Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 2 housing

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048

I spent easily 2 over hours looking at houses in Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin then got on my evil toon  and went to Neriak, Freeport and Gorowyn on my old server just running around and being astounded by player imagination. I did not even get a chance to go to Maj'Dul the neutral housing for both evil and good races.There is nothing like creativity that is nurtured and left to grow into this enormous well of talent and inspiration that is EQ 2 housing.

This sites

http://www.eq2designgallery.com

http://eq2decorators.com/index.php

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-consolidated-norrathian-homeshow.447651/

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g9&menustr=070000000000

Just look at the wealth of options available on just flooring and walls and the number of things you can put inside each home and placement that enables you to turn and position them in any position including midair to create lofts and attics in high ceiling homes. There is also the possibility of decorating the outside of houses.

Picture

Picture

Picture

I know the fact the housing is instanced is a big turn off for most people but the sheer number of options and availability of multiple shapes and positioning is perhaps in such an old game brought about by the very fact that it is instanced. I do not think you could in 2004 give this many opportunities for complete freedom of placement without instancing.

I know for sure I am one of those people who can be completely engrossed in this aspect of a game. I don't know what it is but this game has completely drawn me back in and I played for 9 hours on my new Inquisitor so far in 2 days and am Level 8 adventuring level and level 10 crafting on Stormhold. I'm poor as a church mouse but when I got my 2 room in Halas my heart sang. It looks bare.

Picture

Picture

But that window looking out on the floating ice just made my heart sing. I know it will take me ages to fill this 2 storey, 2 room house but damn it I am excited as hell.

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048

I had sincerely wanted to make a carpenter but I found that I needed a sage for my priest spells. I am seriously thinking of creating an alt but not another priest class to turn into my carpenter for the housing. 

How is the coercer or illusionist ?

Chamber of Chains
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by cheyane

I had sincerely wanted to make a carpenter but I found that I needed a sage for my priest spells. I am seriously thinking of creating an alt but not another priest class to turn into my carpenter for the housing. 

How is the coercer or illusionist ?

Both excellent classes, very useful in groups too.  I would google difference between coercer and illusionist for some threads written over the years talking about both.

EQ2 housing is the best in the MMORPG genre, hands down.  I suggest taking a look at the city merchants in your cities and seeing the various housing items you can eventually purchase.  Remember, hold control and left click items to preview them, to help with decorating ideas.  Many quests offer housing items as well and there are tons of quests in the game.  

If you need a guild, look for Elocke, Trouth, Dooya or FamousAmos and send us a tell for invite.  We're casual but plan to do everything.  We also do Heritage Quests and general questing together as well as dungeons.  We've got a ton of crafters and everyone serious in the guild has access to a mats depot where we give and take mats and books to help with crafting.

This goes for everyone else as well.  Guild name is Crusaders of Chaos.  I know, shameless plug, but hey, gotta get EQ2 back on people's radars. 

Yes I have checked the two classes but both sound very interesting I like that the Coercer reminds of the EQ1 enchanter so much more especially the bit about the pet turning on you. It brings back memories of Everquest and a bit of hurt in my chest along with the memories of friends that no longer play this genre.

I am a housewife but two classes and 2 crafts will be too much and I might not be able to enjoy the game well enough before people vote for the unlock of the expansion so I am better off concentrating on one class. I know I am letting myself down about this one aspect but I am hoping to when I have enough money to pick and choose the pieces I can buy from the auction house. Thanks for the tip about the control +left click I did not know about that and I will check your guild out.

I had no inkling how addictive this new server would be it kinda caught me by surprise and my other game Skyforge got tossed as I simply got no time left and I am tired too. 

Chamber of Chains
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956

Yes I have checked the two classes but both sound very interesting I like that the Coercer reminds of the EQ1 enchanter so much more especially the bit about the pet turning on you. It brings back memories of Everquest and a bit of hurt in my chest along with the memories of friends that no longer play this genre.

I am a housewife but two classes and 2 crafts will be too much and I might not be able to enjoy the game well enough before people vote for the unlock of the expansion so I am better off concentrating on one class. I know I am letting myself down about this one aspect but I am hoping to when I have enough money to pick and choose the pieces I can buy from the auction house. Thanks for the tip about the control +left click I did not know about that and I will check your guild out.

I had no inkling how addictive this new server would be it kinda caught me by surprise and my other game Skyforge got tossed as I simply got no time left and I am tired too. 

Don´t be dissapointed. There are many in similar shoes, like me. Full time job, being father, Family, etc. I can only focus on one character/class in each MMO I play. Just don´t have the time anymore to create Alts.

Just a question on the shared bank .Can you share it with an opposite faction toon and both use the market board at the same time. I recall I had to get two EQ 2 accounts when I had houses in both factions because I could only sell on the AH with one character. So if I have two characters on the server one evil and one good can they share the bank and be on the market board at the same time ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Just a question on the shared bank .Can you share it with an opposite faction toon and both use the market board at the same time. I recall I had to get two EQ 2 accounts when I had houses in both factions because I could only sell on the AH with one character. So if I have two characters on the server one evil and one good can they share the bank and be on the market board at the same time ?

Shared bank is server/account based.   So any and all characters of yours on that server can use those shared bank slots.  The market board is unique to each character and all factions can see each others sales.  I've got 2 characters right now, evil and good and have been sharing some of my collectibles I've found.  Both can use the broker.  Perhaps those "lockouts" were during the early days of the F2P system and aren't in now.  Beside, have to sub to even play on the new server, thereby eliminating any "lockouts", thankfully.

