Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gazillion is out of Ideas for the game since month....

PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

Cosmic Midtown / Industry Patrol / a few simple Raids is all for Endgame players..

Normal / Heroic / Superheroic Modes... repeat the same stuff over and over again until 60 .....

> NO reasonable new content since month

> Endless new heroes to do the same old content over and over again 

> Added OMEGA grind to keep players busy

> Horrible designed new Heroes like Vision or Ant Man

> Horrible reviews of old Heroes like Punisher, he got even worse

> Adding pointless gamebreaking and even bugged content like a COSMIC TRIAL which locks out many players even with good gear

> Memory Leaks not fixed since Beta, the game is becoming slower and slower the longer played for many

> Marvel heroes still has no Endgame its all about re-leveling the same heroes over and over

> New Heroes created Overpowered to sell them better and short after the $$$ flown, Nerf them hard

> Doom & Loki both released very strong and fun were castrated after they brought enough Profit

Marvel Heroes was once a challenging game, today it has turned into a joke because everything dies under 1-2 seconds

Leveling  Hero from 1 to 60 is possible in 2 hours... why ?? oh why ??

GAZ ruined this nice game by reacting to all the whiners and crybabies by making this game easier and easier...

Uniques are dropping all the time meanwhile

Cosmics which were something special once had been turned into garbage...

Purple Drops .... why dont they just remove them ? honestly

2 Years later and the most players are still in Midtown or Industry Patrol as if nothing happened at all....

And the Forum Moderators are kicking critical constructive veteran players which are getting more and more from the forum..

GAZ has extremly dissapointed me by showing and profing often enough that they dont care about player opinions and are mostly looking for the maximum Profit $$$....

(bad english sorry) 

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

This is old News really.

All their spam mails I have gotten from them the past year + has nothing been but selling new heroes.

I have yet to see a spam email announcing actual New content. Hence, why I don´t bother playing this game.

All they are doing is cashing in on creating and selling new heroes. That´s it.

And people continue on praising these Free to Play crap games. /facepalm

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by JeroKane

This is old News really. All their spam mails I have gotten from them the past year + has nothing been but selling new heroes.I have yet to see a spam email announcing actual New content. Hence, why I don´t bother playing this game.All they are doing is cashing in on creating and selling new heroes. That´s it. And people continue on praising these Free to Play crap games. /facepalm

nice to see there are some reasonable people left on this planet.

i expected a Fanboi flood trying to deny everything i wrote.
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Online games, especially PVE lead free to play games seem to operate with the following things in mind.

Firstly attract whales, these are the free to play players who put thousands of Dollars/Pounds/Euros what ever a month into the game, and I do mean thousands, not a hundred quid package a month but thousands, every free to play game has a share of these.    Keep these players happy by adding "exclusive" stuff to your cash shop, if its done by lock boxes then thats all the better since they get the "Thrill" of finding that ultra rare item that appears in about 1 out of every 1000 boxes.

Second, account for churn, the vast majority of MMOs these days understand that the audience switches games on a regular basis, the average player will play a new mmo for 2-3 months before moving on, but here is the important part.  If they have played it once they are likely to come back in the future when they are bored, the chance of this happening increases by a huge amount if that player has A played for more than 2-3 hours in their first sitting and B if they dropped money on the game.

Finally, get that first purchase, studies have shown that its 10 times easier to get some one to make a second purchase than it is to get them to make a first.

Gazillion are simply aware of their market, action RPGs are transitory games that most of the player base plays for a short blast then leaves and comes back.  While new content creates a surge in players, Gazillion dont need to do this, as Marvel movies generate all the hype and visibility they need so they just need the framework they have and they will attract people.

Its a shame, as the game is fun for a while, but like any game, without new stuff to do it loses its appeal, but for everyone who gets bored and leaves, you can be sure there is some one who watched the latest Marvel movie and then saw the Gazillion ad and thought "Wow cool, I can be DeadPool / Starlord / Wolverine" and got their credit card out.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

The only update i will care about is the one that will say they are working on a PS4 port.

Come one Brevs, we know you want it. I want it too.

• tuccostuccos Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Kothoses

Online games, especially PVE lead free to play games seem to operate with the following things in mind.

