Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(TLE) 1-50 Dungeon Timeline

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
edited August 2015 in Everquest II
Thanks to Kindread on the official forums, I've gone ahead and copied his post for those wanting to level via groups in dungeons on the new TLE servers:

• Wailing Caves at level 12 to 15
  • Blackburrow at level 15 to 18
  • Stormhold at level 18 to 25
  • Fallen Gate at level 25 to 28
    • At this point it gets a lot faster to level if you are slightly above the content, mass killing of blues/whites is better than slower killing of yellows/reds due to kill speed
  • Ruins of Varsoon at level 28 to 35
  • Nektropos Castle at level 35 to 37
    • Your mileage may vary here, I had vitality and got almost 3 levels from one run through.
  • Runnyeye at level 37 to 42
    • Most people leave RE by 40 at the latest, this is a mistake, you can clear greens/blues VERY quickly.
  • Deathfist Citadel at level 42 to 44
    • Again, I had vitality here so you may not get a full 2 levels from a single run through.
  • Temple of Cazic-Thule at level 44 to 48
    • Make sure you have your group kill Agony just outside the dungeon first and try to get the quest done before you leave.
    • Look up loot tables for this zone, try and get what you need before you leave, there are several amazing drops from named mobs that are some of the best items you can get in vanilla.
  • Permafrost at level 48 to 50
    • Again, make sure you know what loot you are looking for and steer your group towards the named spawns, keep track up!
  • Solusek's Eye at level ... 50
    • Same thing again .. make sure you get the drops you need here, it make take some time but you are going to want to farm these three last dungeons for a couple days
Post edited by elocke on

Comments

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Thank you sir. Any ideas on a guild? Just started an SK (which I realize is over populated atm), but would like a guild to level with as I didn't play EQ2 much prior to TLE.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    edited August 2015
    Sure, you can join ours, Crusaders of Chaos, we have lots of helpful folks of all levels.  I was made an officer last week and can invite you.  Name is Elocke in game, or send a tell to Famousamos or Trouth or Dooya and they can invite you as well.  We do HQs as a guild and we plan to tackle all nameds and raids, dungeons etc. together as a guild, but no pressure on leveling or time available, none of that drama.  We share mats, Lore and Legend items, collections, skill books, etc in our "guild" houses.  We do use the guild voice channel a lot, but it's in game and great and far better than most 3rd party voice programs I've ever used.  But, you get the idea.

Just hit 50 on my Swashbuckler so a lot of what I do with that character will be HQs, and running stuff with lower levels to help get them up to us as well as playing some alts that are low level as well.
    Sounds awesome. I won't be on until tomorrow afternoon (overnight work sucks), but I'll be in contact.
    Haha, don't feel bad, I work overnights too.  Been at work all night when I posted this thread, ;D.  Get off in about half and hour, then bed, then hopefully up by 3pm easternish for a little EQ2 playtime.  Back to work tonight.  
    Let me know your character's name, in case I'm on an alt.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Wow that's very helpful. I haven't played eq2 much before and always wondered where I should go.

Levelling in dungeons is much more fun especially if you're a healer or tank.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

fivoroth said:
    Wow that's very helpful. I haven't played eq2 much before and always wondered where I should go.

Exactly.  I rolled a Defiler recently, a healing class and found solo questing to be painful, combat is slow and tedious but following the above Dungeon route will help my healer get leveling faster and give me a good feel for group heal mechanics.  Dungeons in this game are great in that they have loot, mob xp, disco xp and tons of quests in each one, and they all span a good array of levels.
    elocke said:
    fivoroth said:

Exactly.  I rolled a Defiler recently, a healing class and found solo questing to be painful, combat is slow and tedious but following the above Dungeon route will help my healer get leveling faster and give me a good feel for group heal mechanics.  Dungeons in this game are great in that they have loot, mob xp, disco xp and tons of quests in each one, and they all span a good array of levels.
    Defiler is probably the slowest class to level but from what I've seen heir gameplay is super fun. But their dps is very low even for a healer :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Name is Azreal. Saw Famous on today but always feel wierd about the "Hey, you don't know me but invite" lol. 

