Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW... Would you continue to play if...??

KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

If Blizzard committed to:
No less than 1 true expansion per year..
No less than 1-2 additional DLC per year.
1 new class or hero class every 2 years.

I've played since launch. Quit a million times.. re-subbed usually within 6 months.

I will typically quit if a new game catches my attention, but always seem to return.

For me, if they kept content fresh I would continue to play.. no question.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
Battle Station 

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

Introducing classes so often will create a balancing nightmare.  They're better off doing full revamps on the classes that already exist, and perhaps bringing them down to 2 specs like the Demon Hunter.  That way they are more focused and balance is easier to achieve across all the classes.

Then, perhaps introduce some much larger dungeons and maybe even some better solo content (i.e. Solo dungeons that aren't trivial) to the game as well.

I also think more loot treadmill outside of raiding would be kind of fun.  Quasi Diablo, if you will.  I dunno.  I feel like doing something to sort of break up the monotony of raid-only gear progression that is extremely linear would introduce a bit more fun to the game and give you more reason to play outside of raids (PvE-wise).

Can't really speak on PvP.  It's never honestly been something that I've really enjoyed or delved into outside of random BGs.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Unlikely.

Each expansion is  nothing new.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I see nothing wrong with playing more than one title at a time, quitting one for a while, and then going back. Nothing Blizzard or any other developer does determines how I feel that day, week, or month....I just will stop and eventually return normally without any problems of picking right back up where I left off. (except for TSW. That ability wheel stumps me every time).

So no, if blizzard had some predetermined agenda, and it was in stone, I still would do what I felt like was right at the time. /shrug

edit: What they could do is shake things up and add another faction, allowing some good RvR action going!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    No because their content is too easy they need something like TBC instances were.  Not 2 hour instances but 30 to 45 minutes where you need to pull each mob group carefully, you need a mix of dps and CC, your tanks each tank differently and healers heal differently and are better in different situations.  They need raids like Kara and ZA again.  They also need to either remove LFD/LFR or make these tools server only, the community has gone into the pot because of these tools. 
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 369

ive played since 2005 non stop and can honestly say that wow is fubar , i wont be buying the new expac and unless they make vannila servers i wont be playing it again, id rather play the original wow then what it is today. i dont like the talent systems, i dont like the faceroll aoe dungeons and raiding, i dont like how guilds work, people just join them for buffs and dont even speak in them, i dont like flying over content , i dont like porting to dungeons rather than using summoning stones,i dont like the wotlk onwards players that eem to have gate crashed teh party and refuse to leave, i dont like how you just sit around in garrisons all day , i dont like what they have done to professions and farming herbs etc useless, i dont like how hunters pets insta lvl and dont need feeding, i dont like almost everything new since  activision took over, the game is casual noob fest where everything is handed on a plate and kids think they are pro in a game that requires no skill, not even mythic is hard ....

lame game not worth playing anymore

i dont liek how armor is just rehased  stuff with a different colour, they cant even be bothered to make 2 different looking sets for pvp and pve....  lazy shitty devs that make ugly looking stuff and  ruined teh game

• Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229

WoW would still be my game if, 

a.) No Garrisons - Just did not like the 'facebook' style of it.

b.) Better Character Developement, the talent overhaul they did a few years back I just hate it.  I understand why they did it but during leveling only getting one option ever 15 levels gets so boring.

c.) End game was more than a gear grind.  I don't think the gear treadmill is bad but it would be nice if it was something more than that.   

d.)  if they added more than just 'gear' progression it would help solve their problem with content updates.  The last few expansions have had rediculous waits for more content.  I think if I'm not wrong it was over a year between the Siege of Ogrimmar patch and WoD.  Which I'm sorry for a company making as much money as they do that seems obsurd.  Even if they could manage to keep up with every 5-6 months for content patches I would be happy.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    No. It's not about the amount of content, at least to me it isn't. The game I got hooked on ended with WotLK, it just took me a long time to recognize this.
  • Xion1985Xion1985 Member UncommonPosts: 229
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    No. It's not about the amount of content, at least to me it isn't. The game I got hooked on ended with WotLK, it just took me a long time to recognize this.

I think alot of people feel that way because a lot of us played WoW to see Arthas and to see that story finished up.  So I definitely understand that sentiment.  I still enjoy parts of the game, it really hasn't been the same since WOTLK.  Illidan is my favorite character in the entire franchise but he's dead.  I kind of think he should stay that way.  

