Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legion - What's New for a Non-Raider?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I spend my raid time these days on EQ progression.  However, I'm sure I'll be drawn back to WoW for Legion.  They get me every time.

What new content is there for a non-raider/non-PvPer in the new expansion?  Have they released any details yet?

Thanks!

Comments

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Would like to know, other than doign the LFR i dont get into other raids. LFR's are the same but half teh boss mechanics are weakened. Items are lower too than normal raids, but if you carnt get into a normal raid then LFR is it, once ive geared in LFR's i tend to go, im done with this game, for now.

However i doubt i will be getting the next expansion, its just not worth it, buy expansion, but 2 months gametime card and done it all in about 1 and a half months. Why stay any longer. Wont take long for a player who stopped playign at classic/TBC to catch up, probably 2mths or just over, to get leveled and geared and ... oh done it all and quit.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

@MightyUnclean - Blizzard is just catering for players like you now.  Buy the expansion, get 3 months of subs from you - job done, they made their money and more.  They do little else between expansions these days - as little as possible.

It's all about the money to them and the sooner people stop feeding the moneky, they might pull their finger out and put some real effort in.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

I spend my raid time these days on EQ progression.  However, I'm sure I'll be drawn back to WoW for Legion.  They get me every time.

What new content is there for a non-raider/non-PvPer in the new expansion?  Have they released any details yet?

Thanks!

The usual... 

- A decent story

- a new class to level

- most likley new challenge mode maps

- more crafting

- LFD

- New Pet battles/Pets

- New hunter pets to collect if you are a hunter

Because you know. new raids are only new as far as their design.. mthey are still raids for the most part.. =) 

Anything new... as in really new never seen before... Not very likely. But that goes for PvE and its Endgame as well as PvP

This have been a good conversation

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

The problem with EQ progression is that it's trivial.  The content is so old that people can walk through it in their sleep.  They know where to farm all the best items.  All they raid starts are committed to memory at this point by most guild leaders, at least up to Tacvi or Anguish.  There is no fresh feeling about it, and it's annoying to start over from scratch when there are so many levels and AAs to grind.  I'm sure it can be a nice pastime and side project for some people, though.

The issue with WoW raiding is that the mid-tier raiding scene is all but dead.  It seems like the removal of dedicated 10M raiding had that effect, and people just started breaking guilds up to go to other guilds because of how the raids scaled.

EQ2 had a similar issue, right before the Age of Discovery Expansion Pack where they introduced some very difficult dungeons and raids and people just stopped logging in because they got frustrated or bored.

In any case, I'll probably join in when the Expansion Launches because it's an easy way to preroll and I was tired of my Warlock, anyways.  Can play a Hybrid Class like Priest or Paladin or maybe level up a Death Knight and try raiding on that for a bit.  If it doesn't work out, then I guess this genre isn't for me anymore cause there aren't any other games worth playing out there.  I've tried most of them.