Firstly attract whales, these are the free to play players who put thousands of Dollars/Pounds/Euros what ever a month into the game, and I do mean thousands, not a hundred quid package a month but thousands, every free to play game has a share of these.    Keep these players happy by adding "exclusive" stuff to your cash shop, if its done by lock boxes then thats all the better since they get the "Thrill" of finding that ultra rare item that appears in about 1 out of every 1000 boxes.

Second, account for churn, the vast majority of MMOs these days understand that the audience switches games on a regular basis, the average player will play a new mmo for 2-3 months before moving on, but here is the important part.  If they have played it once they are likely to come back in the future when they are bored, the chance of this happening increases by a huge amount if that player has A played for more than 2-3 hours in their first sitting and B if they dropped money on the game.

Finally, get that first purchase, studies have shown that its 10 times easier to get some one to make a second purchase than it is to get them to make a first.

Gazillion are simply aware of their market, action RPGs are transitory games that most of the player base plays for a short blast then leaves and comes back.  While new content creates a surge in players, Gazillion dont need to do this, as Marvel movies generate all the hype and visibility they need so they just need the framework they have and they will attract people.

Its a shame, as the game is fun for a while, but like any game, without new stuff to do it loses its appeal, but for everyone who gets bored and leaves, you can be sure there is some one who watched the latest Marvel movie and then saw the Gazillion ad and thought "Wow cool, I can be DeadPool / Starlord / Wolverine" and got their credit card out.

well said.

i fully agree.

I have played Marvel Heroes too and spent like $50 in 2 years for it. I had some month interruption inbetween these 2 years though.

I am out of ideas with my 45 level 60 heroes too.

Gazillion seems to milk the cow on the easiest way possible by just adding new heroes instead new content.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515
     It is a great, well done game for what it is. But the OP is not wrong. I love Marvel Heroes personally and would recommend it, but primarily to ARPG fans who like marvel. But it isn't City of Heroes. It isn't suited to be a hardcore primary MMO.
  • TechnoPandaTechnoPanda Member UncommonPosts: 18

The game's not for everyone. I can see completionists having a good time with the achievements/gearing/prestiging/leveling and fanboys enjoying or waiting for their favorite characters. But it really gets old quickly. What's the point of releasing new heroes when your players are limited to what they can do with them once they get to 60? The optimization for this game also sucks. This was my main game when I got back into PC gaming and I thought performance issues was because of my crappy laptop/connection. Then I started playing other games and realized it was MH2015, not me.

I think I dropped about $120-$180 (luckily it was just Steam/Amazon gift cards won in giveaways and wasn't real money) in costumes and FC cards during the time it was my main game hoping they would add new raids every few months but apparently 2 was enough. I was pleasantly surprised at the real life money that some of the artifacts in this game and my account was able to generate considering the state of the endgame and game in general and the fact that a lot of good artifacts drop like candy during the right events. I was able to recuperate all the money I invested in the game (and then some) and used the extra money to pay for a new gaming laptop in full.

I still play the game from time to time, but only during the best events now and not for fun, but more as a side job as an "artifact hunter" on the weekends. It's also mildly entertaining to see the lengths that some of the hardcore people in the community will go to to defend Gaz and the game.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I got completely bored with the game during the Anniversary event (Granted I have 1200 hours played so they have that going for them).  It offers a lot to new players, but it has specifically avoided the competitive/hardcore segment of the market.  They've also not grown the game in areas I think they are drastically lacking in.  They did get at least $150 from me this year though I believe.

This is their trend on Steam over the last six months

http://steamcharts.com/app/226320#6m

This is their one year status:

http://steamcharts.com/app/226320#1y

In my opinion the game has more than enough heroes and patrol zones.  In order for me to spend more money they'll need to add must have costumes to existing heroes or step up their game.  the modes they've announced they are adding aren't really going to be enough and there are some very intriguing ARPGs on the horizon.

The massive advantage of omegas and the grindy nature of accruing them is probably the biggest reason I lost interest.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This was my main game for about a year 1/2 but imo they've lost their way.

The decisions they've made in the past 8 months finally got me to just not log in anymore.

It really started feeling too much like an app game with everything they've done recently imo.

• peterliewpeterliew Member UncommonPosts: 13
    i still playing haha
  • sohaichamsohaicham Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Dont like dont play lol