Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP talents will not work in PvE environments?

cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129

I am worried about that. Seriously. Does it mean world pvp is dead forever and officialy now?

The world outside is considered a pve environment. Lets say i am in a quest zone and a lad is coming to get me. What will work at that moment?

Comments

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Nah! You can still pvp with your pvp gear and use your current pve talents. But if you wish to pvp in bg's, arenas, team deathmatch, you can choose to use the pvp talents that gives you a edge in pvp because of how they will be designed compared to pve talents.

That is all there is to it, and it makes sense if those talents provide so much benefit to pvp players that they get restricted for pvp instances only ( bg's, arenas, team deathmatch, etc... ). So in the world you use your pve talents but keep using your pvp gear as it is right now.

• cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Hmm, I keep hearing rumors that there will be no pvp gear :O
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by cyricson

Got to get those complaining pvp players in the pve raids somehow.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    cyricson said:
    Thats not a rumor, no PvP gear, but PvP tallents and leaderboards...

there is more room however tomdifferentiate your PvP characters from other characters of the same class

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Best thing would be to remove effect of stats in PvP combats totally. PvP and/or fights among players should have totally different stat system. Abilities should have 2 value : normal damage value and player damage value. Should have different stats like : PvP crit, PvP block etc. PvP and PvE should totally be excluded from each other in functionality.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

This is getting confusing. So in order to pvp i must have raid quality pve gear and my artifact weapon with pvp relics on it along with pvp talents? How am i to compete with a mythic lvl geared pver??
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    The original Guildwars had PvP only skills and it hardly killed PvP there. Then again, GW had a far greater PvP percentage than Wow but I wouldn't start to panic.

The PvE gear is more worrysome, GW did have a very basic gear structure, while there were green weapons that were hard to get they offered at best a really small bost compared to the gold ones that were very easy to get in both PvE and PvP.

PvPers need to be able to get as good gear for PvP as PvErs can get or the only ones playing (PvP) would be raiders that enjoy some side PvP.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    cyricson said:
    This is getting confusing. So in order to pvp i must have raid quality pve gear and my artifact weapon with pvp relics on it along with pvp talents? How am i to compete with a mythic lvl geared pver??
    They keep saying mythic raid gears in Legion will only be 7% more stronger than entry raid gears but that is still 7% more damage they will be doing. this is a good idea to remove PvP gears and create a new PvP tree but it is bonkers to make PvP players go through mythic raids so that they can compete in PvP. Blizzard really needs to disintegrate PvP and PvE, make PvE and PvP stats different than each other.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    aww you beat me too it jester
    hahaha are u fucking kidding us blizzard? So from now on we must raid in order to participate in all forms of pvp...great! just great. although i find it hard to believe they could be so ignorant.