Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realm Lords 2 Discussion

2»

Comments

• lalafelllalafell Member CommonPosts: 6
    Still playing! Can't figure out how to craft, is it in game yet?
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    lalafell said:
    Still playing! Can't figure out how to craft, is it in game yet?

Nope.  Crafting's not in yet.

The old system used a special UI where you placed materials and a pattern.  It was sort of clunky and the patterns took up a bunch of bank space.  I added a crafting book (container) to hold patterns, but the container code was buggy and caused login problems.

Target is that all crafted items will be blue in quality and enchantable.  The blue + enchant will rival boss reward gear.

Space for crafting is the last room before the portal mage in each of the four wings.

I'm figuring I'll put crafting trainers / vendors there and have the crafting work through their dialog, the same way enchanting works now.

I'm guessing:  cloth, leather, armor (mail and plate), weapons, and maybe potions.  That means I still have to add mining nodes and herb gathering nodes.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    edited August 2015
    Swamp zone is installed.

Water in some places is deeper than I want.  I'm trying to get it so that you can walk through it.

NOTE: sorry I had to kick someone logging in.  I forgot to send the new zone to the patcher.  :o   8 30 central.

Me playing Lesser in the new zone:

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Weapon enhancement is in? The NPC just says goodbye when I talk with her.

Also, I'm farming level 40+ mobs in the stronghold and can't get anything to drop; bad luck or is it normal?
    edited August 2015
    After a crash my client is stuck on the "processing screen" when trying to log into the game. I tried changing character but the problem persists.

* UPDATE * The problem is linked to my account. I created a new test one and it works. Any idea to fix it Ken?
    Post edited by lalafell on
    Weapons enchanter isn't working.  I wrote the armor side, tested it and never got back to do weapons.  Chalk that up to Alpha.

40+ mob drops is a bug.  Good job finding it, I hadn't noticed.  Mobs only went to 35, then I stretched it to 45.  I never updated the loot code.

I think your account is fine.  From what I can see a zone crashed.  Auto crash recovery didn't work.  That's a bug too.  Good job.

I'm rebooting the server now.

Great info, thanks !!!

Open world cleanup and finishing zone decoration is in progress and going smoothly.  One more week in August, and still quite a bit of work to be done.  I probably won't make Sept 1st beta as I hoped for, but I think I can pull off a full release on October 1st even if I start beta a week late.

There have been several players in for Alpha.  I'm not getting reports of major problems other than a compatibility bug, which was fixed the first day.  There has been 1 server crash of unknown origin, when a zone went kablooey but didn't auto-restart (Windows 7 error reporting blocked the restart from happening, that has to be fixed).  The server is way low on memory, but that's going to be resolved.

Client seems stable.  Performance has been fair to good.  Land02 zone (swamps) is running too slowly.  I'm not sure if it's all the water effects or something in the art that's rendering slowly.  I kind of suspect the trees.

Hardware requirements are super-low.  This thing would run on a toaster if it has working DX9c video.

My human male Spellsword getting buffed by Hero Bethi, standing under one of the ancient sci-fi artifacts that dot the landscape.

Gotta love the Freddie Mercury mustache.  :-)

edited August 2015
    Pardon the bump.  If anyone is trying to connect, the server is offline.  I'm working on my network and it's taking much longer than expected.

EDIT:

What a wreck.  GF and I had a project to rearrange the house.  I'm still not setup and running.  I'll get it fixed up.

I'm moving beta start to Sept 7th.  I'm not going to make Sept 1st.
    Post edited by KenFisher on

Pardon the bump.

All hell broke loose trying to get my connection upgraded so I can host here (very small town, we don't even have a stop light).  This is a necessity because of the number of computers needed to host 1 realm and the fact that they are here.  Unfortunately the connection pricing even after negotiation simply wasn't worth the crappy bandwidth they provide.

So, Release plans are, for the moment, suspended.

Thanks for the interest in my project.  I'm sad it's not going to happen.  I really wanted to get this 100% running so I could show off to the devs that used to hang with me at MMOWORKSHOP.

Since I can't show it off.  Allow me to say:  JC, X, Leathel, DD, Randel, Josh E. and the others:  Thank-you.  I had a blast working with the engine !!!

Special thanks to Lok, SunAndShadow, and all the others here for trying to help me understand this crazy business.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Try Rackspace. They can provide a number of machines you need and remote access.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.