Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge should you play? YES!!!

Comments

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Originally posted by Thane

yea and that's why 80% of the people never actually saw a REAL raid in WoW, but only LFR.

that's why most people will most likely NOT do pantheon wars in skyforge.

yet, those people keep claiming they "reached end content" in mmos, because they did the easy part (LFR random grps).

not my liking that approach.

That is their endgame. Don't see an issue with it.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444

It truly boggles the mind what f2p gamers expect and want out of their games. They are game hoppers and content locusts that the game companies enable by not charging them a penny. These same people want the very best game but if you ask them to pay a dollar they'll say their dollar is worth more then yours.

I just don't freaking get it.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by AriesTiger

There has to be gates or the f2p riff raff that game hop without spending a dollar on a game would get to max and be the usual content locusts that they are.

You don't need precognitive powers to realise that in the first hour you've played exactly what you'll be playing in your 1,000 hour.  If someone wants to pay for "more content" (AKA more of the same) they can knock themselves out as far as I'm concerned.  In the meantime I'll save myself 999 hours of mind-numbing instance grinding and keep looking for a game with some depth.  One day it might happen!  :D 

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

There has to be gates or the f2p riff raff that game hop without spending a dollar on a game would get to max and be the usual content locusts that they are.

You don't need precognitive powers to realise that in the first hour you've played exactly what you'll be playing in your 1,000 hour.  If someone wants to pay for "more content" (AKA more of the same) they can knock themselves out as far as I'm concerned.  In the meantime I'll save myself 999 hours of mind-numbing instance grinding and keep looking for a game with some depth.  One day it might happen!  :D 

Except that they said they'll take every aspect of WoW and instance it. This is open beta. They just barely started the god-mode pvp form.

Vanilla wow was garbage for the first year or so. Level 40 and 60 mounts. Non-linked battlegrounds. No battleground reward other then exp. No pvp stat. Etc., etc.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Except that they said they'll take every aspect of WoW and instance it. This is open beta. They just barely started the god-mode pvp form.

Vanilla wow was garbage for the first year or so. Level 40 and 60 mounts. Non-linked battlegrounds. No battleground reward other then exp. No pvp stat. Etc., etc.

If they are releasing it to EVERYONE and accepting payments its released, not an open beta. There is no testing going on. We are waiting for the russian content to be converted over. 

Vanilla WoW was not garbage for the first year or so. It had dramatically more content that was also immensely more diverse both in gameplay and style. 

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

It doesn't matter at all what WoW (or any other game) was like 10 years ago. Skyforge is competing and being judged against what's around today in terms of quality and content.

With the absence of fairly common (some would even say expected) features such as trading, crafting, armour equipping, the comparison does not go well.

To me, it's not a real mmo. More a hybrid - single player shooter mixed in with repetitive hub quests.

• Originally posted by CandyCaneNJ

My answer is NO!!! The gameplay mechanics are a game breaker for me. I quit because I'm not about to waste time and energy on a game where I strongly dislike it's main focus. If it had ALL classes or at least most of them available from the get go, half of the outrage wouldn't even exist. Grinding is annoying enough but grinding to unlock a class? You are insane. We start off with only 3 choices. So, a person has to play a class they might hate for weeks until they get to one they like?

Don't get me started on other things that annoy me. I'm positive if the developers don't adjust this game, open up classes, add downtime events, do something about the caps, the game will close down.

Outrage? Insane?

Do you understand the meaning of the words you use? 

Please watch Louis C.K.:Hilarious.

You overstate and exaggerate using the most extreme words possible. No one will take you serious.

• Originally posted by Dibdabs

Right, because if we've learned nothing else, at least we learned that the beginner area/first ten levels is exactly indicative of the entire game.

/endsarcasm

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    No healers, solo instances, no open world, locked classes, no trading... it's already a hard pass and that's before debating P2W. 

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by stio89

Although I heard the combat in it is very good, I'll pass for the same reason I passed on Aion and a few other mmo's. The character selection screen allows you to create absolutely stupid/weird looking characters that look completely out of place and break immersion. I wouldn't be surprised if there were players in it running around in ronald mcdonald costumes with samurai swords and ak-47's on their backs.

Some people like this sort of thing and think its funny, I prefer immersion.

This is so wrong. Just normal looking humans. About only thing outside the box to other char creators is a butt slider. So I have no clue where you got your info, its just not the case. 

Originally posted by Nilden
    No healers, solo instances, no open world, locked classes, no trading... it's already a hard pass and that's before debating P2W. 

1. Healers, there is no healers but there is support classes that mitigate damage and are needed

2. All solo instances scale to how many people you invite for both challenge and reward. Really the best teams based game I have played in a long time.

3. Many many open world maps you unlock some taking days to explore.

4. No clue what you mean by locked classes. 

5. Love the no trading in this game. I have not seen one gold seller. =-) 

6. No P2W here as well. There cash show is as tame as GW2. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Playing this game is like grinding your teeth on iron. If you really...really...i mean really enjoy repetition then this game is for you.

I gave up at 4k prestige. yes i know all MMOS have repetition but this game take it to whole new level. 

So yes you should play it if that is the kind of gameplay you are in. After a while you wouldn't even pay attention to what is going on the screen because your brain will turn into mush after the same thing over and over again.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

1. Healers, there is no healers but there is support classes that mitigate damage and are needed

2. All solo instances scale to how many people you invite for both challenge and reward. Really the best teams based game I have played in a long time.

Oh really? shall i post the library of screenshots for you in few hours with gold spammers having fun with spam?

Why people lie about obvious things i will never understand.

And there are not many many open world map. Actually handful of it. Anyone can see it through magnifying glass tab.

You are obviously trying too hard to sell this game.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Oh really? shall i post the library of screenshots for you in few hours with gold spammers having fun with spam?

And there are not many many open world map. Actually handful of it. Anyone can see it through magnifying glass tab.

Pls do, cuse they cant trade gold. They cant sell gold. Go ahead =-) And there is 10 open world maps and the higher your prestige the bigger they get. Last one I did took 4 play sessions to do everything on the map and I didnt explore every corner. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Originally posted by Scot
    How about giving it a year and seeing what it looks like after they have time to spruce the MMO up, add some content and so on? We are like new home owners that want to move in before the house has been painted and the garage added on.

All they'll add is, inevitably, more of the same.  The game won't fundamentally change.

I think you are right, but its just a good idea not to play at launch regardless. At least wait for a few reviews.

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by kuyanofda

there is a major point that needs to be addressed here. is it pay to win? is it free to play? the answer is yes and no.........

its pay to win because if you dont pay to subscribe, you are likely never to catch up to the people that are subscribing and dumping as many hours into the game as you.. they will forever have almost double your progression speed. 

is it free to play? yes..

now with both of those being said, as a free player, or a paying player, if you both have made it to lets say 15k prestige, one got there in 30 hours play time, the other 45-60 hours..... are both of the p2w and f2p characters on par with eachother? the answer is yes.. this game is weird because even if you arent p2w, it doesnt fucking matter.. you will likely never see the premium players.  the only way you are going to group with the premium members, is 1. you hardcore grind your f2p ass off.. or 2.. the p2w players are not logging enough hours to keep way ahead of the curve. .

THAT IS HOW THIS GAME WORKS.

There are caps on everything so that free players can progress just as much as paid players. Where the paid players can advance faster is by leveling up their provinces using holy texts which they can purchase. That being said, this will artificially boost their prestige making content significantly harder without giving them the other stats they need to handle it, imo.

They are limited in how much they can upgrade their chapels/temples. They are limited in how much they can upgrade their gear(gated by particles of mastery), etc...

Also, since people are matched by prestige, if they get to their cap or get to higher prestige faster than you... who cares?

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

And there are not many many open world map. Actually handful of it. Anyone can see it through magnifying glass tab.

How exactly are they selling gold when there is no trading in the game?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

You mean, WOW once used to be like a real MMO instead of a lobby based instance game it is now, and so many other games with it.?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Mors-Subita

How exactly are they selling gold when there is no trading in the game?

