Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, Demon Hunter. Any point playing any other class?

Comments

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Warlocks complain because they think they will lose their demon form, hunters complain because one of their specs is changing to melee, Rogues complaining because their class hall is in the sewer...lots of people complaining with out really knowing wtf is going on because blizzard really hasnt told us anything.
  • DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I'll be one of the players rolling demon hunter on day one. I really hope the servers are ready it, I remember how the garrison instances had a rough time at WOD launch. I'm not sure it will be my main, though. I love my DK and lock too much to just... shelve them.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Hunter is the most played class.  Not sure what you are talking about.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Warrior, Mage, Druid, Hunter - Blizzard's favorite classes. Want piece of mind? Play one of those, they pretty much always land on their feet and consistently perform well in pretty much all aspects of the game. Want to ride the nerf/buff rollercoaster? Take your pick from the others. While the above classes have had some moments where they were hurting, Blizz fixed them, whereas other classes have gone years and sometimes multiple expansions before being within the realm of reasonable.
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Well demonology warlock will finally be more a necromancer type of warlock because it will rely way more on there pets now, that is how it should have been from the start.

Survival hunter will be a melee spec with pet and marksmans will be range with no pet at all. Again it is good like this, it is a very different play style and all this is given to us just by changing specs.

So why only play a demon hunter when you get so many new play style just with the existing classes in the game? It still does not answer the question of : Is the xpac any good at all and worth the price it will be at at release. But it gives us some very good info about lot's of change incoming that should have been there since a long time ago and they will be way more fun.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    meh , wow needs anything but another melee , leather class ~~ ..... Rogue , Monk , Druids ...and now DH....lol
  • DethevanDethevan Member UncommonPosts: 60
    They honestly need to come out with the Necromancer and healer hero class.  People have been begging for that ever since they announced hero classes before they said that Death Knight was the one for BC.

Currently playing EverQuest 2

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,103
    Demon Hunter does look really fun! I am sure the newness value will wear off, but it's always nice to have some new things to play with.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    Its funny that Blizzard is Implementing things from Wildstar.. non Targeted Directional attacks.. Double jumps.. on the Demon Hunter. Blizzard has always taken good things from MMOs and made them better.. hope they continue to do so.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The best thing about demon hunters will be the changes to demo locks.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Krimzin said:
    Its funny that Blizzard is Implementing things from Wildstar.. non Targeted Directional attacks.. Double jumps.. on the Demon Hunter. Blizzard has always taken good things from MMOs and made them better.. hope they continue to do so.
    Next step will be double jump and directional attacks for every class. I bet they already have it in queue.
    They probably just wait until enough other class' players complain about not having it or until subs go down to 4mio three to four month after release.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    plot twist: the real legion are WE playing DHs :proud: 

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

Now despite what the title may imply, this is actually a legit post...not a run by troll.

Now they haven't really shown THAT much of the DH.

But....

They are easily the most bad a$$ class to ever come out in WoW. They look amazing, they sound like their gameplay is incredibly fun, they are more modern and the only other class that outdid everything else was Death Knight. And DK was partly because of how unique it was to WoW. Sure there was a monk, but lots of MMOs do monks. Monks didn't really seem as unique as DKs did to me. And now demon hunter.

They sound like the play like a Rogue (goodbye rogues) with fast dual wield attacks. Can morph into a demon (so warlocks lose their demon form cause DH steal it from them). They can both tank and DPS. Their gameplay is going to be rather unique, and demon hunters are a pretty Warcraft-style class. I mean, lots of MMOs do rogues, mages, paladins and stuff like that....demon hunters though? Like death knight (which had similar classes to other MMOs, but still unique warcraft style)...Demon hunters will be the most unique class in WoW and probably in the MMO world. As far as fantasy MMO classes go anyway.

So, I can easily tell...this class will probably be 95-99% of the entire WoW game being played at launch. The remaining 5% will stick to their old classes. But come launch, it will be MORE played than the Death Knight...Death Knight did die down after a while but STILL remain #1 most played class in WoW because of how good they are. So demon hunters will probably die down too, but will probably be overall played more than DK...especially if they are good at soloing old content.

Literally, DH are gonna be the most baddest class in WoW...playing anything else is going to feel so inferior lol. The only exception are classes that can heal, since DH won't have a heal spec. Plus, DH are gonna be very modern, so will be built far better than other classes are.

Of course, if you want a vanilla WoW experience, shamans are great for that :) That is a great reason to play them ;P

i feel like you need to check your sources.... Death Knights are far from being the #1 played class.
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited August 2015
    Shodanas said:

It's going to be the DK story repetition. When the expansion hits everyone and his dog will run around with a DH. It is the new hero class with some cool stuff (warglaives) and one can't blame people for trying it out. A couple of patches and nerfs later their population will drop and life in Azeroth will go on.

I remember that day.. Ah yes.. Day 1 of the Death Knight.. so.. many.. DKs.. And then that first Alterac Valley.. back when DKs could still rise from their death as a ghoul and fight till they explode.. The look that must have been on that mage's face as he was death gripped 5 times into our midst.. oh, the carnage.. the carnage.. I remember giggling maniacally.. Heh..

A few months later, and DK population dropped by 75% (estimated).. The same thing will happen with Demon Hunters..

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Any point in playing WoW other than trying the DH?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

The point of this was supposed to be...

With DH coming out. Is there a point in playing the outdated classes? 

What kind of question is this supposed to be?? What is "outdated"? They are all unique and fun to play. Yes, yes, .. DK feels much more powerfull and can survive nearly all compared to priest, yet I enjoy to play also priest maybe exactly because is so hard. As I enjoy to play ANY of my 11 alliance alts (+11 horde side as I'm altholic).
  • tanstaafl74tanstaafl74 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    @TheScavenger to address the first post, I don't think they'll be as powerful as you seem to think they will be. Mostly because for a few years DKs were so dominant in dps and tanking. It's for that reason that they'll leave the DH to be more run-of-the-mill. My prediction is that they will be a bit over powered upon release then nerfed within a couple months, but not as OP as the DK was when first released.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Personally, I can't wait to play beta and try DH tank. The only impact I see one more class to roll over the shared tier tokens. :)
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DK definitely wasnt unique to wow. Every RPG before WoW had DK's pretty much. Even like FF3/4 had a DK.
  • AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    if not for the story than because its cool.

• NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
    You are over reacting most players will keep playing the same class. While DK has a lot of players the most played class was not always or even often the DK, WoW census often had Paladins, rogues, and I believe at one time priest beating them out. I haven't checked WoW census in awhile and don't actively play but it isn't really relevant. 

I doubt I could find it and I'm not even going to look but years ago, before DK was first released a dev made an off-the-cuff remark about they where not sure how to make enough players try the new class and mentioned making them feel more powerful was a possible option. I suspect they did the same with monks, and will do the same with DH. It will launch above the power curve like the other classes and be leveled out to the other classes over time

Many players don't want to main a melee class, many won't leave their main for almost anything. While Almost every player will roll a DH just like almost every player has rolled a DK many won't play it actively and its high starting level will skew the WoW census to make it look more popular than it is. 

I don't play and probably won't but if I return I go back to my shadow priest and ignore the DH. I feel many would do the same. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So Illidan is gonna be the DH Class Trainer/whatever dude right?
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    @Albatroes I think he's going to pass along his Warglaives as the DH Artifact weapon, and then fade into the narration. Basically this expansion is about YOU becoming the ultimate class trainer, not some epic NPC.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809
    Blizzard has said that every spec for every class will have changes. Some will be completely overhauled and renamed.

So, we will have to wait till BlizzCon for more information about Demon Hunters and existing classes to see if they will make the others obsolete.

(Im guessing No)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Shodanas said:

It's going to be the DK story repetition. When the expansion hits everyone and his dog will run around with a DH. It is the new hero class with some cool stuff (warglaives) and one can't blame people for trying it out. A couple of patches and nerfs later their population will drop and life in Azeroth will go on.

Personally, i will try a DH tank but i am more curious about the melee spec my class, hunters, gets.

I'm also interested in seeing this Hunter melee spec.  It will be the first time I ever try a hunter.  Nothing against hunters, I just prefer melee dps and tanks.