Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look at these people in their garb

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
edited August 2015 in Everquest II
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/current-gear-clothing.536830/page-18

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/i-want-to-use-shields-in-appearance-slots.3938/page-3#post-5912476

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/i-want-to-use-shields-in-appearance-slots.3938/page-2#post-5912242

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/current-gear-clothing.536830/page-17

Had to add my Inquisitor plate doing her arm waving exercises. Those steps lead up to my two room in which I'm spending far too much time than I'd care to admit.

I know that a lot of those items were from the cash shop especially the mounts but wandering around on EQ 2 of late since I started on the TLE server after many years of not playing I am very much astonished at the variety of gear one can pick up in the game itself not the cash shop I mean. Also after I turned ambient light off and just had my personal torch as someone suggested I have noticed that the game looks very good for an eleven year old game. The character classes and races are unique and have different body structures and sizes .

Yes the engine deserved much of the scorn heaped on it on launch but after playing I am still astonished I am playing an 11 year old game because it feels fresh and fun. I agree it is not like how it was at launch but the server is positively teaming with people and everywhere you go there are people playing and it is not like the mega server thing (although I think their idea to merge the older servers on one server might be exactly that) but for now on TLE you hear and see the people actually playing on the server. There are conversations, fights over shinies and harvesting and people are fiercely competing for resources and undercutting on the broker is alive and well. I love the whole atmosphere it is very invigorating and exciting. People help and answer question without the built-in 'snark'.

I have died on my inquisitor so many times I have lost count. I always think I can do it and then wham ! Dead yet again ! I have not had that feeling of challenge for so long I have forgotten what it feels like. I like the fact that you have to hoof it everywhere on Thundering Steppes there is no easy travel. My home is in New Halas so it takes me a bit when I get some new Lore and Legend weapon which I simply must immediately  put up on my wall of weapons so then I have to make the track back again when I do.

I spent 4 hours looking for the siren's part all of it underwater and my god can I say how great it is that a game has content underwater where you swim about and find an unexpected little underwater city in this respect both GW 2 and WoW trump FFXIV for underwater content. I think leaving out a large portion of the world like the water out of your world a bad idea. You feel so much more engaged with the weird underwater sounds and you lazily swimming before some sexy voice says "well what have we here" and then dies to a "that's what she gets for calling you fat" .Of course I could not understand what she was saying in her sexy female voice until I did the quest to learn the language. That is the other thing there are these nuances that so many games do not even bother with or create content that never addresses it. Or why gates are locked at night and you cannot go through until you do the Captain a favour and here I am after choosing to rez on the wrong side of gate wondering why all the mobs are red ,red and scowling ready to attack.

I also love how the mercenary guards in the city will attack you I think I have not been brave enough to try. It harkens to the days of wrongly typing 'Hail" without the enter key first and the letter 'a' which is the key for attack gets you killed immediately. I love the way the characters all have proper voice over not some cheaply done voice overs some games are plagued with. It is another element that lends itself to making yourself feel like you're indeed in another world now. "You're in our world now" I think Verant used to say.

What can I say about such an old game except that I am still so amazed at how much this game has drawn me in and continues despite taking two days for one level at times I am still at it. Plugging away reading every quest and even restarting the quest just to listen to the quest giver again because the voice over was so well done. Why oh why do they simply  not make games like this any more .....
Chamber of Chains
Post edited by cheyane on

Comments

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am playing on the tle servers too and I am loving it. I recently started joining groups to farm xp and it is much much faster and more fun, especially cause inquisitor is kinda shit for soloing without AAs.

also for me all this content is brand spanking new, I have only played eq2 up till lvl35 and most of my levelling was in the fae zones and those are not even in the game yet. There is so much content and 95% of it is completely new to me so it's not a nostalgia thing for me, it's just damn fun.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186
    I am loving the tle servers!!  I to have died sooooo may times! Really just great fun.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165
    I'm a potential new player. What makes the TLE server different from the other servers? If I pay subscription, can I go there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다