Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your favourite zone in all the expansions

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Just answer and discuss

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Nagrand - Outlands.

Not only it was really very pretty, especially for outlands, but it had some cool kick ass stories in there, including an half orc/ half draenei blade master and the whole thing with Thrall coming home if you were horde. Add ridable talbuks to the mix, the Throne of the elements and even a demon hunter with a netherdrake to the mix and.. oh yeah.. crashed old space ship full of orc spirits and big ass giant guys going around and you have a pretty nice zone.

Since then we have had many areas that are pretty and cool, but Nagrand has a special place.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Unlike the many people who hate on MoP for its divergence from WoW's traditional appearance, themes, and lore and the lack of meaningful faction conflict, I think Pandaria is some of the most underappreciated MMORPG real estate out there.  For me, Valley of the Four Winds tops all expansion zones.  I spent almost three weeks traveling rural Southeast Asia about eight years ago, and so much about VotFW captures the atmosphere wonderfully.  I enjoyed the Lili-Chen adventure, and even farmville as my own little corner of the world of Azeroth had a certain charm to it that my garrison on Draenor didn't.  If my characters could settle down and retire anywhere in the game, it would be VotFW ... after eradicating those ****ing virmen, of course.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited August 2015
    Gormogon said:
    Unlike the many people who hate on MoP for its divergence from WoW's traditional appearance, themes, and lore and the lack of meaningful faction conflict, I think Pandaria is some of the most underappreciated MMORPG real estate out there.  For me, Valley of the Four Winds tops all expansion zones.  I spent almost three weeks traveling rural Southeast Asia about eight years ago, and so much about VotFW captures the atmosphere wonderfully.  I enjoyed the Lili-Chen adventure, and even farmville as my own little corner of the world of Azeroth had a certain charm to it that my garrison on Draenor didn't.  If my characters could settle down and retire anywhere in the game, it would be VotFW ... after eradicating those ****ing virmen, of course.
    Gormogon said:
    Agree Pandaria is very under-rated. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Durotar. XD
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
     I would have to say The starter Zone for the Night Elfs.

It was my first time playing the game back then 2006 and I didnt know what to expect. It was so epic to me watching my character load in for the first time and wondering around that area. It seemed so huge to me. I remember how surprised I was when i found the cave with the spiders inside. I dont think I had another experience like that first one. Very good times. 

nostalgiaaaaa come out and playyyyy ayyyyy
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,103
    Agreed with @klash2def when I think of WoW or if there is something that sums WoW up on one thought, it would be the entire Night Elf starting area.  Maybe it was because that was my first race to play (even as a Horde exclusive now) but the music, colors, art, sounds were on point in that area.
    /played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Tusken Village in SWG.  Met a lot of great players grinding out Teras Kasi Master in that village while waiting for the next spawn cycle.  It was before they put in vehicles so a player just ran a bunch of us out there to the little town next to the village.  

Really enjoyed the first starter town in Aion, Poeta.  The area was so well done and I enjoyed the quests and story lines so a lot,  I will never forget that area.

GW2, following a dynamic quest line that took a group of us across the zone and leveled me from something like 75 to 80. 

There were so many good times I could go on and on...but those stand out for some reason.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    If I had to pick 1...

Storm peaks - This zone is what i wish more zones were like when they decided to have flying. The scope of the area really shines making you feel so small flying through the mountaintops. It wasn't that greatest for questing (some good pockets here and there) but I couldn't care less with the experience I got out of being in the zone. Not to mention ulduar, one of the greatest raids of all time (IMO of course) rests there. It gives that feeling of some epic adventure flying through the area that few games manage to pull off.
  • MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    edited August 2015
    I am thorn between the original Stranglethorn Vale and Duskwood. Both were beautiful in different ways. The beautiful jungles and shoreline of STV vs the dark creepy atmosphere of Duskwood. Or maybe Ashenvale (again original one of course). Dunno...tough decision...
    Post edited by Multibyte on
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Burning Crusade, in WOW

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Ghost lands:)
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    Vanilla : Mulgore (thunder bluff included)
    TBC : Nagrand
    Woltk :  Grizzly Hills (music =) ) ,
    Cata : Uldum
    MoP : Jade forest
    WoD: Shadowmoon

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Silvermoon Forest - Cello music

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited August 2015
    Vanilla: Teldrassil and Moonglade
    TBC: Nagrand
    WotLK: Howling Fjord (beautiful zone with great music score).
    Cataclysm: Uldum
    MoP: Vale of Eternal Blossoms / Kun - Lai Summit
    WoD: Nagrand

• BryRobert22BryRobert22 Member CommonPosts: 5
    Vanilla: Teldrassil - The reason for this is because it was my first starting experience. I remember how crzy and grand the entire zone seemed to me and I'll never forget the feeling i had when I first played it. I also had trouble finding out how to get out into the rest of the world and once I did it was breathtaking

Burning Crusade: Zangarmarsh - No other zone captured this expansion better for me. It was just magical fighting my way through a marsh full of magical creatures and giant mushrooms.

Wrath of the Lich King: Grizzly Hills - This zone was breathtaking and just made me want to stay in it. By far my favorite zone in the entire game. I felt so cozy and at home and questing was so much fun in this zone. Wrath is by far my favorite expansion so it has my heart. I still go back sometimes to just sit at amberpine lodge and look out over the cliff deck.

Cataclysm: Deepholm - This zone was so unique to WoW in my opinion. It seemed so subterranean and magical at the same time. And the variation of different subzones and colors was really nice.

Mist of Pandaria: Krasarang Wilds - This zone seemed so large in comparison t every other zone in this expansion, and beyond that the terrain and atmosphere was so different than any other zone in WoW. Definitely underrated in my opinion and very beautiful.

Warlords of Draenor: Tanaan Jungle - I'm saying this zone because of the detail and the execution. The questiong hasn't been the best. But overall this zone is the zone I love to look at the most. Warlords is by far my least favorite expansion. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Ashenvale.  Crossing into Ashenvale from The Barrens was a memorable experience.  The music also added to the atmosphere.
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Ferales 
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited August 2015
    Vanilla : Ashenvale
    TBC : Eversong Woods
    Wotlk :  Howling Fjord / Icecrown (These two tied due to sheer majesty / menace)
    Cata : No comment (Not a big fan of the new zones or the environmental changes)
    MoP : Jade Forest
    WoD: Frostfire Ridge

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Grizzly hills. Music and story (quests) is what I like the most.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Has to be Nagrand TBC for me, not really anything to do with quests, I just liked the area for no particular reason. But from the original nothing beats Ashenvale's immersive atmosphere and the music. At the time it was the best thing ever!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628
    Silverpine Forest.  The original one, not the way it is now.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Zangarr Marsh or whatever it's called with the big mushrooms.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited August 2015
    Quite a few actually:

Barrens and Ashenvale - original one ofc. Don't like what they did with it in Cata really, atleast with Barrens.
    Hellfire - damn, I still remember that feeling when I entered it for the first time. And I wasn't a big fan of Warcraft franchise back then at all.
    Terokkar Forest
    Fjord and Grizzly Hills - especially Alliance landing site
    Deepholm

As for new expansions tbh new Nagrand was ok and new Shadowmoon too but neither really catched me this much. With previous content (especially vanilla and TBC) it was always like "oh dear, I have to go back there!" With recent stuff it felt to me just ok at the very best.
    Post edited by alterfenix on