Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning: Early Access Game Labeled As Complete

DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

Be warned, this is the worst game I've ever played. It's essentially one big loading screen they conveniently call "super-cruise." You will be watching a loading screen for about 80% of your game time. It's also an early access game that scamming developers called a finished product. The game is absolute rubbish. The single-player game Evocron Mercenary is better than this unfinished product.

Here's my Steam Review:

0/10

Why 0/10? Don't release an early access game and lie saying it's ready to play. Who the eff would pay $60 for an early access game? The developers should be put in jail for fraud. I request that British authorities look into these scammers.

0/10 because you stare for 3 to 7 minutes at a mind-numbing "supercruise" loading screen as you fly towards a space-station that won't contain the part you're looking for so you have to look at another mind-numbing loading screen to go to another space sta... this is all about looking at a loading screen 80% of the time you play.

Now, the begining, once you actually figure out what the eff to do after 4 to 5 hours of just sitting there and 4 to 5 hours of watching Youtube to figure out what the eff to do, isn't that horrible. You'll have a few hours or days of fun. After that, after either some fun or the realization that you're looking at a loading screen for most of your game-time, and when you finally upgrade to a Vulture, good luck finding a 5A Power Distributor and a 5A Shield Generator for your brand new Vulture. They exist in an area reserved for Founders (err... suckers) who shelled out money so Frontier Thieves, Inc. could release an early access game and call it finished.

And if you don't know why you need those particular A5 parts, watch some more Youtube, hours and hours and hours of it, read the various forums for hours and you'll understand why you need those two A5 parts. I realize some s**t head, pimple-faced fan-boi will reply saying you don't really need those parts which is tantamount to saying you only need a Volkswagon engine in a Cadillac. Ignore the fanboi. He has the parts and is happy you don't.

WTF is with this special Founder's system/space-station which has nearly all the parts and ALL of the ships (at discount, I must add) that you'll ever need? Did I not pay $60 for the same sh*tty game? Ah, it's punishment. The developers are rewarding the biggest suckers and punishing those who just decided to be suckers now. Well, isn't that speacial?

Fortunately the game has a Solo Mode where you can avoid fanboi gankers (something EVE-ONLINE should implement because I'd sign up right now). Unfortunately it doen't get you out of looking at a loading screen that tries to simulate you supercruising to a space-station. The loading screen IS the game and you will watch it for hours, for days, hopefully not for years, and that's why this game gets a 0/10 rating. If I were in the British police I would prosecute these s**mbag developers myself.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Dojen
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Yes, the learning curve does take some time. It took me 30 minutes (damned landing breaks!) to figure out how to 'warp drive'.

And you haven't played the game much. That much is obvious. It's frame ship drive, not warp drive, between stars, and super-cruise within that star's system.

Not to get all Grammar/Context Nazi up in here but:

1: Mtibbs1989 did put quotes around Warp Drive, meaning he was using a probably incorrect term.

2: It's Frame SHIFT Drive, not SHIP.

So how long have you played?image

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    So the question is, is the game mostly just traveling from point A to point B while you watch?  If so, not sure I want to invest the time in learning to play it, if not, cool.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Steam Refunds

You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

Where Refunds Apply

The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store. Here is an overview of how refunds work with other types of purchases.

If the above does not fit OP...

One of those situations where the OP should cut up his/her credit cards and never buy a game again.

The barest research of the game ahead of time would of shown each and every point the OP hated about the game ahead of time.

So...[mod edit]  Take some personal responsibility. 

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by zytin
    So the question is, is the game mostly just traveling from point A to point B while you watch?  If so, not sure I want to invest the time in learning to play it, if not, cool.

In the few hours I have played it, yes it does involve a lot of traveling. A lot. But you are playing a space sim. Space is huge, man!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    got this game on xbox early access its great :) 
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

(did someone forget to tell him how to fast forward?)

This entire spiele is ludicrous.  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133

When I first bought this game in early access I didnt like it, I thought was a mistake and I got screwed again in another alpha purchase. In May I decided to give it another chance and actually give it more then 30 mins. after a day of learning This game is really alot of fun, you have to remember the milkyway is frikin huge and this is sandbox so you create your own story.

I do wish there were more ships but the devs are improving the game weekly.

This discussion has been closed.