Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AV doing it again

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

It was rumored that in the past they didn't pay their employees.  One was the artist that made the amazing DF2010 models and other things like the Battlehorn.  When he didn't get paid he took his art with him was the rumor.

Now we have confirmation that they are not paying some of their current developers.  To the point of bankruptcy.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?408188-Does-Tasos-still-work-for-AV-on-Darkfall&p=6490682&viewfull=1#post6490682

Why can't someone just jump in and buy AV out and move the game out of that hell hole?  Its the most unique game out there and AV is just screwing up everything possible.

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Pretty rough times in Greece right now.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

It was unique when Unholy wars first launched and there were actual builds and skills unique to your character role, funnest time for me playing.  Now it's just back to clone wars like the original DF.

I quit like many others after they flattened out all the builds, its just dying the slow death again like DF.  They are just stuck thinking there is a real market for a full loot open world PvP game.  And clearly there is not.

They needed a hybrid model when they launch Unholy wars but stuck with the same rule set, it doomed them.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Parepin

It was rumored that in the past they didn't pay their employees.  One was the artist that made the amazing DF2010 models and other things like the Battlehorn.  When he didn't get paid he took his art with him was the rumor.

Now we have confirmation that they are not paying some of their current developers.  To the point of bankruptcy.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?408188-Does-Tasos-still-work-for-AV-on-Darkfall&p=6490682&viewfull=1#post6490682

Why can't someone just jump in and buy AV out and move the game out of that hell hole?  Its the most unique game out there and AV is just screwing up everything possible.

I think Age Of Wulin would challenge that   uniqueness all day long.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Good ol' Tasos.

Still waiting for this game to shut down.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

A shame to see the house of cards falling.  I'm not a PVPer, but from watching guild videos back with DF1 was in beta, I thought for sure they had a major win on their hands.

It sort of reminded me of a medieval team deathmatch first person shooter.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    I played the game very briefly, and I have quite a bit of stuff against the players of this game, so read this post with that knowledge.

Darkfall was never good.  The ideas behind the game, the story, the concepts, those were all good ideas.  The implementation is terrible, the company running the game is terrible, the player base was... meh.  A full open world pvp game was very viable back in 1999-2001 when people wanted to play games with a little danger, now people really don't.  People want to go AFK in town, people want to talk smack and not have to back it up.  Darkfall attracted the exploiters and the bros that wanted to gank people.  That type of player base cannot be sustained, because they will always move on to the next game where they can exist and ruin other peoples fun.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807
    this game is still alive?
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    AV is definitely doing something.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    laserit said:
    Pretty rough times in Greece right now.
    Sure, but that should be to their advantage.  There should be a lot of people looking for work and possibly cheaper rent.  Unless most of their market is Greek players I don't see this affecting them as much as it is simply dropping sub numbers.  They could go the Mortal Online route and have a bunch of interns work for free maybe.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Too Funny.  There is a thread saying AV good and a thread saying AV bad in the top positions.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    The old Darkfall used to have a place for PvE'ers because they used to have >100 small islands - too far away for gankers to bother with. The new Darkfall doesn't have those islands, so I stopped playing.

So the devs probably got fired for being stupid - nothing to do with the recession.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    The old Darkfall used to have a place for PvE'ers because they used to have >100 small islands - too far away for gankers to bother with. The new Darkfall doesn't have those islands, so I stopped playing.

So the devs probably got fired for being stupid - nothing to do with the recession.

This is the other problem, they thought by making the world smaller it would attract more people because there would more PvP.  But they are failing to realize that the people that quit don't want more full loot PvP, they want to be looted less and have more freedom as a player.  It has had the opposite effect like you pointed out.
  • ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Sounds like no point in checking this game out at this point then yes?  I tried original 5 years ago.  I can't believe it has been that long. 
    goboygo said:

This is the other problem, they thought by making the world smaller it would attract more people because there would more PvP.  But they are failing to realize that the people that quit don't want more full loot PvP, they want to be looted less and have more freedom as a player.  It has had the opposite effect like you pointed out.
    The full loot PvP is particularly brutal in this game. The fun used to be in meticulously planning expeditions to avoid it. 

Thebozz said:
    Sounds like no point in checking this game out at this point then yes?  I tried original 5 years ago.  I can't believe it has been that long. 

The perfect MMORPG was probably vanilla WoW because the balance of all the complex ingredients was just right.  

I'm still waiting for a game that has that.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Reason game s failing is because of AV 

Mad+Dog said:
    Reason game s failing is because of AV 
    I think it's because they wanted to improve the graphics of the game but didn't have the proper resources to do it. As a result, the map became smaller. 

An extreme example of this mistake is the new Star Wars Battlefront. 

I suspect that the executives who work for the publishers don't play games, so they get sold on appearances rather than gameplay. 

For example, the BBC gave Star Wars Battlefront an amazing review - probably because they looked at the graphics for 10 minutes, but they are not gamers.
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    They should just convert to F2P and get the money flowing. A game like darkfall has the potential to choke Archeage. 
  • cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129
    yes, free to play is the key. I cant understand why some people blame Greece's economy for the mistakes a company made. 
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    DMKano said:
    Leon1e said:
    They should just convert to F2P and get the money flowing. A game like darkfall has the potential to choke Archeage. 

Well at least it can try. xD
    edited December 2015
    Leon1e said:
    That would make the PvP even more brutal!

Imagine spending £10 on kit... and then you get ganked (which could very easily happen at any time)! That £10 has just gone down the toilet because it's full loot PvP.

Also it doesn't address the main problem, which is that the gameplay sucks in its current state.