Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Forum and Post Allerts

ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
well, atm phasers are set to spam as it seems.

as soon someone posts a new answer in any of the threads i took part in, i will get a new mail. for every user adding a post.

wouldn't it be better to have it mail once you get a new reply, and then wait with the next mail till you actually checked that thread?

user 1 starts thread,
user 2 answers - user 1 gets mailed,
user 3 answers - user 1 doesn't get a new mail, since he didnt check the thread yet, but user 2 gets one since it's his first "reply"...

and so on?

because right now, you get like 10 mails in 10 mins if 10 users answer... and that is alot.

hope that didn't sound too screwed :open_mouth: 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited August 2015
    yeah i agree ,u can turn it off meanwhile , i did because i was getting mails back to back. ugh
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    During our data import into the new forums the old thread subscriptions were maintained.  In hindsight this was most likely not the best thing since users are getting spammed.  But they are easily turned off.

I will talk to Vanilla about the notifications logic.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited August 2015
    The forum is spamming the hell over me and the notification settings don't work me for days.
    Keep getting

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while.

here.

Had to manually unbookmark 86 bookmarks i've never saved in first place to get the flood of mails in check.