Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

future upt.\exp

TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
edited November 2015 in Gloria Victis
11/22/2015 - Topic discussion has been led astray. I should've been calmly discussing my negative experience, instead of lashing out. I'm not to sure I wish to continue the thread discussion, and may seek to lock the thread since the inside contents have changed from complete positiveness to a personal experience.

This is not the first time i've requested one of my threads to be closed. Everyone has a negative experience sometimes, and I faced a very negative one which was incredibly valid on all levels. Telling people to not support the game entirely was not the right way to go about it, and to blame the one who looted the shield when the game is FULL LOOT PVP was the certainly the wrong direction.

My character was attacked randomly, and I was not able to defend myself because of a bug. I came into the game after months of not playing, and had my item looted after my character was swiftly slain by a skilled opponent in the starter zone. Meanwhile he was being very offensive in chat, and then many others began to join him.

Which then caused me to logoff and come on here to express my negative experience. A golden rule is to never vent your negative experiences in MMORPG.com which as a longtime member of MMORPG.com ignored because of some rage.

Support them for a mere $10
http://gloriavictisgame.com/

Continue discussions regarding future updates
http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/430007/gloria-victis-patches-news-updates/p2

---Old Comment---10/31/2015 - The game has been updated many times since the making of this post (X2 worlds has been released, building revisions have been implemented already, inventory system is getting closer for a full release. Click the link below for the exciting patch notes that is updated on MMORPG directly from the Gloria Victis Developers themselves: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/430007/gloria-victis-patches-news-updates/p2

Support the game!

Thread was originally created to try out the new forums, without reading the thread above that stated not make threads regarding new patch note-updates, as such the title is being changed to talk about the future updates (New skills beyond passives) the fully fleshed out building system, and inventory rework and more.

---Old Comment--- August-2015
Great opportunity to try the new forums! pleased 

Gloria Victis just released the first building system revision they are working on and Passive abilities! Truly excited to try the new update, the game has a long way to go before nearing completion. Glad to support these indie-developers that continue pushing forward, as they gain more supporters and reap more developing experience. Looking forward to the next building revision, inventory system rework, and 2x-world size update which is seemingly coming closer with each new update!

Hopefully my donation goes towards an English-Translator of sorts that will reduce the grammatical mistakes in the game. Read their patch notes below; regarding the latest update!
tongue Haha!

---Original Patch Notes---  http://gloriavictisgame.com/news/7842

Post edited by Tybost on

Comments

• Xanas111Xanas111 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited August 2015
    @Tybost ;Sound nice. We will see how it work in game.

• MariusPTMariusPT Member UncommonPosts: 8
  • GodrygGodryg Member CommonPosts: 1
    still growing up :)
  • ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Xanas111 said:
    @Tybost ;Sound nice. We will see how it work in game.

It works great.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    as a early donator to this game, it is amazing how far its come, i tend to just pop in for 1-2 days bursts i dont want to OD but i do like what i see so far

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,184
    Quazal.A said:
    as a early donator to this game, it is amazing how far its come, i tend to just pop in for 1-2 days bursts i dont want to OD but i do like what i see so far

I'm the same way. In fact I'm updating for the weekend right now :)
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    A full wipe to all the previous progress made is on the way! Inventory, and crafting improvements are all imminent as well! I'm truly happy that I decided to support them, as they have been making some really impressive progress in such a short amount of time since supporting them!

If you have yet to support them, then you should consider supporting these developers, as they have been working unbelievably hard to improve the game! (Sidenote: Title has changed, to talk about things beyond the older patch notes)

It only costs $10 to gain access! http://gloriavictisgame.com/
  • ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Game is way worth the 10 bucks, if only to support the team making it. But I love the game as well. Very enjoyable, and still getting lots more soon! Combat is pretty fun, tc is cool, can't wait for ui fixes.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I agree. I easily got my $10. It's a project worth supporting. However, it is just that...a project. Many discussions on their forums reflect that, but the devs are fairly active, involved, etc. Caveat Emptor.
    edited November 2015
    No longer supporting Gloria Victis: I had a poor experience after updating the game with the community which has left a bad taste in my mouth. I discourage anyone who wants to purchase the game in it's current state. 11/22/2015

My negative experience as a backer (Level 20 inside the game) has led me to logout and to come directly here to express my disapproval of true full loot PVP. It would seem the game is not for me if opponents have access to your items ON YOUR CHARACTER that you have painstakingly gathered.

I swear at minimum the items in your hands were protected, and your entire inventory was compromised... but that is not the case. It was a bad experience since the enemy can chat with you and just make you feel like complete shit. While feeling like shit you just lost that item which you felt you earned.

It was YOUR item that you worked HARD for... to have it taken by surprise... alongside death and feeling of true defeat and humiliation. It was simply too much.

Fuck. This. Experience.
    and fuck me for only just discovering full loot pvp is not for me
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    craft another one?
    wyldmagik said:
    craft another one?
    And have it taken away again?

Do you have any idea how long it took me to gather those fucking resources for that elite god damn shield... only to have it ripped from my dying body right after crafting it.... and the fucker laughing in GLOBAL chat which both friendlies on your side (Midlanders) and enemies (Ismirs) can read... laughing at your shit experience.

Fuck that.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited November 2015
    It became a problem for you when you reacted... I know it is your time invested but its nothing you will carry down the highstreet in real day to day time while shopping is it?
    You have to get past that I have, you do with age I guess.
  • l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    edited November 2015
    Tybost said:
    wyldmagik said:
    craft another one?

Do you have any idea how long it took me to gather those fucking resources for that elite god damn shield... only to have it ripped from my dying body right after crafting it.... and the fucker laughing in GLOBAL chat which both friendlies on your side (Midlanders) and enemies (Ismirs) can read... laughing at your shit experience.

Fuck that.
    Why did you equip an elite shield on a defenseless character in a public area where you would be attacked?
    This would be like trying to carry gold bars on a golf cart through downtown Baghdad.

Just because you can own an "elite sheild" doesn't mean you should carry it around with you.
    You should ONLY EVER WEAR WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Your reaction to this turn of events is incredibly immature.
    You are acting like a giant man-baby.

The correct reaction would be to kill the guy...and do it again and again.

Besides, later on in game you'll have hundreds of those items in your bank. Here you are throwing a temper-tantrum over some insignificant shield.
    I do not hate the game or the developers. I hate my experience with the community who were quite rude about the whole thing, and I slightly disapprove of opponents having access to the items equipped on your character.
    edited November 2015
    l2avism said:
    Tybost said:
    wyldmagik said:
    craft another one?

Fuck that.
    Why did you equip an elite shield on a defenseless character in a public area where you would be attacked?
    This would be like trying to carry gold bars on a golf cart through downtown Baghdad.

Just because you can own an "elite sheild" doesn't mean you should carry it around with you.
    You should ONLY EVER WEAR WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Your reaction to this turn of events is incredibly immature.
    You are acting like a giant man-baby.

The correct reaction would be to kill the guy...and do it again and again.
    I was surrounded by many guards which protected my character from being further looted. My reaction to this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, because of the community inside the game. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little butthurt over losing an item that was just crafted. You are right that I shouldn't of carried an item that could be lost, but know that I was under the assumption that your equipped items on your character were safe, while your inventory is compromised.

I was wrong... and your right I did lash out unfairly, but have recollected myself very fast. I will just have to deal with it and move on.
    Post edited by Tybost on
    edited November 2015
    Title has been reverted.

While im upset at losing the shield, im more upset with the bug that stopped me from being able to defend my character, and the rude guy who took the shield off my body (while I believed my equipped items were completely safe) (Mistake) who was pretty immature in global chat.

Keep in mind I had only just returned after being away from the game for many months.

I lashed out unfairly against Gloria Victis and the developers, when I should've been calmly discussing my negative experience. Also venting on MMORPG.com is a horrible idea. ~lol

Truly a Full-Loot PVP experience for only $10
    http://gloriavictisgame.com/
    Post edited by Tybost on
  • l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    edited November 2015
    Full loot = everything can be taken
    You would be used to it if you had played just about any other full loot game.
    I think only shadowbane allowed you to keep wearable items.

Once upon a time in a game called runescape, there was a bug that allowed players to enter the capital city with their pvp flag on. They looted all kinds of rare unobtainable items. I think even they were a little more calm about it. (i liked the part were they killed the GM's)

n 6th June 2006 at around 7PM Australlian time. "Cursed You" Held a level 99 construction party at his "Player Owned House". It was a blast of a party as alot of the runescape population could see the rewards of getting level 99 construction. But hell was let loose at 7:46PM Australlian time, as Durial321 and two other unknown friends left the house to go player killing. They teleported to falador, getting ready to go; when Durial321 realised he was in a wilderness zone in the centre of falador. He soon realised he could use this as an advantage, knowing that other players could not retaliate he started his massacre. He gained party hats, cash, rare itemry etc.

If you notice mods are telling Durial to bank his items. Therefore if he would have banked all his earnings he could have came out and not be banned.

edited November 2015
    l2avism said:
    Full loot = everything can be taken
    You would be used to it if you had played just about any other full loot game.

Once upon a time in a game called runescape... /Snip/
    Faladar Massacre.

I'm very familiar with it since i've played Runescape for 10+ years very actively, and was on the day it happened. Unfortunately I've always avoided PVP and have always played the safe route (Soul Wars) and never bossed until way later. (Care-bear activity?)

I could craft another shield which I have no problem with *(it only takes time which I don't have much!)* I was partially aware of what full loot meant, but had no idea your actual character could be looted which has not happened to me ever before.

"Why did you equip an elite shield on a defenseless character in a public area where you would be attacked?"

The player who killed my character who looted my shield while I was in the starter zone surrounded by guards (My character was fully armored to the bone) but I couldn't take my weapons out with (F) to defend my character because of a bug

I should've been upset about the bug, but instead focused on the lost shield and player. May have gotten Gloria Victis confused with "Life is Feudal." Full Loot/Partial

What's said and done is done and said.

I definitely reacted in the wrong way... I'm still looking forward to future updates, and will simply have to adjust and play a little safer.

Topic has gone in a terrible direction, and I no longer feel happy about continuing positive discussions. More positive threads will pop up in the future. http://gloriavictisgame.com/

Post edited by Tybost on
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So OP, you're angry at the fact that you didn't know what full loot meant? Okay....
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Locked at the request of the author. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

This discussion has been closed.