As for the leveling thing, I seem to have hit a place where the quests outleveled me. So I am gonna need to hit dungeons soon.Trying to head to the other starter zone to see if I can play some catch up.
    Name is Azreal. Saw Famous on today but always feel wierd about the "Hey, you don't know me but invite" lol. 

As for the leveling thing, I seem to have hit a place where the quests outleveled me. So I am gonna need to hit dungeons soon.Trying to head to the other starter zone to see if I can play some catch up.
    All you have to do is say Elocke sent you, trust me, they've already done it a few times hehe.  Where are you leveling at?  Or rather, what class and current level? I can help point you in the right direction, there are far too many quests in this game to ever have them out level you.  Many do tend to be hidden.  For example, did you know you can pick up quests from books in the Library in either Qeynos or Freeport, I think some other npc's sell them too.  Each book has you go to an area and either kill tons of mobs to get pages for it or do a Catalogue quest using your Catalogue skill.  I'm literally saving those for when AAs enter the game, myself.
    At level 11 as an SK . Was in Neriak, but headed to the Commonlands to pop out those quests. Started a lot of catalog quests but it seems like the drop rate for parts is a lot lower than I remember. This could be a TLE thing. Didn't know about the book thing. Tried grinding a bit. Seemed to go faster if Imass pulled blues and whites instead of going yellow and orange. It all seemed slowas hell tho lol. We have been spoiled by WoW clones. I enjoy the slower pace, though. It'not EQ1 slow, but not WoW warp speed, either.
    Hmm, I suggest finishing up the Darklight Woods questline, as you get a mount at the end and it can take you up to 20, but plenty to do in Commonlands as well, you can almost run WC(Wailing Caverns) at 13ish. 
    Yeah. Problem seems to be that I am 11 and all of my quests are 14+. Not impossible, but annoyingly hard. Was gonna hit Commons till 14 and head back.
    edited August 2015
    Yeah. Problem seems to be that I am 11 and all of my quests are 14+. Not impossible, but annoyingly hard. Was gonna hit Commons till 14 and head back.
    One thing I noticed is that you can't really just do quests, you have to grind mobs or run some of the dungeons otherwise you will constantly be underleveled for the quests. 

I am lvl20 and at this point quests are not even worth it imo. 1 mob kill of an equal level gives about 0.5% of a level. A quest gives you about 1% but usually there is a lot of running around to do quests so I think just sticking to dungeons is the best idea.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Nice thread.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    elocke said:
    Sure, you can join ours, Crusaders of Chaos, we have lots of helpful folks of all levels.  I was made an officer last week and can invite you.  Name is Elocke in game, or send a tell to Famousamos or Trouth or Dooya and they can invite you as well.  We do HQs as a guild and we plan to tackle all nameds and raids, dungeons etc. together as a guild, but no pressure on leveling or time available, none of that drama.  We share mats, Lore and Legend items, collections, skill books, etc in our "guild" houses.  We do use the guild voice channel a lot, but it's in game and great and far better than most 3rd party voice programs I've ever used.  But, you get the idea.

Just hit 50 on my Swashbuckler so a lot of what I do with that character will be HQs, and running stuff with lower levels to help get them up to us as well as playing some alts that are low level as well.

I would like to join. Playing a level 16 Ranger.
  • xybervirusxybervirus Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Anyone new on the PvP TLE server? Can't find anyone to group with for the life of me..
    Recore said:
    elocke said:

I would like to join. Playing a level 16 Ranger.
    Of course! What is your character name?  Can also just shoot a tell to me or those I mentioned above, tell em I sent ya ;D  Always glad to have more.
    Anyone new on the PvP TLE server? Can't find anyone to group with for the life of me..
    I feel for ya.  PVP in EQ2 is very niche.  I tried it myself but it's not my cup of tea.  Far too much twinking aspect going on and less about skill for my tastes.
    Thanks for the.invite today.  Tomorrow is tje start of my weekend so it's fast level time. Got 2.5 levels today. Seems like the way to stay ahead of quests is to straddle two zones.
    Hey no problem. Glad to have you.  Remember to aim for certain level goals, like Heritage Quests(HQs) and the Armor quest linethat starts at 20 as well. 
    First HQ is the lightstone isn't it? I always forget those.

Ganksinatra said:
    First HQ is the lightstone isn't it? I always forget those.
    Yep.  Starts from the named level 18 mob, Lightbringer Wisp.