Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling it now: Legion will be the last WoW expansion

12346»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I don't flame bait.

Ya'll are just really, really stupid if you think that. 

Man, this site has gone from bad to even fucking worse.

Don't even know why I bother with this cesspool.

Don't agree with me? Fine. Tell me why, and don't use the same boring, stupid, emotional "arguments" repeated by the ignorant masses over and over again. They aren't right, they add nothing.

You think WoW is going to continue on forever with expansion after expansion milking the P2P model until the last subscriber's credit card is declined?

Great.

You're wrong, but great! Good for you!

While you're at it, keep buying every overhyped POS ever released, rate it a 10/10 and then come back in a week and change your review to 1/10. 

Keep powerleveling to max level in a week and then complaining about a lack of content.

Even better, keep throwing your money at garbage kickstarters promising a "return to the classic ideals that made MMOs great!" and keep backing ffa pvp gankfests and WONDER why this genre is dying.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong. At least I can explain why, the reason behind my predictions and the logic behind my conclusions.

Attack the post, not the poster. Do so with intelligence or don't even bother. Keep your moronic babble to yourself.

Man seriously, fuck this place. 

The community here aint what it used to be. All the smart gamers have moved on.

Guess it's time for me to follow suit. 

Live long and prosper - and unlike in Star Trek III, Spock isn't coming back. 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by reemi

You are aware that is not even remotely close to how it works, right? 

There are so many more pieces to the equation than # of sales x price and # of subs x cost of 1 mo sub.

Same for creating a new game.

Destiny cost at least 150 Millions to develop. If they sales for 500 Millions, the profit should be around 300 Millions...

300 Millions and now they have to pay for small services, small servers, and they wasted years to develop that. At least 3 years... so If you stop it now, you made only 100 millions each year with that game. 

WoW = same profit every expansion with less developping cost, and LOT of money from subs/shop/etc...

There is no need to guess how much revenue WoW generates; it is included in the financial filings. Estimates for this years revenue vary but $500M seems to be favourite. That is revenue not profit.

Destiny cost Activision "nothing" to develop; Activision did a deal with Bungie. Activision will make less as a result but it will also cost them less and there is less risk - it's a business thing; they are basically leveraging their size, publishing and marketing position. Once the deal was inked Destiny was delivered in less than 2.5 years. Activision "announced" that it would be "another" billion dollar franchise and having sold 20M in under a year that seems likely. It has already paid for itself. No sub of course but a charge for new content.

So higher profit from $500M or whatever the final number is - with higher risk and higher costs; or lower profit on $X, assumed to be $1B+ with lower risk and lower costs.

There is nothing "flawed" in BadSpock's suggestion. The point I differ on is that I believe that Activision Blizzard will bleed every $ they can out of the game. And a few more expansions are, imo, a part of that; and if they are "fast and dirty" expansions so be it. I also differ in that I sense that there is a "belief" in management that the film will "provide a big enough bump" to prolong the final bell. I'm not sure it will but maybe. I do agree though that they will all be aware of life cycle models and will know that the end is coming. You can tell from the conference call; WoW is being down played.

This discussion has been closed.