Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO

HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914

Hi

I think i want to try elder scrolls online again " ESO"

But i heard it was dead or something with a veteran level that should mak ethe game horrible later on...

Can anyone verifi this game still is alive ?

Any hints ?

I like to play mages

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    game is thriving, indeed almost booming after 1.6.  Mage = staff sorcerer,

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    It's very much alive. I see other players all the time and in every zone I'm in. Sorcerer (mage) is the most popular class that I've seen. That being said, the sorcerers can be played in quite a few different ways since they can wear any armor (armor can be selected as passive skills as you level - heavy armor is more tank focused; medium is more rogue-like dps; light is heavily magic focused). I've seen sorcerers in heavy armor and wielding great swords. So you have choices. Pretty neat, actually.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

In-game players were saying Nightblade is most common. I think I could believe that. Personally my impression was Templars were more common, but that's probably just because I played a Templar, so groups often had 2 out of 4 players who were Templars (and in a few cases 3 of 4.) Just kinda unexpected to hear people saying Sorcs are most common here, as they seemed about as rare as Dragonknights.

Still feeling out how the classes play regarding roles. Looking closer at my skill options on my fresh Dragonknight tank, he doesn't seem to have tanking options that are quite as exclusive as the Templar's healing kit (for example his basic armor/resist skill is mimicked pretty closely by a skill in the Heavy Armor tree, which any class can use.)  Maybe as I take a closer look through the class' full kit things will seem different.  With my Templar and healing, it felt different: the heal tree of Templars had healing skills that other classes didn't seem to be able to match.

Tons of players play ESO.  Enough that I deliberately load into the second-tier cities during primetime (teleporting to the capital with as many players as there are can be somewhat slow.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Psycrovv

Hi

I think i want to try elder scrolls online again " ESO"

But i heard it was dead or something with a veteran level that should mak ethe game horrible later on...

Can anyone verifi this game still is alive ?

Any hints ?

I like to play mages

TESO went buy to play earlier in the year - no sub needed.

From what you say you tried it earlier so just log on and try it. As it uses megaserver tech the game will "feel" alive even if it has only a "few" players. 

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    So i must paaayy ! for the game :D

OOh hey ..i remember pople were farming boss spider all over again and again so i could not make quest...did they fix that ?

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Not long ago I saw a G2A sale of ESO for 13€, that was a good opportunity to try the game to say the least...

No point mentioning it now I guess, though I don't think it's worth the full box price. 

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Check out the Official ESO forums OP... There is not a busier mmorpg forum anywhere. That should tell you something. Still to this day it has "new release" type of activity. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Check out the Official ESO forums OP... There is not a busier mmorpg forum anywhere. That should tell you something. Still to this day it has "new release" type of activity. 

We both know you are talking shit as usual, if not let's see the satistics to back up your claim.

• Originally posted by SavageHorizon

We both know you are talking shit as usual, if not let's see the satistics to back up your claim.

Calm down....

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Dude stop hating. Check it out yourself. The first 3 pages of threads (90 threads) all have post in the last 30 mins. The forums are super live. Stop the blind hate and check for yourself. Hell 30 post in 30 different threads in the last 8 mins... That's not even count multiple post in a single thread. 

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elderscrollsonline.com

http://www.similarweb.com/website/elderscrollsonline.com

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Too bad game itself isnt "as busy as release".

No wonder ESO "players" spend all their time on forums.

Are people still over farming outdoor bosses ?

i found out i had my old acc still..says active - trial..so i can install the game now..and hopefully play it.

G2a cost 22 ish EU now

Are people still over farming outdoor bosses ?

i found out i had my old acc still..says active - trial..so i can install the game now..and hopefully play it.

G2a cost 22 ish EU now

If you are talking in Craglorn, the gw2 champ style farming zergs, ZOS broke those up over a year ago.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Dude stop hating. Check it out yourself. The first 3 pages of threads (90 threads) all have post in the last 30 mins. The forums are super live. Stop the blind hate and check for yourself. Hell 30 post in 30 different threads in the last 8 mins... That's not even count multiple post in a single thread. 

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elderscrollsonline.com

http://www.similarweb.com/website/elderscrollsonline.com

Again that doesn't back up your claim at all.

and in english that means ?

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

You do have to buy the box, which is running around $60 from what I can tell.  However, if you played it before, you should be able to redownload it for free.

As far as being dead, that is not the case currently.  It is very much busy.

If you like playing mages, it is certainly represented.

I self identify as a monkey.

can i still play the game with my trial acc  ?? its a damm old acc from beta

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    can i still play the game with my trial acc  ?? its a damm old acc from beta

Did you ever pay any money for the game? If the answer is yes, you can play. If no, then you can't until you buy it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Hmm i dont remember any transactions to ESO ....hmmm

Well guess i must pay 22 eu ..still cheap contra 54 eu on steam

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

The game is very much alive, granted we are not sure how much they are making either thru subs or crown store but it doesn't seem to be dying at all. When you play you see players in low and high level zones.

But saying that if you already bought it install it and go play no sub needed.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Hmm i dont remember any transactions to ESO ....hmmm

Well guess i must pay 22 eu ..still cheap contra 54 eu on steam

Easy way to tell if you can't remember. Log in to your account and look under billing history.

I mean... if you "remember pople were farming boss spider all over again and again so i could not make quest" it sounds like you played after release and not just beta.

I don't remember farmers camping bosses in beta. That happened after release. Although, I suppose, it could have happened in beta too when the farmers were practising lol.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Says Beta access and Welcome Back Weekend Account Activation 4/8-2015..i havent played on that date

• mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323
    If the game was dead would I be getting +999 red ping in Cyrodiil?

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

ESO is buy to play. So if you own a copy you can just play otherwise you need to buy a copy. It is worth a full $60 if you find it on sale that is just candy.

The game runs on a mega server this means that actual game population should always feel nice and healthy.

For mage type play a sorcerer with staff is best.