Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak games +EQ2

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
I'll try to keep this organized and not ramble but i have so much on my mind.

First of all,anyone knows me, knows that i do not like Smedley nor anyone else making most of the bonehead decisions at SOE nor do i easily hand out two thumbs up.

I have disliked their direction so much ,i thought i would never again set foot in one of their games.

I have to say i am happy i rejoined EQ2 TL servers,the overall vibe,atmosphere has been really positive.

I was in the game frustrated from the usual lag and game crash,i just thought my god all these years,same old nothing has changed.Well enter a DB gm and tells the server "we are looking into the lag issues".I immediately thought ,ya whatever,sure you are,however fast forward 2 days and seems they actually did fix the lag and i have had no more server crashes.

BTWthe VERY obvious memory leaks have been plaguing SOE games for MAN yyears,well they actually came onto the server and told us an update was issued  for the memory leaks from December.

I have to say ,they have made me very happy,perhaps some new direction without Smedley,i really don't know but FINALLY seems like a business that cares about their product and player base.

I give DB games and their new EFFORT/direction two thumbs up,you add that to a pleasant experience in game and it is just good stuff all around.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Despite some bugs, I'm having fun :)
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I tried but the bugs just got too annoying. Honestly I do not remember that many bugs when I played it at launch.  
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I am really enjoying playing on the tle servers. Unlike everyone else I haven't come across any bugs and my game has never crashed. There's virtually no lag for me and I am based in the UK and these servers  are American. But then again I rarely experience lag in my games even when people around me ingame are lagging. i have a stable 150mbps and almost never have any kind of lag even playing to servers which are not EU based.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    Wizardry said:

I have to say ,they have made me very happy,perhaps some new direction without Smedley,i really don't know but FINALLY seems like a business that cares about their product and player base.

doubt it have much to do with Smedley being there or not, but more about them trying to hold onto an EQ2 community, they certainly have been giving TLE server special attention.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    I came back a week ago with no intention to sub. I played on AB when it launched and only dabbled since, never got higher than 50's. I am loving being back. I am not on the TL server, I'm still on AB, and I will sub today... but will likely stay on AB. Still, glad I gave it another shot. 

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    i subbed just for the TL server and find it fun (ship + island) but ...ugh...stopped playing after 1 week :(
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've actually spent countless hours for the past 2 weeks on Stormhold. The idea of a fresh start is something a lot of older MMO's should consider. My only disappointment so far is the XP potions in the cash shop. Not sure if that was voted in or a DB choice.
    I am perfectly fine with those potions. If people want to boost their experience why not?

There is a big outcry from the hardcore playerbase though. There are people who got to level 50 very quickly and have liked 200 hours /played. And the server has been around for 20-25 days only! For people like me who can only play for like 5-10 hours a week, I couldn't care less. It's not like I will ever compete with the 30+ hours a week crowd. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Torval said:
    fivoroth said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I've actually spent countless hours for the past 2 weeks on Stormhold. The idea of a fresh start is something a lot of older MMO's should consider. My only disappointment so far is the XP potions in the cash shop. Not sure if that was voted in or a DB choice.
    I am perfectly fine with those potions. If people want to boost their experience why not?

There is a big outcry from the hardcore playerbase though. There are people who got to level 50 very quickly and have liked 200 hours /played. And the server has been around for 20-25 days only! For people like me who can only play for like 5-10 hours a week, I couldn't care less. It's not like I will ever compete with the 30+ hours a week crowd. 
    I think those potions are fine too. I do see the other side of the argument though. You already have people asking for increased xp gains across the board (because their plate healer levels too slow), adding in Beastmaster and Channeler, mercs, and class balance changes to make the game like live servers. If they want those things they should vote for expansion progression when the time comes. I think DBG made a bad mistake making the progression a democratic vote.

If people want a live game experience they should play on live servers. I think it's a better experience anyway. I just wish they would get off their butts and get the server merge done. They really stuck it to the live servers with the TLE release.
    Levelling is very slow, I always play when I have rested xp cause otherwise it doesn't feel like I am progressing much. 

i think the issue is that a lot of people are already capped and a lot of them want the next expansion already. I hear everyone below lvl30 won't be allowed to vote which are he people are more likely to vote No.

The servers will eventually get to the latest expansion but it will take at least a year or more which should be enough to enjoy the eq2 content. It's all new for me and these servers let me group all the time and experience content at a more gated pace.

the live servers feel dead for new comers and they are just one looong solo experience.

i don't think we will get Mercs or any of the new classes before their respective expansion. They said also that if there are 2-3 yes votes to expansion on the first vote they will increase the expansion vote time to 90days to slow it down. I think we may get the two adventure packs 30 days after launch instead of DOF if the current vote is successful.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Everyone can vote they are not restricting the voting to above 30.

kitarad said:
    Ooh that's cool, I am sure they said you had to be within 20 levels of current cap. They changed their mind ?

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Hopefully they have realized that the AOM expansion was a grindy (even for EQ2) hardcore failure that cost them a lot of players as it was simply not fun. I hope that they figure out a way to get players back with the next expansion.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    fivoroth said:
    kitarad said:
    Ooh that's cool, I am sure they said you had to be within 20 levels of current cap. They changed their mind ?
    I hope you got your answer there was never a limit to which level can vote. It is one vote for one account but any character of any level could vote.