Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POST NEW FORUM BUGS / ISSUES HERE

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
Hey everyone.

New forums are live (duh!). Please post any issues or bugs you find here!
georgesmashintanvalerinarenjoDyplik-seamkguru315jerry1840rykerabel

Comments

• UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568
    Unable to respond to or send PMs, as for some strange reason only on mmorpg.com and only in its PM screen does the  site keep refreshing and making PMing unusable.
    Dyplik-seajerry1840
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I think the private messages have been bugged for a while now.

I always keep getting this popup telling me I forgot to fill in the captcha although I didn't even try to send anything yet.

renjoDyplik-seajerry1840
    Harbinger of Fools
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Don't sweat it too much! New forums pretty much fixed this. Though of course we'll have new issues with THOSE too.
    Dyplik-sea

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I'm not seeing any Staff entries such as reviews, columns or other posts in the "recent discussion" section of the forums.  

This section is pretty much where I spend most of my time on this site and I'd hate to have to hunt down posts of that nature.
    renjo
    edited August 2015
    Intentional for the MOMENT. We're doing some work with Vanilla to get the comments and stuff working right there. Should be fixed in the next day or two.

Because of CFM (our current site architecture), we have to have news posts (which tie to forum threads), and feature/review posts that don't. We're looking to find a nice way to import comments from the news posts into the feature/review posts. Vanilla is working on it with us.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

Note that "recent posts" ticker on the front page should be live soon. Fix already incoming. :)
    renjo

My Review Manifesto

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Intentional for the MOMENT. We're doing some work with Vanilla to get the comments and stuff working right there. Should be fixed in the next day or two.

Because of CFM (our current site architecture), we have to have news posts (which tie to forum threads), and feature/review posts that don't. We're looking to find a nice way to import comments from the news posts into the feature/review posts. Vanilla is working on it with us.
    Sounds great, can't wait to see full functionality again.  The new forums look great, are much more responsive and most importantly, still a nice, easy to read, dark theme.
    h0urg1ass said:
    Sounds great, can't wait to see full functionality again.  The new forums look great, are much more responsive and most importantly, still a nice, easy to read, dark theme.
    Glad you like 'em! Evan and Mike worked like mad to make them fit this old site, so we could get them to you before the new site.

And yes, the new site will have both light and dark layouts. :)

My Review Manifesto

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited August 2015
    Old forums did not display off-topic forum posts in the recent posts list. The new forums do show them.

Edit: added "in the recent posts list"  Now my post should be insightful.

Edit 2: Spam forum posts are also now appearing in the recent posts list.
    Post edited by Grunty on
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited August 2015
    The banner that says "Help us improve the new forums", could the colors be darker?  It's hard to read the electric blue on sky blue.  I would recommend either using a gray background (same gray as the quote button) or making it white font on dark purple background.

Edit: wow, submitting a post also results in a blinding yellow flash.  My eyes would like to be spared that.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Am I missing something or is there no way to change privacy settings.  Email, location, what's displayed?  All I see are notify options under preferences.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Grunty said:
    Old forums did not display off-topic forum posts in the recent posts list. The new forums do show them.

Edit: added "in the recent posts list"  Now my post should be insightful.

Edit 2: Spam forum posts are also now appearing in the recent posts list.
    All posts should show up in the feed.
  • MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    We can remove specific forums from showing up in the recent posts list.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Where is the game development group of forums?  I was hoping they'd get more traffic if they were visible on the forums home page.

BTW I really like the green tag saying how many new posts there are. :grin: Ooh and the emote pop-up thingy!
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Hulluck said:
    Am I missing something or is there no way to change privacy settings.  Email, location, what's displayed?  All I see are notify options under preferences.
    Same question.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited August 2015
    When browsing new discussions through the Recent Discussions -list, and the discussion has multiple pages, you won't always know which page you ended up on.

It would help a lot if the page switch buttons at the bottom would display your current page somehow.

EDIT: If someone else posts to the thread when you're writing your own post, then you post, the post above your post won't become visible to you. Reloading the page fixes the problem and shows that there's a post above your post. /EDIT

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,549
    When browsing and looking at a post with no comments, I get and error and it says :

Comment not found.

The comment you were looking for could not be found.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,697
    I can't find any way to change my personal details. 

In particular, I now see that my location is displayed beneath my avatar. The location is firstly out of date and so wrong, but secondly I don't want my location broadcast to everyone so I'd like it removed from beneath my avatar. As a short term solution I'm happy for my location to simply say "UK".
  • RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    If I may add a suggestion. A little colour at the bottom of each post where the agree etc buttons are would look nice, even if it's just the numbers of the people agreeing within the boxes.

@cameltosis ;- It's just showing up for you. Mike can explain more, but I'm pretty sure you're only going to see your own details, as I can't. We're still tweaking there.

My Review Manifesto

As a note:

We do know that news & features discussion isn't up yet. There is some back-end magic that needs to happen before those comments work. You can still post comments directly on features and reviews, but there are no forums showing for them right now.

Comments are working in news posts though.

My Review Manifesto

Kumapon said:
    When browsing and looking at a post with no comments, I get and error and it says :

Comment not found.

The comment you were looking for could not be found.

Noted. @MikeB ;, @Meddle ;, and @skywisenight ;- tag, you're it.

My Review Manifesto

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Not sure if its a bug, but:

Next to the discussion title in "Recent Discussions" the description just says "in general gaming" not the name of the game forum. For example I made a thread recently titled "Trading" in the Black desert game forum, but on the recent discussions page the thread is listed as "Trading in general gaming". I think it would be better if it listed the name of the game forum, eg "Trading in Black desert".

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Is this how these forums are supposed to look? Because if it is then i have to say that your designer needs to go back to 1980 where he belongs. The color scheme is horrible and the fonts and typography nearly unreadable.

I know it's kinda cool to have a dark site with black background but it does not help legibility especially when the font sizes and text colors are all over the place.

Purple neon lava lamp backgrounds? Seriously guys!

If you need a good design let me know. I will even do it for free for you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    edited August 2015
    On the top bar there's cog -button that links to: http://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/edit

There's no way to click this link because it only opens to a drop-down menu, which does not include that link.

The link works if you right-click and select to open it in new window.

I'm using Google Chrome.

EDIT: If you edit your post, and toggle full page, you get black text on black backround./EDIT
    baruqqrykerabel