Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

huh...a bot?

SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60
now...is it me or these forums are being invaded?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

All reported. Hopefully some admin takes notice soon.

My guess .. no bot.  More likely a poor guy in China being paid to post 200 times a day.

Have fun

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    same type of posts were showing up yesterday too, but a different user

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

It's most most probably looking at the "Current Forum Activity" section on the front page and then spamming the forums that host those active threads.

Call it "targeted marketing" if you will...

• SelzyrSelzyr Member UncommonPosts: 60
    huh...seriously....well hope someone cleans the mess soon...
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    those spammers know where is best place to post  their scam bulls*hit ; Star Citizen forum !
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

These spam attacks happen every day and have happened for at least a year now.

Do you guys really feel special because now after a year they targetted your forum for once?

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Do you guys really feel special because now after a year they targetted your forum for once?

first of all, not a backer around here, and I mainly read about Star Citizen out of interested, Star Wars fan and still waiting for a SCFII game that makes me want to play it for real(Star Citizen SEEMS interesting, but not sure if it is THAT game, so Ill wait and see.)

on top of all of that, "your forum for once?" forums are for all people to see, they are good as mine or yours, at least here on mmorpg.com, if you don't like the game and don't intend to play it nor be around the forums of the said game, its your choice, but don't go around acting like a twat to others because they like the game or decided to play it or want to play it on the future.

and feeling special? why would anyone feel special because of this? more annoyed with the fact that there's ANY kind of "attack" to any of the forums around mmorpg.com

Originally posted by Selzyr

first of all, not a backer around here, and I mainly read about Star Citizen out of interested, Star Wars fan and still waiting for a SCFII game that makes me want to play it for real(Star Citizen SEEMS interesting, but not sure if it is THAT game, so Ill wait and see.)

on top of all of that, "your forum for once?" forums are for all people to see, they are good as mine or yours, at least here on mmorpg.com, if you don't like the game and don't intend to play it nor be around the forums of the said game, its your choice, but don't go around acting like a twat to others because they like the game or decided to play it or want to play it on the future.

and feeling special? why would anyone feel special because of this? more annoyed with the fact that there's ANY kind of "attack" to any of the forums around mmorpg.com

I am a twat, as you say, because you needed to point out that the SC forums are getting targetted by a bot.

Something that happens every day - sometimes twice a day. Still you feel you need to post that "these forums" are being invaded.

Where were you in the last year when all the other forums got spammed?

Harbinger of Fools
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by MrBum21
    same type of posts were showing up yesterday too, but a different user

If you were constantly on these forums you would know it's being going on for months, they come and go.

I am a twat, as you say, because you needed to point out that the SC forums are getting targetted by a bot.

Something that happens every day - sometimes twice a day. Still you feel you need to post that "these forums" are being invaded.

This/

Can we close this thread.

decided to point out since I saw it, sorry to inform you but I don't spend my time 24/7 on the PC nor around this website, got a life you know ; )

and yes, I felt that was needed to be pointed out since wasn't expecting that this was still GOING on after a year.

decided to point out since I saw it, sorry to inform you but I don't spend my time 24/7 on the PC nor around this website, got a life you know ; )

and yes, I felt that was needed to be pointed out since wasn't expecting that this was still GOING on after a year.

Why make a thread in these forums instead of the OT forums?

Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Why make a thread in these forums instead of the OT forums?

*shrugs* was the targeted forum? not that I use the forums on mmorpg.com that much, I barely post any threads since the usual users around here make themselfs look silly without the need of any help.

I barely post any threads since the usual users around here make themselfs look silly without the need of any help.

Which you have just proven

Harbinger of Fools

I barely post any threads since the usual users around here make themselfs look silly without the need of any help.

Which you have just proven

true, when you went a-hole trying to be smart on the first page.

*nods* very spot on there.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Spammers like to target active forums. We've removed the posts, but if you see any more, just report one and we can see all of a spambot's posts.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.