Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level is Imperial City accessed?

bauhau5bauhau5 Member UncommonPosts: 13
So I managed to hook my girlfriend back into this game. /emote cheer

My question to all you wonderful people is this: 

Is Imperial City worth purchasing if we're not level 50? We are only level 18 at the moment. Is there content for people to do at that level or is it best to wait until we get to end game? Are there any incentives to purchase it right away? 

Thank you!

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    You get automatically bolstered to Veteran Rank 14 when you go into Cyrodiil and the Imperial City as long as you're level 10 or greater.

They already said they will be using this method for all future DLC locations... they don't want to miss out on those sales :)

Having said that, the bolstering system (which has always existed for Cyrodiil PVP) still means that bolstered low level players still have a bit of a disadvantage because they have not yet unlocked and trained some of the better abilities and in my experience the low level abilities you do have access to are not equal in value for all classes. IMHO, Nightblades have a significant advantage with a lot of very low-level abilities that hold their value and are used by many players in the VR ranks.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• bauhau5bauhau5 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Iselin said:
    You get automatically bolstered to Veteran Rank 14 when you go into Cyrodiil and the Imperial City as long as you're level 10 or greater.

They already said they will be using this method for all future DLC locations... they don't want to miss out on those sales :)

Having said that, the bolstering system (which has always existed for Cyrodiil PVP) still means that bolstered low level players still have a bit of a disadvantage because they have not yet unlocked and trained some of the better abilities and in my experience the low level abilities you do have access to are not equal in value for all classes. IMHO, Nightblades have a significant advantage with a lot of very low-level abilities that hold their value and are used by many players in the VR ranks.
    Will there be content that isn't PVP? 

Can you start gaining the new currency right away at low levels? 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Most of the game play in the IC is mixed PVE/PVP. It's closer to what it feels like PVEing in a PVP server in other games. The focus is actually PVE but PVP can happen at any time. The only parts that are 100% PVE are the two new 4-man dungeons in there. And once you find their entrance, you can just queue for them and teleport inside without needing to travel through the IC. (And if you exit those dungeons through the door you don't end-up in the IC but rather in your Alliance's capital>)

You can get the Telvar Stone IC currency at any level whether you're bolstered up to VR14 or not.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED