Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO selling WW and vamp bite in CS?

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
This was linked in the ESO official forums. If it's true, then we can expect to be able to purchase WW and vamp bites in the CS along with holiday costumes.
http://elderscrolls.net/2015/08/14/14326-tes-online-budushhee-magazina-tovarov-za-krony-patch-2-1-1/?from=eso-forum

It will be more convenient, but I have mixed feelings about this. Also, wonder how much the price will be and how it will affect game design (e.g., WW and vamp skills and abilities).

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2015
    If they are greedy enough to sell WW/Vamp bites in the cash shop they should add Vamps/WW as default in the character creator too for new characters. Clearly they treat WW/Vamp as a cosmetic feature in ESO while in SKyrim it was glorious to finish your WW/V or even the Namira's Cannibals questline and take the oath.

Pathetic, IMO.

Well, its an mmo afterwall.... Lore was out the window when they announced the game.

• Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Personally, I'm not seeing an issue.

I never could get into the single player ES games, and I tried multiple times. I say that as I realize those that loved them may have a very different view than I do (or not, as I can't really say having not really played them very much). In ESO though, I agree w/ rojo that they seem to be more cosmetic than anything.

I know from discussions over the past year that selling bites, at least initially, was a big deal and there was a market for it (and I'm guessing there still is to some degree on the console side due to the newness and influx of new players?). On the pc side though, it's extremely easy to get the bites for free from people just looking to give them away.

I do see those individuals in game that still try to sell them for $ to those people that don't know any better, so I can't really knock Zenimax for trying to sell bites for real $ in the CS to any suckers willing to spend the $. The bites, to me at least, don't seem like a 'leg up' over anyone, just an alternate, mainly cosmetic playstyle choice for how some peeps choose to spec
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    If they are greedy enough to sell WW/Vamp bites in the cash shop they should add Vamps/WW as default in the character creator too for new characters. Clearly they treat WW/Vamp as a cosmetic feature in ESO while in SKyrim it was glorious to finish your WW/V or even the Namira's Cannibals questline and take the oath.

Pathetic, IMO.

Well, its an mmo afterwall.... Lore was out the window when they announced the game.
    If the TES series most specifically Skyrim treated Vampirism or Lycanthropy as a rare curse with some underground mysticism around it, I'd understand the ire. In reality it's more of a gimmick than much else, up until now ESO has given it more of rarity than TES ever did. Yet it's still a specific known path to get it. In TES proper every other corner hides someone ready to give you Porphyric Hemophilia.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's hard to find a decent MMO with a vampire character and this was one of the reasons I play this game.  Becoming a supernatural was part of the adventure.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Still don't see any race change or even recustomization. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm not sure why they're doing it but I know that players "selling" WW and Vamp bites in the game and just taking off with the gold without biting the buyer has been an ongoing scam for a long time. The posts from people complaining about it died off for a bit but with the console release it came back with a vengeance.

I've never sold one or bought one - have always done it for free within my guild, but some players just don't seem to get that all they have to do is join one and become prey for the scammers. At least this way they'll get what they pay for... shrug
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    It just makes me wonder if there is anything they shouldn't sell. Why not sell max level toons now? I'm sure they can come up with a price that will make up for lost xp scroll sales. Why not sell skill point scrolls?

edited August 2015
    Why not sell Undaunted rep? Or legendary weapons (or upgrade materials)? Undaunted chest key packs? Who has time to grind anyway?

Where do you draw a line about what's okay and what's not okay for the CS? I realize it's individual preference. I wonder where the sweet spot is.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Thats pretty terrible actually, WW and Vamp bites was actually ONE of the few things that created community in ESO.  Sticking things like this in a cash shop just moves the game further into single player mode.  WoW did the same thing in other ways, with dungeons, crafting, etc.  Sad news.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Yes this is awful. Yet another thing that you can do in game that can be bypassed. I hate the new idea of skipping content in MMORPGs. It's really a shame the way the companies de-value their game for the sake of a cash grab or just catering to the unambitious. I got my bites for free in game, but it was an experience that store bought bites won't have. Why not just put the achievements on the store too?  
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    edited August 2015
    Archlyte said:
    Yes this is awful. Yet another thing that you can do in game that can be bypassed. I hate the new idea of skipping content in MMORPGs. It's really a shame the way the companies de-value their game for the sake of a cash grab or just catering to the unambitious. I got my bites for free in game, but it was an experience that store bought bites won't have. Why not just put the achievements on the store too?  
    Even without CS, this thing can be bypassed, by not getting it. Werewolves and vamps are pretty much optional, in fact only one of my seven chars is a werewolf, just one. Vamps comes with heavy penalty I just dont even bother, while WW is pretty much situational. I just dont get how people can be annoyed on an optional content.

Sell it or not, I dont care. Whatever floats their boat I guess but I rather have their boat floats.
  • PsykogrlPsykogrl Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I agree with most of that @Archlyte but only because the prices are so outrageous.... like nearly $10 real dollars (only 5 since they give you 500 crowns to start with) is a little steep. If they came down on the prices a little it wouldn't feel so much like pay-to-win

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Why someone would pay for this I have no clue. It seems like a lot of the stuff added is for the solo/refuse to talk to anyone type of player.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    Why someone would pay for this I have no clue. It seems like a lot of the stuff added is for the solo/refuse to talk to anyone type of player.
    I agree with this. I mean, who isn't at least in a trading guild? Or any kind of guild? It's pretty easy to get a bite from a guildy if you just ask in chat. I've never had to pay, but you could offer some gold.