Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best WoD tanking class

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
I heard Blood DK is the best all around tank in WoD and that Paladins have been nerfed. Is this true? If I play WoW again, I'd like to know what's up with tanking these days.

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    I suggest you try asking on mmochampion, it is the best place for WoW players to communicate.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Thanks, Jester.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    There are no bad tanking classes in Wow, only bad players. Just play whatever you want to play and enjoy.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Arthasm said:
    There are no bad tanking classes in Wow, only bad players. Just play whatever you want to play and enjoy.

Its all about preference and playstyle

For me nothing beats my warrior for tanking, never did all the time i played it ever since the EU release whenever i return to the game.. But all tanks are reasonably ballanced. However some have advantages with content A while others are a little better at content type B

Healers is a different story, they are all equally fun... and all just as viable..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    People are always claiming DKs are OP because their self healing is tuned for raiding so they can solo things almost no other class can.  If your goal is to try and solo group content, then yes Blood DKs are ridiculously OP, otherwise not really.

Tanks over the last two expansions have seen the greatest balance of anything in any period of WoW ever.  It's been pretty much play whatever you enjoy for quite a few years so I would be shocked if they suddenly ruined that.

For discussing tank balance the tanking section of the official WoW forums is probably your best bet as that's like 80% of what they talk about.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I prefer tanking with my Warrior.  Unlike other classes you are a "true" tank.  You have minimal healing, but you just take the hits like they're nothing.  I'd say it depends on your group.  If you have good healers then all tanks are pretty good.  If you have worse healers then Monk and DK start to go up since they can easily keep themselves up.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I've been enjoying my warrior. I've always liked the sword and board. Pally can be fun, too. I've never really played a DK. I might give it a try some time.

• masterfatemasterfate Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I dont mean to be rude but none of you seem to be raiding hc or myth content. If you want to play a druid, dk, or monk then they are fairly close. Pally on the other hand is on the lowest end of EH. Warriors are in the same place but become decent after you get your Archimonde trinket. If you want wow advice in the future, your best bet is to actually hit up a wow fansite like noxxic or mmochamp to help lower your chances of getting misinformation.
  • indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I dont mean to be rude but none of you seem to be raiding hc or myth content. If you want to play a druid, dk, or monk then they are fairly close. Pally on the other hand is on the lowest end of EH. Warriors are in the same place but become decent after you get your Archimonde trinket. If you want wow advice in the future, your best bet is to actually hit up a wow fansite like noxxic or mmochamp to help lower your chances of getting misinformation.
    I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to be raiding HC or mythic content either because you wouldn't have mentioned Noxxic as a source for reliable information.