I do think in terms of keeping people interested content is a good idea.

Originally posted by Xion1985

I think alot of people feel that way because a lot of us played WoW to see Arthas and to see that story finished up.  So I definitely understand that sentiment.  I still enjoy parts of the game, it really hasn't been the same since WOTLK.  Illidan is my favorite character in the entire franchise but he's dead.  I kind of think he should stay that way.  

Well for me it ended when WotLK came. My SV hunter was killed and replaced with an abomination and dungeons didn't require me to freezing trab two mobs anymore for the duration of fights. It just became easy and sleep inducing. I get what you are saying though.

Also, OP.  What do you mean with that 1-2 additional DLC per year bit? How can anyone be willing to accept DLC in an MMO, much less a sub MMO. As much as I enjoyed ESO I  never returned after B2P because those fucks are putting price tags on content patches.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Bs about not returning after it went B2P, if you enjoyed it you could have went right on paying dubs and getting the dlc for free.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Well for me it ended when WotLK came. My SV hunter was killed and replaced with an abomination and dungeons didn't require me to freezing trab two mobs anymore for the duration of fights. It just became easy and sleep inducing. I get what you are saying though.

Also, OP.  What do you mean with that 1-2 additional DLC per year bit? How can anyone be willing to accept DLC in an MMO, much less a sub MMO. As much as I enjoyed ESO I  never returned after B2P because those fucks are putting price tags on content patches.

Cata....that is all...

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Bs about not returning after it went B2P, if you enjoyed it you could have went right on paying dubs and getting the dlc for free.

I'm not going to support that shit. I'm not even going to be another free player for subs to interact with so the population feels high. There are other games I can play that aren't trying to pull this crap.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by doodphace

Cata....that is all...

Same for me

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

The game was always ok, but the community drove me out.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Blizzard has WoW in milking stage for a very very long time now.

A few bad expansions and i totaly lost interest and i played from 2004 to 2012....

Blizzard need to make a new mmo with WoW's ambition and need to take a deep good look at what made Vanila such a great succes....

It was the community and server pride, no cross realm crap be it pvp or pve.

I wont ever play WoW again, but would Blizzard make a Starcraft mmo then i be back in a heartbeat.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

I'm not going to support that shit. I'm not even going to be another free player for subs to interact with so the population feels high. There are other games I can play that aren't trying to pull this crap.

its a variation of a payment model, nothing more.   Emo over the payment model is a bit 2005, we have moved on from that now that we have seen fair models and the 'fear' has gone.   A sub game that releases little content is worse than a cash shop game based game because ultimately I can play the latter for free.  For example I pay sub for ESO because i get value for money out of it, I play GW2 for free and buy stuff from the cash shop if and when i feel like i should pay a little.

If a player enjoys a game then they are not going to boycott it, that's dramatic hyperbolic forum nonsense. The real reason they left is usually that they didnt enjoy the game - right?

As for Blizzard, reducing the number of  patches while charging the same money is a con, you are simply paying for patches that have been rolled up to reduce the development cost and time for an expansion.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Krimzin

I've played since launch. Quit a million times.. re-subbed usually within 6 months.

I will typically quit if a new game catches my attention, but always seem to return.

One expansion every two years would be fine if they actually knew how to pace content rather than their typical style where you get a ton of content in the first year then zero for the second year. 

Having all you gear become worthless and starting over from zero (which happens every expansion) every year isn't super appealing either.

I assume the DLCs will replace the subscription fee?  That's quite a bit less money for Blizzard, don't see that happening.  DLCs on top of subscriptions?  No thank you.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Krimzin

If they would ditch the insta gratification content like, insta travel, insta zoning to raids+dungeons/other zones, world flying, meeting stones, lobby based game and introduce meaningful world pvp and old AV instead of the race it is now, I just might.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Enjoyed WoW up to the end of WotLK.  The zones were great and immersive, from the moment you landed, it was just a beautiful world and things seemed to work well.  Cataclysm onwards was pure crap and Garrisons have totally broken the game.  Lazy devs created a land mass in WoD that was pretty devoid of anything interesting.  There are so many rocks/mountains etc that you can't visit half of it and it's just space-filler to make the map seem bigger.