Okay thank you. I never played the f2p version I played when game launched then quit for awhile played WoW and then came back to EQ 2 may be in 2006 so that was when I had my crazy crafting going on and I grew tired of the crafters and this game was no click one and make "number" of items so the crafting was really taking a toll. 

I will consider making an evil toon as my carpenter when the Inquisitor I have now is level 50 or so. Then I might have the cash to make it a level 10 adventurer a crafter.

Chamber of Chains

I do have characters on Unrest server from 8 years back or so and some were around level 70.

Anyway I made some stuff that was artisan skill before I specialized and became a scholar then sage and took a screenshot of the great view from my house.

Chamber of Chains

I agree Torval compared to the small rooms in the racial neighbourhood that was claustrophobic and very limited this place is huge.

Best thing though about playing on a new server the crafted are cheap in comparison to how much they were when I last played. I realised I can buy whatever I want off the broker and decorate .Of course the real nice pieces with rares will be understandably expensive but with the huge variety in the items available I'm simply spoilt for choice. (what the hell is the matter with this stupid spell check have you never heard of the past participle of spoil as spoilt )

Anyway I am leveling very slowly since I am keeping my spells at expert and my crafting is higher and I am only level 14 but I am very satisfied with my progress as every time I actually 'ding' I am pleased. For some people the progress must be too slow but I do not feel that it is.

Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have a lady friend who did an incredible job with her simple Ahlas home,i was truly amazed ,i just stood in there and stared at it for a long time.They sort of limit your ability with the architecture but seems many people are just really good at getting around that.

It is truly a great addition to the game,it is the reason i scoffed at WS's housing that looked cartoony and imo awful.People should understand that some things in games can NEVER look good cartoony,something like housing is the perfect example,people like that stuff to look really good,including the furniture inside....just like REAL LIFE !!!.

It is likely one of the reasons Blizzard has not to this day added it even though they stole pretty much every other idea from EQ2.They simply feel that with Warcraft graphics they could not do housing any justice,it would look cartoony and imo subpar.That and of course Blizzard is just real cheap,they figure why make a game better if they don't have to.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I should add although i don't remember off top of my head but some people were able to glitch through the walls and build additional space outside the perimeter into that floating ice.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I am not big on decorating .All the decorative things I swear were bought by my husband .I actually got mad at the amount he paid for some stupid carpet. The only thing I bought was a sword  when we were in Spain ,there is famous place they make great swords so I bought that. The people on the bus with us thought my husband got it and he completely disenchanted them with tales about my comic collection and how I had wanted that sword. 

But both in Everquest 2 and Vanguard I became a fiend crafting like mad with every crafter and had to give Vanguard up because I got carpel tunnel you will understand why if you played Vanguard. I sit there and look at the stuff I made and arrange it this way and that and I think its an obsession honestly . I always end up quitting from this pain or ache or absolute weariness of too many crafters.

Thanks Wizardry for the glitch suggestion and I shall attempt a glitched extension.image

Chamber of Chains
  • asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I always wished Haven (the rarely seen city for exiles) had housing. But I guess Haven was never intended as a stopping point. But I would have lived there in exile happily.

Today after having no courage to check out my old home the one that used to draw many compliments from buyers visiting my home and then it was not even possible to rate the house since there was no system in place for that like there is now. I finally paid my upkeep and walked into my 4 room in 15 Lucie Street in Qeynos and was floored.

I cannot even begin to think how many hours I must have put in both crafting and questing to accumulate these things. Not going to lose it again so indulge me while I post the screenshots.

Chamber of Chains
    edited August 2015
    This is the upstairs bedroom with a fireplace I built using bookcases and other furniture. A huge display of Lucan D'Lere and Antonia Bayle

Chamber of Chains
    edited August 2015
     This is an open yard where I created a false floor and had like a desert tent set up on the false floor. It had a barbecue and stairs and a fountain.

Chamber of Chains
  • Arcane4176Arcane4176 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Yep was an awesome game back when i played and it didn't have the cash shop or F2P model..
  • DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258
    No doubt EQ2 is the best possible example of instanced housing. At least they didn't instance the entire housing zone like LOTRO. I haven't played in a while but its the one thing I prob miss the most.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110
    I love the big house in Neriak that over looks the caste on its upper lv deck. I am playing on the Time locked server so getting the plat and half is a bit costly.  Since these servers don't have a guild hall, most bigger guilds have turned a persons house per guild into a guild hall. Our guild leader has bought depos to act as guild vaults.

Something Awful this way comes.

It is so sad that I cannot go back and play this character that owns this house that I put so  much time in. I think the server is quite dead and I am now playing on the TLE server so have no wish to go and play on the other server but my heart breaks when I think of all the work I put in and that I have now been forced to neglect and throw away. Still it was awesome back then and this was before Kingdom of Sky expansion I think it was only Desert of Flames back then.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I am impressed by the effort people put into their houses. EQ2 definitely shows what instanced housing can offer. 
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    edited August 2015
    I missed a few angles and I also left the whole cellar out. Many of these pieces I crafted with a level 63 carpenter. I especially loved the music boxes. I wonder if they are still in the game any more or they no longer are available in any form. The thing is you have to really love this aspect of housing because let me tell you what you see here took months of work and levelling and questing and I doubt I can do this again I simply do not have the  wherewithal to endure the hours and effort involved.

Chamber of Chains
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    EQ2 is a really underrated game.
    I wish i had some old screenshots,i have seen some really nice housing decor.

I don't know how you put that much work into it,i have had a real tough time doing any leveling because just harvesting and crafting is taking a long time.

I believe that Isle of Mara is all about some furniture items but ya there are some nice items from all over the game world.My personal faves are the ice items and making a cool aquarium.Sadly i don't even have a carpenter yet been trying to craft gear and spells first.