Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow!! What a blast!

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,048
    I have no problem with paying as I have a simple philosophy support the games I play and that is it. If I can pay a sub I always sub irregardless of whether I can play it for free unless they have no sub system at all.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Having a great time on the pve tle server as well, constant calls for groups and content is fun.  Dont feel like you have to do a quest just because you see a feather, pick and choose the ones that sound fun or give the rewards you want.  Housing like always is amazing and crafting is useful and worth it.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I also wanted to try it out...so I went with TL server...and it really is a lot of fun!!! Forgot how much more difficult it is to actually level in a game like this. But you know I don't even care...I am seeing things that I forgot about long ago and I seem to be getting that old MMO feeling back! The community is active, and I cant wait to get back into Crushbone!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Gorwe

Don't believe these TLE fanbois. They are both stupid(paying for a DOWNGRADE??? HELLO! do you even think about the message you're sending with that action? as if paid early access wasn't enough) and elitistic. They are like all polite and nice until you corner them and actually criticise them. Then you see their true face. In this way they are exactly like all those nobles and upper class-smile on the face, dagger in the back hand, poison in the pocket. Typical Hurrem style.

If you want to hang out with THOSE and send the message that it's ok to DOWNGRADE a game-be my guest! But please DO THINK of the CONSENQUENCES!

It is not a question of being a fan but if you played the original Everquest and EQ2 you would understand a little of something we are feeling. I played 6 hours straight and it is dawn now. I have not done this in a long time playing this long crafting and levelling slow because the experience gain is slow. 

Not everything is about graphics. I feel sorry that you are unable to appreciate something like this that might be part nostalgia and part joy at an old school MMORPG. If you are unable to get it it's alright you will never be able to I'm afraid.

Chamber of Chains
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Being older or maybe a bad excuse but i cannot for the life of me remember those old days aside from crafting mats which they did not bring back and dropping loot on death,everything else i have forgot.

My point is,someone should tell me..us what the heck is happening for content?

Like i can't make heads or tails of where we can go or not do.For DB to simply say "content is as it was for so and so update,means absolutely nothing to me.

Like i could waste hours trying to get somewhere and find out i can't go there ...sigh.Perfect example boat says "going to Kylong Plains" but it doesn't go to Kylong,it just doles a simple short 360 right back to the docks lol,it goes nowhere.

So can anyone give a rough layout of zone to zone?

I assume we can go Commonlands>Nektulos Forest ,then the docks there to head towards Qeynos areas.However what about Butcher Block Bay or how about that zone with the "harvesting obsession quest"? Isle of Mara or something like that.Is there a level cap right now?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Theocritus
    I've tried going back a couple of times before and it was awful....A new time locked server is certainly what the game needed, but like others here there are questions as to how long it remains in the older expansion.

Don't quote me because my memory is shotty but i am pretty sure i heard someone in chat say aug 20th we vote for next expansion so how long after that is idk.As for myself,i don't even know what content is open to us right now lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Being older or maybe a bad excuse but i cannot for the life of me remember those old days aside from crafting mats which they did not bring back and dropping loot on death,everything else i have forgot.

My point is,someone should tell me..us what the heck is happening for content?

Like i can't make heads or tails of where we can go or not do.For DB to simply say "content is as it was for so and so update,means absolutely nothing to me.

Like i could waste hours trying to get somewhere and find out i can't go there ...sigh.Perfect example boat says "going to Kylong Plains" but it doesn't go to Kylong,it just doles a simple short 360 right back to the docks lol,it goes nowhere.

So can anyone give a rough layout of zone to zone?

I assume we can go Commonlands>Nektulos Forest ,then the docks there to head towards Qeynos areas.However what about Butcher Block Bay or how about that zone with the "harvesting obsession quest"? Isle of Mara or something like that.Is there a level cap right now?

No you cannot go to Butcherblock at the moment, that was added with "Echoes of Faydwer" the third expansion (plus 3 adventure packs) so it will be a while before it is.

The Isle of Mara is also some ways off.

Kylong Planes is part of "Rise of Kunark" so that is going to be after Butcherblock.

TLE server means Time Locked Expansion, content related to each expansion will be available when the relevant expansion is unlocked on the server.

There is a level cap (50) and no AAs.

I should point out that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the graphics,the steel armour glistens in the light,has great detail you can see the metal sheen,cloth looks like cloth and wood like wood,imo it still looks amazing.

No the models are not HD but they are not HD in ANY game and besides we have great looking armor to cover up 95% of the models.I always loved the graphics in EQ2.