Blizzard got lazy and just suck the cash from the player now.  I quit a while ago but I live in hope that someone at Blizzard will get told to fix it all at some point and really listent to the players.  Seems like they only read Jean Luc Picard's posts and think the game is perfect.  Obviously he's a Blizzard employee!

If I was running the game and taking a real interest in it, I'f want the Devs to get adding in dynamic content on a weekly basis, making things happen, live the boring event-fests that repeat the exact same thing every years (geez they can't even be bothered to change the questions in Hallows end and the Winter Veil stuff).

Because WoW had millions of customers, it really had the potential to keep them by keeping the game alive, updating it, patches on a regular basis, more interesting content etc - Blizzard can afford it, they just don't care enough.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Darksworm said:

Introducing classes so often will create a balancing nightmare.  They're better off doing full revamps on the classes that already exist, and perhaps bringing them down to 2 specs like the Demon Hunter.  That way they are more focused and balance is easier to achieve across all the classes.

Hopefully won't happen. They have done already enough damage to class system with MoP. No need to hit it further.

Then, perhaps introduce some much larger dungeons and maybe even some better solo content (i.e. Solo dungeons that aren't trivial) to the game as well.

Could be good. On the other hand there is already BRD with like what, 18 bosses? And when it was the last time when you found a group that wanted to do it all (+ quests in there)?

I also think more loot treadmill outside of raiding would be kind of fun.  Quasi Diablo, if you will.  I dunno.  I feel like doing something to sort of break up the monotony of raid-only gear progression that is extremely linear would introduce a bit more fun to the game and give you more reason to play outside of raids (PvE-wise).

Can't really speak on PvP.  It's never honestly been something that I've really enjoyed or delved into outside of random BGs.

Honestly things are:
    1. No flying mounts, no gliding shit in battlegrounds.
    2. LFR, normal, heroic, mythic. What's next? Godlike? LFR should be the one in place of flexible / 10 man, there was no need to introduce anything else.
    3. RBG - some may like it. The way it appears to me is this elitist stuff in WoW pvp. Definitely there should not be gear RBG only the way it is now. If feature is so good then people will do it anyway, otherwise no point in keeping it alive.
    4. Premades should not be matched against pugs. Just one of many examples how so called WoW'w fair fights in battlegrounds are just a myth (add gear issues to the list and you get the picture).
    5. Rift's PvP ranks - good example of how some issues may be resolved. Level cap newcomers should not be matched against vets with full RBG gear. Ever.
    6. Stop messing around with gear really. Every time I come back to WoW it is getting worse. It's not even heirlooms anymore.

Seriously even 1-2 of those points could be a game changer for better easily.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Class change like Thrall.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Since World of Warcraft has my favorite fantasy lore in mmos i would resub more often if they kept content fresh. I dont play for dungeons or raids, i play for the lore.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429
    Long answer:

The problem is the game is only as big as its latest expansion so no, i wouldn't buy their annual expansion and few patches with an option to get free almost-max-lvl-character. New classes would work if the old content was even remotely meaningful to play through yet again but alas, that's not the case.

At this point the only way to get me subscribe is to revamp the whole game, remove dungeon and raid finders, bring back talent trees, ditch pet battles and transmogrifications, redesign all classes, etc. So basically they should make an entirely new game, which will never happen.

Short answer:

No!
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Nope, none of those commitments are related to the things I want. As deniter said above, it's way more about the content that is there now, than the expected content to come, or lack thereof.

It would require a rollback of so much of the game that it would basically recreate the game.

Also, even if they did that, I still might not play, as I've found basically that game with extra better things, like interesting lore, group focus, free, lowfi so i can record, all kinds of bonuses.

So ultimately, no, I'd never go back.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited November 2015
    sketocafe said:

I would like to see content patches which equal ESO's DLCs worth of content..Not to mention the quality..Not happening..And what exactly is there between WoD and Legion? 1 content patch (6.2), that didn't even give half the content of Orsinium's DLC lol..Not to mention the difference in quality..Yet it's 270$ (18 months subscription) against 20$. 

Even if you think of them as content patches, you can just sub and don't have to worry about it anymore. Seriously there is just no comparison, Blizzard is the one that's being greedy here. ZOS has actually one of the best and friendliest business models in this genre.