Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ:N Continues to leak staff

craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
"We are also thrilled that Domino – known as Emily Taylor – is back on the team to dig into the housing and crafting side of our game. Those who know her will remember she has very unique talents in that area of design!

As always, there will be more news to come!

Be well, Norrath, and thanks to all of you,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
Executive Producer, EQ & EQ2"

Last time I looked she was a senior member of the EQ:N team and now she appears to have returned to the Everquest II team.. I wonder why?

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    "We are also thrilled that Domino – known as Emily Taylor – is back on the team to dig into the housing and crafting side of our game. Those who know her will remember she has very unique talents in that area of design!

Last time I looked she was a senior member of the EQ:N team and now she appears to have returned to the Everquest II team.. I wonder why?

This could be something as simple as having new staff hired on EQN, or maybe Emily requested to go back to EQ2. Or, she's pulling double-duty as well. Could be anything.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited August 2015
    Wait...what?  Isn't Domino/Pentapod the one that has her own Twitch videos?  Hell, isn't she the one that has spoken with that Landmark Explorer/The Morning Brew Show?  And she was transferred?

And no, I'm not asking because I have a slight crush on her. *cough*
    Post edited by Blaedus on
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

yeah, that doesn't "necessarily" mean anything. Companies shift people all the time, especially if there is need but also if a person requests it.

We had a manager for our customer service department leave after 5 years and the head of Scientific Support was promoted so that she could also head customer service (which in my company is an apt fit).

We had another person in our UK office who worked at one role express interested in another role on the west coast that was science based so she was transferred.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Not sure if I've ever seen here with an actual EQN title, seems she is usually tagged as a Daybreak Producer. Considering they appear to be only focusing on structural stuff at the moment, might not be much for her to do, then again I don't know what the majority of the team are doing since we don't see anything beyond concept pieces of a couple buildings every so often.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    It's rough when you have female employees sleeping with guys on the same team.  Just saying..
    edited August 2015
    Allein said:
    Not sure if I've ever seen here with an actual EQN title, seems she is usually tagged as a Daybreak Producer. Considering they appear to be only focusing on structural stuff at the moment, might not be much for her to do, then again I don't know what the majority of the team are doing since we don't see anything beyond concept pieces of a couple buildings every so often.
    The funny thing is that I'd really love to meet the person that does the drawings of those buildings, I love them.  And those pieces of art are just about the only official work that every EQN enthusiast can say gets released regularly. 

psiic said:
    It's rough when you have female employees sleeping with guys on the same team.  Just saying..
    Say what?

EDIT:  Would be very nice if it was possible to preview a comment to check for mistakes before actually posting it.  Then again, perhaps that's cause I'm using a phone?
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    psiic said:
    ????  Fairly certain that Domino lives on her own with her cats.  
    edited August 2015
    craftseeker said:
    ????  Fairly certain that Domino lives on her own with her cats.   
    While I think psiic's comment is outrageous, I don't see how your comment refutes it.  Since when does a person living alone (with cats) mean they can't be sleeping around?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If she requested it i am sure that would have been mentioned.It sounds like she was working on something else and is now on EQn.
    As for talented,unique ,you can't just toss that out there with no proof,what has she worked on in the crafting area that shows some real unique talent,  because it definitely was not in EQ or EQ2 nor even H1Z1.

What i fear most of EQn is the game will be same old,every system feeling the same as EQ games but streamlined to save cost of development.I was hoping for a more grand game,more systems DIFFERENT systems.

To put it in simple terms,i don't want another tier crafting game like in EQ2.I want unique crafts,secret crafts to be discovered,i don't want a game that every 10 levels i replace the last tier of items.Repeating tier 1>tier 10 is super boring repetitive game play,i want each progression stage to feel different.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited August 2015
    DMKano said:
    Actually knowing Emily in RL - that comment from psiic is utter BS. Internetz..... /facepalm

I very highly doubt anyone would actually believe it.

...then again...yeah, The Internet.
    Post edited by Blaedus on
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited August 2015
    Wizardry said:
    If she requested it i am sure that would have been mentioned.It sounds like she was working on something else and is now on EQn.
    As for talented,unique ,you can't just toss that out there with no proof,what has she worked on in the crafting area that shows some real unique talent,  because it definitely was not in EQ or EQ2 nor even H1Z1.

