Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Collector's Edition PC

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
Picked this up on ebay for 16.99 (free shipping).  An excellent purchase. If you have been thinking about playing the game or play and don't have a key on your account you should think about it. Well worth the price for everything you get in and out of game. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    While i agree that $17 is a great price for a collectors edition, the game is F2P already.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I enjoyed the game the couple of months I played it regularly.  Then my playing just tapered off.  Their concept of synergizing the television series with the game I think has fallen flat of expectations mostly, but it was an ambitious concept to begin with.  The television series is still good, & this season, so far, has been well done.  The game was fun & the community seemed cooperative too.  I never played it till it went free-to-play, but I never mind spending some real money on a game if it offers good quality fun.  I need to look around for my password & log-in name to see if it can peak my interest again.  I didn't even know there was a Collector's Edition, but good for you.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    While i agree that $17 is a great price for a collectors edition, the game is F2P already.

The Patron Pass for the month, the inventory space, and ingame items/currency come out to 60 plus in the cash shop. I have not done the math, but someone stated in a forum it was like 80 bucks value for the normal game, not the CE.  Plus you get the extra physical items that CE brings. For people that like the game, it is a great deal.

The extra inventory has been great.   

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by DijonCyanide
    I enjoyed the game the couple of months I played it regularly.  Then my playing just tapered off.  Their concept of synergizing the television series with the game I think has fallen flat of expectations mostly, but it was an ambitious concept to begin with.  The television series is still good, & this season, so far, has been well done.  The game was fun & the community seemed cooperative too.  I never played it till it went free-to-play, but I never mind spending some real money on a game if it offers good quality fun.  I need to look around for my password & log-in name to see if it can peak my interest again.  I didn't even know there was a Collector's Edition, but good for you.

I think that the idea was cool, problem is that I don't like the TV show very much...

Now, if they had used the idea on something like "Game of thrones", The walking dead or something similar the game would probably done a lot better. Heck, Firefly would have been cool too even if that show never got the great numbers they hoped for, but the world would have made a fun MMO if done right.

And I don't think it just is me there, the TV show does so-so and at least stays on the air but it is far from a huge success. There are faithful fans for both the show and the game but both numbers could be far better.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by MMOman101
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

The Patron Pass for the month, the inventory space, and ingame items/currency come out to 60 plus in the cash shop. I have not done the math, but someone stated in a forum it was like 80 bucks value for the normal game, not the CE.  Plus you get the extra physical items that CE brings. For people that like the game, it is a great deal.

The extra inventory has been great.   

yes it is a great deal, what im saying is for someone who hasnt played the game, they can check it out fully for free now before buying.