I saw a lot of gold sellers in Marvel Heroes for a while despite how there isn't even SUCH A THING AS GOLD in the game.  I suspect they were just trying to steal credit card information.

Not that this is the same case or not.  Just a possibility.  The Marvel Heroes sellers did eventually figure this out and changed their wares to something that was actually tradeable (and actually existed)

• Lebros89Lebros89 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by lebros1989
    Originally posted by kuyanofda

there is a major point that needs to be addressed here. is it pay to win? is it free to play? the answer is yes and no.........

its pay to win because if you dont pay to subscribe, you are likely never to catch up to the people that are subscribing and dumping as many hours into the game as you.. they will forever have almost double your progression speed. 

is it free to play? yes..

now with both of those being said, as a free player, or a paying player, if you both have made it to lets say 15k prestige, one got there in 30 hours play time, the other 45-60 hours..... are both of the p2w and f2p characters on par with eachother? the answer is yes.. this game is weird because even if you arent p2w, it doesnt fucking matter.. you will likely never see the premium players.  the only way you are going to group with the premium members, is 1. you hardcore grind your f2p ass off.. or 2.. the p2w players are not logging enough hours to keep way ahead of the curve. .

THAT IS HOW THIS GAME WORKS.

It's absolutely NOT pay to win actually. A subscriber gets a +50% bonus to sparks , credits and other currencies, but we all have the same cap. Premium will simply get you to that cap faster than a free to player will reach it. But if you started your character at the exact time as a subscriber started theirs, they will hit the cap sooner, but you will both have the same caps. Even if you don't reach your spark caps, it will carry over so you will forever be able to advance JUST as much as the subscriber. Basically being a subscriber just means you can put in less time to reach the cap.

THIS IS HOW THIS GAME REALLY WORKS.

Not true. When you pay you get a ton of argents. Argents are used to pay for slots on some of the atlas to make your character more powerful. They are used in other places as well with more on the way. 

THAT IS LITERALLY P2W

Argents literally cannot be used in either Atlas. So don't know what you're trying to refer to here. Clearly you haven't played this game. The only way argents could boost your character's prestige is by buying Holy Texts with them and using those to strengthen your Provinces, which non subscribers could just run dungeons for AND holy texts share a cap with currency for the week. So those have a cap as well. Hence my previous statement still stands. I'm not saying this game is everyone's cup of tea, it definitely isn't, but saying it's P2W in it's current state is 100% wrong.

So you haven't played it yet eh? Why pretend?

You must be fairly new to the game. You are wrong on a few things.

There are not many many open world maps. And none of them take even a day to explore. Not a single one. Unless maybe you are under powered....

Classes are locked until you unlock them. You get 3 free unless you purchase classes.

The game is p2w. If you pay for premium you double your earnings and progression. You also get premium currency which is used to apply things you've found to the atlas that improve your characters power for all classes. No premium currency means you can't apply those stones you picked up.

And there are not many many open world map. Actually handful of it. Anyone can see it through magnifying glass tab.

Pls do, cuse they cant trade gold. They cant sell gold. Go ahead =-) And there is 10 open world maps and the higher your prestige the bigger they get. Last one I did took 4 play sessions to do everything on the map and I didnt explore every corner. 

So 10 translates to many many? exaggerating i see.

And what difference it makes if they are not selling gold? you think there are not other currencies to spam with in regional chat? you are trying to make it look as if there are no gold sellers in game..just that they don't sell gold but other stuff.

Originally posted by madazz

So you haven't played it yet eh? Why pretend?

Pretend about what? that there is no spamming by gold sellers in game or that they are not 'many many' open world maps in game? gold sellers is the obvious terms used in MMORPG, ofcourse if you want to get technical there is no gold in game but that is not stopping these sites from setting up shop in Skyforge.

• CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87

So 10 translates to many many? exaggerating i see.

And what difference it makes if they are not selling gold? you think there are not other currencies to spam with in regional chat? you are trying to make it look as if there are no gold sellers in game..just that they don't sell gold but other stuff.