What i fear most of EQn is the game will be same old,every system feeling the same as EQ games but streamlined to save cost of development.I was hoping for a more grand game,more systems DIFFERENT systems.

To put it in simple terms,i don't want another tier crafting game like in EQ2.I want unique crafts,secret crafts to be discovered,i don't want a game that every 10 levels i replace the last tier of items.Repeating tier 1>tier 10 is super boring repetitive game play,i want each progression stage to feel different.
    They have mentioned there is no levels. Characters will be 4 tiers, not sure gear will be done the same way. Gear will be a big part of progression and shaping your class. Like if you are a fire mage, you find an item that turns 50% of your DD damage into a DoT. Then you find another item that turns 25% of all DoT damage into a HoT. So now your DD Fire Mage is very unique. How that would translate into crafting, Im not sure. All I know is gear will be very different in this game. The devs even said, they could change the entire balance of the game just by adding an item.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Whether this means anything or not, is there anyone that is not thinking "vaporware" at this point?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Blaedus said:
    DMKano said:
    Actually knowing Emily in RL - that comment from psiic is utter BS. Internetz..... /facepalm

When credibility is in doubt...namedrop.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Blaedus said:
    DMKano said:

But even if it were true why would it matter? I'm not understanding what a person's sex life has to do with the production of a video game . . .

Unless they're just boning all day at work instead of working I don't get it.
    edited August 2015
    Rusque said:
    But even if it were true why would it matter? I'm not understanding what a person's sex life has to do with the production of a video game . . .

Unless they're just boning all day at work instead of working I don't get it.
    I would explain the pitfalls of office relationships to you, but I don't wanna give weight to psiic's ridiculous comment.  The Interwebs can be very gullible sometimes.
  • KwonKwon Member UncommonPosts: 56
    edited August 2015
    This makes sense to me as the development on H1Z1 is winding down (as I predicted).  H1Z1 has stopped all new major development and is concentrating on beautification (Z2) and bug fixes prior to its retail stamp that it will receive by November.  I think you will see the team shift to Next.  Which by the way, will suffer the same fate as H1Z1.  The big list of dreamy things we were promised for Next will be cut, the game will be pushed out with what they have created already and that's it.  I think the purse holders have lost their patience for game development. 
    MisterZebub said:
    I'm just going to assume that the alien implant they require any staff that works on EQ Next to get was rejected so they sent her back over to EQ 2 rather than have to worry about a security risk. 
    This seems like the most likely reason. :p
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Blaedus said:
    MisterZebub said:
    I'm just going to assume that the alien implant they require any staff that works on EQ Next to get was rejected so they sent her back over to EQ 2 rather than have to worry about a security risk. 
    This seems like the most likely reason. :p
    sounds legit to me.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Kinda hard to have staff for a game that doesnt exist. They decided to move her to where she actually works for her payday.

This could be something as simple as having new staff hired on EQN, or maybe Emily requested to go back to EQ2. Or, she's pulling double-duty as well. Could be anything.
    Daybreak has been listing new job postings for EQN for months, also for other games. 
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    IMO this company will fall flat on it's arse they are like a headless chicken running round in the dark. Soon as these guys left SOE they will of had funding reduced even after all the money they raked in from their packs which they are still trying to shift to any idiot willing to buy them. You cannot write anything to criticize them on their website or you get banned they are hiding behind their day breaking your games wall. EQN is a pipe dream which if it does see the light it will be fluff. IMO this game will die...Loading please wait!!!

Asbo

Asbo said:
    IMO this company will fall flat on it's arse they are like a headless chicken running round in the dark. Soon as these guys left SOE they will of had funding reduced even after all the money they raked in from their packs which they are still trying to shift to any idiot willing to buy them. You cannot write anything to criticize them on their website or you get banned they are hiding behind their day breaking your games wall. EQN is a pipe dream which if it does see the light it will be fluff. IMO this game will die...Loading please wait!!!
    If your post was anything like that one, they have every right to ban you from their forums lol
  • Fractal_AnalogyFractal_Analogy Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Nanfoodle said:
    Asbo said:
    If your post was anything like that one, they have every right to ban you from their forums lol

If you have not noticed, they already banned everyone from their EQN forums.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited August 2015
    I personally know the guy who was sleeping with her. So yeah. It totally happened.

Sike. I'm doing the whole random "I know those people so I know stuff" thing. 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Video's please ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA