are aiming for group based strategic counter-play rather than action/twitch combat. 
    YashaX said:
    As it's under NDA I cant go into specifics, but CSE is going with a "counter-revolutionary" approach. Combat is going to be (mostly) tab-target, and fairly slow-paced(maybe not FFXIV slow, but you get the idea). With a few new twists. 

Check out the A.I.R. system Stretch goal, or the BSC days combat vids if your interested. As they give an outline on how they would like things to work.

They are aiming for group based strategic counter-play rather than action/twitch combat. 
    OK thanks for that, I was hoping that it would be something like Mount and Blade looking at the combat animations, but a slower style of combat would probably have less issues with latency which is also important in a pvp focused mmo.
    BTW, I watched some of those BSC videos, very interesting stuff. It appears that combat will be quite a bit different to the usual tab targeting fare, although it is hard to get a good picture of what it will actually be like from the discussion alone with no video combat footage.

I have seen some footage of mass combat, but that seemed to be from quite some time ago and it was mostly ranged- I don't recall seeing any melee up close. 

Any idea when the NDA will be lifted? I'll keep looking on the game's website for more info- there is a hell of a lot on there so I may have missed some gameplay footage.
    YashaX said:
    BTW, I watched some of those BSC videos, very interesting stuff. It appears that combat will be quite a bit different to the usual tab targeting fare, although it is hard to get a good picture of what it will actually be like from the discussion alone with no video combat footage.

I have seen some footage of mass combat, but that seemed to be from quite some time ago and it was mostly ranged- I don't recall seeing any melee up close. 

Any idea when the NDA will be lifted? I'll keep looking on the game's website for more info- there is a hell of a lot on there so I may have missed some gameplay footage.
    The footage you saw was likely pre-Alpha, for some reason labeled as "Alpha" on CU site. I guess they didn't even have melee animations at that point, only some ranged placeholders. NDA will be lifted "at some point in Beta", and Beta starts Soon™.

What we know about combat (out of NDA) is summarized here, but have in mind that CSE, as far as I know, still gives 100% refunds without asking any questions so you can hop in and check it out yourself - here is tier comparison chart.
     W...aaagh?