Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I come back?

2»

Comments

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Konfess said:
    If you had fun before you will have fun still.  If you can afford to play might as well play something worth the money.  Not much else worth spending money on out there. 
    Agree with this statement. Just try it maybe you well get into it again.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Well it depends on your taste, if you like to level up really fast, then WoW is currently all about that. Everything you do in this game gives you xp. When you reach TBC xpac zones cash start to flow in and it just does not stop after that, so no need to beg for gold in any main city.

Now if you want to only do end game stuff, well this is what you will end up doing in a very short amount of time and it will become boring, so you will level up another character asap to get off the boring stuff quick. Except if you like raids then at least once a week or twice depending how many raids you do, you will find it fun to play your high level character otherwise you will play your many alts.

I would wait till Legion but if you insist on starting now, the main game is cheap, then buy WOD for a free 90 character but don't use it right now, see if you wait when Legion will be available you will get with it a free level 100. So look at it this way (( 2 free boost, 1 with level 90 for the new class and 1 free level 100 for what ever character you want and to start end game content faster)).

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    edited September 2015
    Plain and simple, if you have to ask, you already know the answer to your question.

Is WoD worth coming back for?  NO.
    Is Legion worth coming back for?  NO.

Is WoW worth coming back to?  NO.

The game you played ended a long time ago.  It's not coming back.  What is left is not WoW but a game on life support refusing to pull it's own plug.  Sure it still makes a lot of money, but then you're not getting paid to play the game now are you?  You're paying to play.  Quite frankly, WoD was more of a patch than an expansion.  MoP was a mistake all around.  Cata was the end of WoW as we all knew it.

If you liked Cata, MoP, and WoD... you will love Legion.  If you hated them, you will hate Legion.

[mod edit]

All in all, the players aren't there anymore.  It's a solo game now.  If you like playing all by yourself, WoW is the ticket.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Same stock answer i always give to this question and that is that you really need to look at why you left the game in the first place and if it had anything to do with the core game, then there would be little point in returning as you will end up down the same dead end street.

Is Wow the same game it was several years ago, well, no of course it isn't and for all the pandering to the past, if the game hadn't moved on in any way what so ever in that time they would be facing just as much criticism as they are for making the changes they have. Can you please everyone, again, no of course you can't and you cannot cater for every taste.

You will see the standard comments from people who haven't played for years and have no idea of the what the game is actually like and you will see comments from people like me who have been there from the start and still going, but at the end of the day you have to look at why you played, why you stopped and make your decision based on that alone.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

And crafting got boned something fierce in WoD.  I hope they make crafting fun again in Legion and return some relevancy to it.

Pretty sure i read something recently about big changes to crafting coming for Legion.  Removal of the daily cooldowns for one.  
  • syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

cyricson said:
    Blizz really fucked up...really.
    This is why Blizzard often delayed expansions.....EQ used to release at least one a year and would lose players as they would get fed up at one point or another...Now that WoW is starting to get a few more expansions, all it takes is one bad one and people will move on.
    EQ only had one expansion that was genuinely poorly received (GoD).  Everything else had some detractors, but EQ kept growing pretty much up until the release of WoW/EQ2 and the steady of stream of new content is fantastic for retention.  WoW has established long periods of stagnation that have severely hurt it's retention.  Its also changed some of its core mechanics (talent systems, crafting) and especially its class mechanics far too often.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Pepeq said:
    Plain and simple, if you have to ask, you already know the answer to your question.

Is WoD worth coming back for?  NO.
    Is Legion worth coming back for?  NO.

Is WoW worth coming back to?  NO.

The game you played ended a long time ago.  It's not coming back.  What is left is not WoW but a game on life support refusing to pull it's own plug.  Sure it still makes a lot of money, but then you're not getting paid to play the game now are you?  You're paying to play.  Quite frankly, WoD was more of a patch than an expansion.  MoP was a mistake all around.  Cata was the end of WoW as we all knew it.

If you liked Cata, MoP, and WoD... you will love Legion.  If you hated them, you will hate Legion.

[mod edit]

All in all, the players aren't there anymore.  It's a solo game now.  If you like playing all by yourself, WoW is the ticket.
    Honestly, have to say it. This person landed it right on point. Nothing I can add to this. WoW does not equal WoW anymore. Honestly. I'd say if you want that WoW experience. Go play FF14.
  • Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386
    No

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242
    I've been considering coming back as well. Haven't played since MOP because it just felt so hollow. But recently I've been missing it lately. Admittedly it's kind of because of a silly reason. Been reading a lot of fantasy books E. M. Evans, R.A. Salvatore etc.) so I've been missing going back and doing some exploring like before.
  • zenarcade83zenarcade83 Member CommonPosts: 7
    I quit WoW (cold turkey too! lol) right before Mists and never looked back. Maybe I'm old fashion but I actually enjoyed the earlier contents challenges. There's so many other games out there that I've never regretted quitting WoW. Plus, it's been nice these past few years to see that thing outside called sunshine!
  • Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89
    For a long time, i thought Cataclysm was the worst crap Blizzard ever made...
    Then, they made an expansion that finished IN LESS THAN A YEAR, with the worst possible story ever made, filled with stupid cliches and cool characters turned into standup comedians - it's even worst than Pandashit... and i finally understood that, for me at least, WoW died with Wrath of the Lich King.

I have friends that sometimes ask me if they should play WoW, and i always say to them... DON'T. It's not only a pain in the ass to catch up with the current stuff, but also when you do, you will be severely dissapointed.

Last week i finished the legendary quest... so many Lord of the Rings ripoffs and obvious plot "twists"... made me wanna hurl.
    The worst part is that WoW is the best "MMORPG" out there. I guess that says a lot about the current gaming industry.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited September 2015
    cyricson said:

Classes are dumbed down to the skill lvl of a blind monkey masturbating.

I'm sorry,but even this monkey business requires more brain work and thought than the current class/build/rotations of WoW.
    Whenever I check the build page of my DK I feel like I'm Hodor staring at the emptiness  of a cow's eyes.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Honestly, depends. WoD is alright to level through, once or twice. Then it gets old. Endgame will make you want to quit again. But to each their own. I only bought the token last week so I could get flight, but I'll be quitting again til probably a couple of months before Legion to level up. Nothing to really do in WoW aside from the usually gear grind that has existed for expansions after expansions with the crafting getting worse and worse each expansion. If that's your thing, then go for it.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Wait for Legion.  I am.  No need to play a game that currently bores me in it's current state.  Legion is changing the things I don't like so I am excited for it, but for now, I'm not playing it or paying for it.  Giving that to good ole EQ2, TSW and SWTOR(next month) to tide me over till then.