Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing Support not existant in Skyforge. If you love playing healer stay away...

2»

Comments

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089
    I have to say that at 6k prestige I find lightbinders great. I'm a slayer but with having a bad lightbinder and a good one in a group can make a huge difference. But really the biggest point of the game is everyone is accountable for themselves.

It's almost refreshing to not see a dps stand in an aoe and then make the healer work harder for him playing bad.

I know there could be some tuning needed but I think this game has a very nice feel to its combat. Though I am concerned about raids being more giant meat sacks that rely on having the same damage as normal but 10x the hp.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The Lightbinder original skills do not start with heavy support in mind. For example, the unstable shield can cover a tank every 20 seconds untalented, which goes down to 12 seconds with proper talents.

The idea behind support in this game is damage prevention, not healing. Both the tank and the support have shields, which if properly used, can prevent a significant amount of damage. The health becomes the pillow for errors and accidents.

Some essential talents:

• Rain of fire: Improve the Unstable shield (button 2) so it has a 12 seconds reuse instead of the normal 20.
    • Serenity: Makes Starfury (button X) into an extra shield on a relatively fast cooldown, with the added bonus of stunning whoever attacks the tank.
    • Guardian gift: Improves the invulnerability shield of the Lightbinder (button C) so it goes down to 3 mins from 5 and with longer duration.
    • Spirit of Light: Self rezz for the Lightbinder and a free ultimate.
    • Solar Breeze: Improved mana regen.
    Good for certain fights:
    • Quazar stabilisation: For crowd control of minions during certain fights.
    Strong damage buffs:
    • Radiance, on fast cooldown (button Z)
    • Blessing of the sun, on slower cooldown (button 3)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Bladin
    I have to say that at 6k prestige I find lightbinders great. I'm a slayer but with having a bad lightbinder and a good one in a group can make a huge difference. But really the biggest point of the game is everyone is accountable for themselves.

It's almost refreshing to not see a dps stand in an aoe and then make the healer work harder for him playing bad.

I know there could be some tuning needed but I think this game has a very nice feel to its combat. Though I am concerned about raids being more giant meat sacks that rely on having the same damage as normal but 10x the hp.

Very true.

Great comment.

Lightbinders are a very good, effective and great support class that you WANT around and they can do more than sustain a group, they can kick ass as well, but they are more than just dps for definite sure!

Being a tank I know I want one around, cause just running with 4 pure dps with limited sustains/shield/support puts alot of stress on the tank to make no mistakes...at all, I love having Lightbinders around, would definitely consider them in a healer leaque even if it's not the traditional type, they may not heal per say but they damn sure protect and make a group stronger!!

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Originally posted by Braindome

Originally posted by Bladin

Very true.

Great comment.

Lightbinders are a very good, effective and great support class that you WANT around and they can do more than sustain a group, they can kick ass as well, but they are more than just dps for definite sure!

Being a tank I know I want one around, cause just running with 4 pure dps with limited sustains/shield/support puts alot of stress on the tank to make no mistakes...at all, I love having Lightbinders around, would definitely consider them in a healer leaque even if it's not the traditional type, they may not heal per say but they damn sure protect and make a group stronger!!

In low prestige you want LB but in high prestige you want alch. Most of the time tanks switch to dps in boss fights kinetic x 2 zerker and 2 alch is finishing dungeons in no time (5man) in raids etc you want 1 LB tho and 2 or 3 alchs.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Having no healer might be nice for some special players but i believe strongly that the majority of the player base would love to have a real healer class instead of a defense , absorb , mitigation buffer...
  • xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155
    The game is based around the concepts of evasion and absorption.. not healing.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    A HUGE part of effective lightbender play is knowing when to knock mobs off the tank to give him a second to recover cooldowns and be re-shielded.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I've been in groups with a few VERY skilled LB's and it was such a huge help . These LB's did everything they were supposed to and their shields were strong which I'm assuming is from high Stamina. LB's are VERY welcome to a group in my opinion. If a LB has the talents and knows what she/he is doing, they can keep you alive longer. 

BTW, no one has mentioned the LB talent that allows them to Resurrect themselves with health when they die. I have a LB but have been focusing on my Slayer and have not gotten close to getting this talent. 

The Alchemist is the other support class and they too are incredibly awesome when a skilled Alchemist is in your group. They also give shields and their damage buffs are strong! I'm always happy to see an alchemist when I get into a group. I look forward to unlocking the Alchemist either by the manual way or if I get the CE with it already unlocked. 

Anyway, support in SF is not typical but please don't put it down because you have had the misfortune of being with LB's and Alchemists that are not skilled yet. 
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    you dont need much skill to shield the tank,DPS buff the group with a cone AoE do Group Mitigation/DPS ...

you watch the Knight/paladins shield cooldown and replace his shield with yours to fill the gap.

if you have a great tank and a Kinetic you can add your own DPS out of boredom

LB is simple to play just not fair when changing from SOLO to Group which basically means you have to do a skill reset each time if you wanna do it perfect. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    You cant fill peoples HP bars bit you can do lots of support with damage mitigation. This game has more then one support class and the higher you get in this game the more they are needed. My wife is a Lightbinder and having a blast saving lives and she does it well =-) 

/thread
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    my main was LB too and i got bored buffing others. Now i am playing my Kinetic instead and have at least some control over mobs while doing damage to them.