Now if we can only get rid of bugs that have been there since day 1 ...sigh.My game has crashed at least 2x every day :(.To be fair this is under new management so time will tell how much effort they put into bugs.Game crashes are big time game breaking,especially if you are the tank in the middle of a tough fight and whoosh you are gone.

My game doesn't even crash with an error,it just completely shuts off and disappears in .1 seconds.

• DelphosDelphos Member UncommonPosts: 46
  • DelphosDelphos Member UncommonPosts: 46

Man i`m doing my best to not spend any money on games lately as my finances are goin bad, but i cant avoid reading what people have been talking about TLE, and sounds amazing. I began on EQ2 on 2006 with soon after EoF release,  i can say they dont makes mmos like that today anymore, and on that time on that other EQ2 i had probably the best mmo experiences of my life. Don`t think i will resist much more time.

MMOs today are almost are if they were made for crying children only, everything too easy and completly solo with no need for groups at all, i realy miss times when mmos were truly challenging.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I have never played EQ2 but this TLE really interests me. I just downloaded EQ2 free just to see if I could live with the graphics (which I can). Now my main question is if I have never played the game before will it be a waste for me to play on the new servers because it will take me forever to level and figure out what is going on. Is it too much for a noob to learn?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by vtravi
    I have never played EQ2 but this TLE really interests me. I just downloaded EQ2 free just to see if I could live with the graphics (which I can). Now my main question is if I have never played the game before will it be a waste for me to play on the new servers because it will take me forever to level and figure out what is going on. Is it too much for a noob to learn?

Send me a tell in game, I'll invite you to our guild, plenty of helpful folks and some new players to EQ2 as well.  Playing on the Stormhold TLE server is like a breath of fresh air and is GREAT for players new to EQ2 as you will be learning about the game the way we all did back then.  Added benefit though is that today you have myself and others to gladly help you with any and all questions and there is of course the EQ2 wiki that really helps with quests and other in game stuff.  Even us vets have to go there constantly.  After you get in game and get used to the UI and feel I recommend downloading EQ2maps(if you are someone who likes help with quests, if not then disregard) for getting quests done faster and just knowing where to go for POIs and such.  The game is great, far better than most MMORPGs out there and I've been playing the TLE server nonstop since it launched and have refallen in love with the genre all over again.  

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by cheyane

Don't believe these TLE fanbois. They are both stupid(paying for a DOWNGRADE??? HELLO! do you even think about the message you're sending with that action? as if paid early access wasn't enough) and elitistic. They are like all polite and nice until you corner them and actually criticise them. Then you see their true face. In this way they are exactly like all those nobles and upper class-smile on the face, dagger in the back hand, poison in the pocket. Typical Hurrem style.

If you want to hang out with THOSE and send the message that it's ok to DOWNGRADE a game-be my guest! But please DO THINK of the CONSENQUENCES!

It is not a question of being a fan but if you played the original Everquest and EQ2 you would understand a little of something we are feeling. I played 6 hours straight and it is dawn now. I have not done this in a long time playing this long crafting and levelling slow because the experience gain is slow. 

Not everything is about graphics. I feel sorry that you are unable to appreciate something like this that might be part nostalgia and part joy at an old school MMORPG. If you are unable to get it it's alright you will never be able to I'm afraid.

Good for those who can afford to spend 6 hours a day on video games still. But for rest of us with jobs and families, nostalgia stays where it belongs, in the past when we had no worry in the world and plenty of free time.

The game changes and evolves with its player base, This is server is to appease those who are still stuck in past and can afford to spend hours in front of computers.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    There's so much I love about EQ2 (more games NEED fae), but the movement (why does everything move like I pressed fast forward?) and animations (just....eww. LotRO level bad.) kill the game for me.

<3

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Good for those who can afford to spend 6 hours a day on video games still. But for rest of us with jobs and families, nostalgia stays where it belongs, in the past when we had no worry in the world and plenty of free time.

The game changes and evolves with its player base, This is server is to appease those who are still stuck in past and can afford to spend hours in front of computers.

I don't think so.  I'm not a "raider" and this current iteration of EQ2 on this server isn't the exact same as it was back in 2004.  To be honest, if EQ2 had launched then the way the current TLE server is setup I think it would have done far better then it had.  The only thing "slower" right now is xp, compared to live server.  It's nice and allows us to see all the content that is available on the way to 50.  There is a TON of it.  You can play casually or hardcore, either way you will get something out of it, it's very nice and balanced now.

Also, as the expansions get released and the live game stuff gets unlocked like mercs and blue stats, it will shift back to the current Live version eventually.  These servers just give the people who missed the years of content a chance to finally see it again and build a nice solid community around it but in far less time than the actual game, where all those expansions came out over a span of 10 years.

Originally posted by dreamscaper
    There's so much I love about EQ2 (more games NEED fae), but the movement (why does everything move like I pressed fast forward?) and animations (just....eww. LotRO level bad.) kill the game for me.

Right now on the TLE, the fastest we can move is about 29% with a mount, the mounts don't "come off" like they do in other games, except in combat.  So you can always be moving the fastest as your mount and speed buffs allow.  You can always take them off if you don't like how fast you are moving.  It's not hard.

Your animation comment...I think is subjective as I find the animations just fine for a 2004 game.  Far better than some current MMOs, like TSW.  

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956

Not true. I have a Family too and fulltime job. I can no longer afford to play 6 hours a day either. 1-2 hours at most and not every day.

Yet I enjoy playing on the TLE server. It is very nice to see everyone actually playing the game again in the old content, instead of rushing through it like is the case on current Live.

Current Live just rushes you through specific zones in old content that have been heavily revamped to support current high XP / leveling rates to get People to max Level as fast as possible to Catch up With the rest of the playerbase.

People can even just outright buy and start a high level character, skipping most of the leveling.

The entire Level up experience on current EQ2 is a complete SOLO afair and has been for years now. Grouping only happens within the top 5 Levels (which is currently in 95-100 range).

So yes. The TLE is a breath of fresh air and incredibly fun to play on right now.

It´s not exactly how it was back in 2004, as a lot has been revamped/removed. But there is still a lot of the old left to give you that nostalgic feel of how it was back in 2004. Each old zone matters again, from which some have been untouched by the revamp hammer. You can find players now in every zone. It´s great.

I am a housewife so I can afford to play a little longer but you can play for up to 2 hours and manage a lot. I spent a lot just reminiscing and just soaking in the old places and I guess I got carried away with memories I think you might be fine playing an hour or more.

Also I did not get the EQ2maps thing and I am actually checking North East and looking at the landmarks and I read every bit of dialogue and pick the smart alecky replies. It's well done the writing and the quest dialogue often gives you three options to answer. Not that it changes things drastically or anything but it is that little extra bit that makes it stand out.

I also agree with Wizardry it is amazing how good the game looks still. I have everything at max but thankfully (touch wood) no crashes like you do.

Chamber of Chains
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

*edit* I didn't see that you were talking about rolled back servers. My experience below is with the total game.

Dunno, my experience coming back to this game was almost exactly the opposite.

EQ2 was my second MMORPG after SWG and I enjoyed the heck out of it for the first 2 expansions, but the game just really didn't do it anymore for me.

Graphics have aged horribly in comparison to games like WoW, they show exactly why the choice for "cartoonish" graphics was a good one in the latter's case.

The starter experience was quick but still generally boring and bad for me, especially cause I opted to go through the normal leveling instead of boosting a character to the max right away. I don't know why they didn't keep on to the starter island experience imo, that was an awesome place.

They even managed to somehow screw up the UI and make it totally unintuitive. At least I remember it being super easy to figure out at the start. This time around I was fiddling with it forever to just find the correct bag that I had put my item in.

Can't talk about the PvP, didn't experience much of it.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

What the hell are you talking about the TLE has the starter islands.
    Chamber of Chains

Chill, I didn't see that the OP was talking about any time limited servers, I added an edit.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Chill, I didn't see that the OP was talking about any time limited servers, I added an edit.

Oh I'm sorry I had no idea you did not read the OP or the thread before you posted.  I figured you were lying about trying it out since the islands were there. image

Chamber of Chains

Did read the OP, in which it wasn't mentioned.

No I don't always read the whole thread, which can't be expected in my opinion.

Now I'll let you guys enjoy your nostalgia trip.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Did read the OP, in which it wasn't mentioned.

No I don't always read the whole thread, which can't be expected in my opinion.

Now I'll let you guys enjoy your nostalgia trip.

Your not 'letting' us do anything lol.

• KeenoKeeno Member UncommonPosts: 56

Vitality pots are in item shop now aka "exp pots" and even if you dont use them the vitality you get from rested is x7 exp rate.

This is far from a classic experience i was expecting and upset i got drawn into this short term milking scheme fuck you day break games i hope you burn.