Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Test Impressions - TheHiveLeader | Tree of Savior Videos | MMORPG

2»

Comments

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Hive, maybe you should have used your skills on those bosses? Heal and Clense also damage enemies. I actually was ready to quit because I disliked playing Cleric in this game so much, but then I tried out Archer and loved it! Got to lvl 59 before the end of iCBT. Cheers.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Punk999 said:
    Had a Blast playing this in beta! If you enjoy grouping up and finding a camp of mobs to grind on for hours to level up like the old days.... this is it.
    This is a serious question and I'm not trying to troll. Why? How is it fun? I've never played a game like that, so I honestly don't know. And the graphics. I mean, I don't mind the point of view, but the style is ... just ... does it grow on you?

• DavirokDavirok Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Yeah yeah im into this game already
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Clerics complaining about things taking long to kill. . . not sure what I expected. Also what website is this?
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited August 2015
    I'll be making a small player's guide to this when I'm able. There are a lot of tips that should be known prior to leveling your first character. They will save a lot of time and in-game money -- possibly even having to remake the character as a whole.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    d_20 said:
    Punk999 said:
    Had a Blast playing this in beta! If you enjoy grouping up and finding a camp of mobs to grind on for hours to level up like the old days.... this is it.
    This is a serious question and I'm not trying to troll. Why? How is it fun? I've never played a game like that, so I honestly don't know. And the graphics. I mean, I don't mind the point of view, but the style is ... just ... does it grow on you?
    Simply put, it is a type of style different from other games. Somewhat similar to FFXI back in the day. You find a spot, you grind. You get a party and find a spot, you grind together and watch all the class synergies at work. The appeal is similar to hack and slash games in that it's fun to see money exploding everywhere, experience show on screen and on the bar and rare items drop. In these types of games, there are even random world "bosses" that respawn quickly and people farm for the reasons stated above. Then there's using said money with in game shops and auctions and the like. Partaking in the various systems of the game -- whatever it has. Unlocking the hundreds of classes there are and making a new character to unlock the classes you didn't take the path for the last time you played. It's mainly about the grind and the social experience of all these favored grinding areas and people grouping up for a better chance at hitting something. Fairly easy to make friends in these types of games, where there is one simply objective and a world to explore, as well as multiple systems to learn outside of combat.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • NoxcardNoxcard Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Post above explains it well, enough said. I loved playing games like Rappelz, and Shadowbane back in the day which involved alot of people banding together to farm one spot for a significant amount of time (days not 30 mins).

Side note Tree of Savior is more like my Savior of Games because its style is more towards older games (10 years and older) which I enjoyed the most.
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Rhygarth said:
    another new game i can pass on, 2015 is so going down as the worst year for games.
    "I don't like something so you guys should know this sucks".  You're literally the only negative post on this thread dude.  If you don't like it that's fine. But it's pointless to comment just to show your dislike for something that everyone else is so fervent for.
    You know quote marks ("") are supposed to indicate your are quoting someone.  Rhygarth did not say what you imply he said.

"Another new game I can pass on" is in no way saying "this game sucks".  Stop being a fanboi.  You like it, you play it.  Rhygarth has said he will pass and that should be fine too.  No game will satisfy everyone.

As for me I will pass too.
  • NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197
    awesome video buddy!

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I plan on playing this

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Thanks for the explanations. I guess it's because I never played that sort of game. My first mmo was WoW in 2007. I later moved to Darkfall and did some of that group grinding with clan members, but that was always about pvp and protecting the spawn for ourselves if possible. That seems a bit different because I was there with clan members I already knew and there was a strong us against them vibe.

ToS -- I will give it a try and see what all the hype is about.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    What I like about this game's combat is that certain abilities have cast times to execute but you can either wait the whole duration OR tap it and deal less damage.

This will make casting classes more enjoyable for me at least.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    First world problems, do not replace the porings with pink fluffy chickens....

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    I want this game in my life, are they going to do more betas or is this the stretch towards release? I couldn't find anything about its payment model, other than it was on STEAM greanlight.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Rhygarth said:
    another new game i can pass on, 2015 is so going down as the worst year for games.
    "I don't like something so you guys should know this sucks".  You're literally the only negative post on this thread dude.  If you don't like it that's fine. But it's pointless to comment just to show your dislike for something that everyone else is so fervent for.
    You know quote marks ("") are supposed to indicate your are quoting someone.  Rhygarth did not say what you imply he said.

"Another new game I can pass on" is in no way saying "this game sucks".  Stop being a fanboi.  You like it, you play it.  Rhygarth has said he will pass and that should be fine too.  No game will satisfy everyone.

Me too...can't even see why others hype this. I don't care what they put into the game play if the game looks and feels like ToL does. If they can make a game with great combat, questing. and crafting....why not make it not look like a cartoon? I'm passed cartoons.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

edited August 2015
    Rhygarth said:

Me too...can't even see why others hype this. I don't care what they put into the game play if the game looks and feels like ToL does. If they can make a game with great combat, questing. and crafting....why not make it not look like a cartoon? I'm passed cartoons.
    Its an old school type of game, part of the appeal is that Ragnarok also looked like this. Its not for everyone and every game doesn't and shouldn't have to appeal to everyone. Its for people who enjoyed Ragnarok Online and games like that. I'm an older guy I grew up on Super Nintendo games like Secret of Mana/Romancing SaGa/Saga Frontier and Final Fantasy Tactics that looked like this, so I love the idea of playing "Secret of Mana/Saga Frontier the mmo" with others. Not to mention the soundtrack is fantastic and has that old school Squaresoft (Not Square Enix, there is a difference) feel. I love it. So you can say you're past cartoons. For me this is a nostalgia trip and games like this are part of my childhood. I'm almost 40 and I'm proud to be a child at heart.
    Post edited by Maquiame on

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

d_20 said:
    Thanks for the explanations. I guess it's because I never played that sort of game. My first mmo was WoW in 2007. I later moved to Darkfall and did some of that group grinding with clan members, but that was always about pvp and protecting the spawn for ourselves if possible. That seems a bit different because I was there with clan members I already knew and there was a strong us against them vibe.

ToS -- I will give it a try and see what all the hype is about.
    I suggest downloading a Super Nes emulator and playing Secret of Mana if you want to get a taste of what this is like. Secret of Mana 2 is also a good choice.

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    As a mudder, this appeals to my inner grinder.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Its nice they are using final fantasy xiv cross hotbar for gamepad
  • LobokenshinLobokenshin Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Looks great