Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this LFG tool.

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
From what I've seen, using the cross server LFG tool puts you in an actual Lobby?  These are the type of things that ruin MMO's, especially the community aspect.  I know they have the other one too, which I prefer and think should be used.

I know people like it for convenience, but these are the type of things that ruin MMO's and basically make them a MOBA.

Comments

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Lazzaro,

I completely agree with you.  The problem is people feel they need to do a Dungeon every time they log in or a Raid.  This also makes a game feel like more of a treadmill than before these tools were made too.  I remember in BC I was trying to get my tanking weapon off the last guy in Heroic Mech, Ran that place a few dozen times in about 2 years and never once was bored with the place.  I ran MOP dungeons for 2 weeks and was so bored I quit.  Why was that?  Well I found other tanking weapons and when I got into Kara I go the tanking weapon out of there.  So Mech while at some point I didnt need it I did the dungeon for fun.  

Now lets get back to LFD.  Before LFD we did need a better Partying system.  WOW's Browser was bad.  They went to another extreme to LFD which really killed WOW.  It did because the community is very Toxic due to people being able to treat others like trash and knowing they will never see that person again.  While it DID happen before LFD people knew these problem Children.  In my Guilds Pre WOTLK my guilds had a list of problem Children and people knew who they were and didnt group with them.  DemonDruidz comes to mind from Khadgar and who got run off the server.  

Now what could WOW have done better?  A Server only LFD would have helped more people get groups vs having to spam chat.  However it still would push random people together.  5 people can each have different goals in the dungeon and it can cause a problem.  FFXIV's Party Finder tool is a great tool and WOW could have done that.  With the party finder tool a group leader can put up a group for Professional players only with gear that out gears the content they are running.  This will keep players who are new away and these players can join a more suitable group.  This keeps the community from being toxic and helps people find groups.  

Again Spamming chat is not the best way however either is cross realm group finders. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

this explain it , u can only be there for 5 min afaik
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    DMKano said:
    So I am not sure why it sends you to a separate instance while waiting - it's like a staging area. Most games can queue you for instances from anywhere in game. 

It's probably some kind of a technical limitation with how lfg system works in BnS.
    Yea, I've never seen an MMO do this, it's usually just queue and run around doing shit until it pops.  This way it makes it even more lobby like.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited August 2015

Well this depends there are two types of dungeons in BnS. There are "mini" dungeons that you ping a totem/tower outside of the actual entrance and it quick matches you to someone else on your server who pinged it as well. Then the 2 or 3 of you run in together. There is the actual 45-1hr dungeons that require a full group 5-6 and this uses a lobby. It's not a huge deal and is very convenient. This is also not a game that you can skip open-world leveling as advancing your weapon requires downing open world bosses, mob grinding rng, generic questing/story quests, and the mini dungeons.

Not to mention all of the PvP dailies and such, which are all open-world (no instanced battlegrounds in Bns).

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    There are plenty you can just enter, in fact all of them you can. This is, as others have said, a somewhat limited "staging" tool. It lets you and your group pick a dungeon, pick a difficulty, etc and then all go in. It's a little wonky, but I think most of the time you won't need it. We'll see.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    There are plenty you can just enter, in fact all of them you can. This is, as others have said, a somewhat limited "staging" tool. It lets you and your group pick a dungeon, pick a difficulty, etc and then all go in. It's a little wonky, but I think most of the time you won't need it. We'll see.
    I know you can, but my fear is that it will be the only thing used because of its convenience.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Lazzaro said:
    I know you can, but my fear is that it will be the only thing used because of its convenience.

I am pretty sure you won't have a problem finding things to do in a group in this game in both instanced and non-instanced areas. Do I like the lobby system? no, not particularly. I like running to the actual dungeon. But it's not a huge deal for me.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile