Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i am a 25k+ prestige advanced player meanwhile...

Comments

• Originally posted by Braindome
    Originally posted by Pongping

i am simply not the type of powergamer that drinks 20 energy drinks per day to manage his goal.

Come on....all you need is like one or two really good protein shakes.

Muscle Milk ftw.

I like to mix 1-3 PvP matches in between doing a PvE. 

I  agree that if you don't enjoy one of the 3 starter classes that my following advice is not preferred. When you unlock Necro, or any class, you need to continue to play as a maxed out class so instead of getting class sparks you get Evo Sparks. You need to build new classes while playing an old class before switching. Otherwise it's very difficult or impossible. 

• dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Deasant
    Originally posted by Braindome

i am simply not the type of powergamer that drinks 20 energy drinks per day to manage his goal.

Muscle Milk ftw.

I  agree that if you don't enjoy one of the 3 starter classes that my following advice is not preferred. When you unlock Necro, or any class, you need to continue to play as a maxed out class so instead of getting class sparks you get Evo Sparks. You need to build new classes while playing an old class before switching. Otherwise it's very difficult or impossible. 

Is that for classes that are harder to unlock, necro, ranger, etc.. Can I try the cyro out while having around 1.2k presitge without being booted from groups and such?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This gimmick of attaining abilities and classes was a real cheap lame gimmick to keep players playing or i mean grinding.

I only use the term grind if it is boring and this game is boring.I not once even looked  at Prestige,it meant nothing to me,nor do any of the drops mean anything to me,the game just offered nothing in the FUN aspect.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by dplcaf

I'm pretty sure I choose the wrong starter class, I thought the lightbringer sounded great on paper. I should have done research on his abilities because I found it to be the most boring support class I have ever played. I didn't like the spammy nature of the lightbringer and combine that with high cooldowns I lost interest in the game.

I do plan on trying again soon, but considering I only got two choices of classes is pretty lackluster. My days of tanking have been over since vanilla wow, so really that only leaves me with one class.. The cyro does seem to have a lot of eye candy, I just hope that class isn't as spammy as the lightbringer if so then I guess the game just isn't for me.

I usually play mages so ended up maxing out the Cyro tree.   I don't usually like tanks but this game is made for tanking, especially if you solo a lot.  Cyro has long cool downs and I ended up just waiting on my cool-downs to reset after taking on mobs.  Knight takes a little longer to kill stuff but your health stays good and the cool-downs are shorter on tanks then DPS classes so you can go right to the next mob.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Wizardry

This gimmick of attaining abilities and classes was a real cheap lame gimmick to keep players playing or i mean grinding.

I only use the term grind if it is boring and this game is boring.I not once even looked  at Prestige,it meant nothing to me,nor do any of the drops mean anything to me,the game just offered nothing in the FUN aspect.

It is a grind.  You grind your starter class skill tree to unlock your atlas skill tree.  You grand your atlas tree to unlock your preferred class.  You then grind your preferred classes skill tree.  You then grind to god form.  You then grind god form skill tree I'm thinking.  And that doesn't take into consideration wanting to unlock multiple classes as some bosses can be killed better with dps, or tanking, so it's nice to switch on the fly.  I'm working on the few classes I'm interested in but no way intent to get most of them. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dplcafdplcaf Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

I'm pretty sure I choose the wrong starter class, I thought the lightbringer sounded great on paper. I should have done research on his abilities because I found it to be the most boring support class I have ever played. I didn't like the spammy nature of the lightbringer and combine that with high cooldowns I lost interest in the game.

I do plan on trying again soon, but considering I only got two choices of classes is pretty lackluster. My days of tanking have been over since vanilla wow, so really that only leaves me with one class.. The cyro does seem to have a lot of eye candy, I just hope that class isn't as spammy as the lightbringer if so then I guess the game just isn't for me.

I usually play mages so ended up maxing out the Cyro tree.   I don't usually like tanks but this game is made for tanking, especially if you solo a lot.  Cyro has long cool downs and I ended up just waiting on my cool-downs to reset after taking on mobs.  Knight takes a little longer to kill stuff but your health stays good and the cool-downs are shorter on tanks then DPS classes so you can go right to the next mob.

Thanks for the quickly reply, the sound of the long cooldowns on the Cyro bums me a little already :(  I did notice tanks being extremely tanky during groups while playing support. Hopefully the paladins abilities are fluid, atleast some combo action or something. I just don't want to spam left click and cooldowns on single targets then spam right click and cooldowns for packs of mobs.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Played the game in Beta and gave up on it then. As soon as I got to the point where I had to repeat the same maps Skyforge was over for me. 
  • Originally posted by dplcaf
    Originally posted by Deasant
    Originally posted by Braindome

Muscle Milk ftw.

Is that for classes that are harder to unlock, necro, ranger, etc.. Can I try the cyro out while having around 1.2k presitge without being booted from groups and such?

Yeah as long as you're still low prestige it should be ok to switch and try other classes. But once your prestige is up a bit you want to have gear, abilities and talents ready to go on a class you switch to.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

I usually am a big fan of character progression games but here... the same maps, same bosses, over and over and over and over again. This is worse than ARPG's - at least there's an amount of random there, regarding rare spawns, mob types and stats etc. It also lacks loot variety - you get a better weapon equals your weapon has a bigger number written on it.

There is no choice in this game, except when it comes to selecting what class to play an adventure with. Unfortunately, unlocking a class is so tedious that you quit before you get to experience gameplay variety.

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279

this allods team already destroyed Allods Online a few years ago with their greed.

They wanted to sell resurrection items for Cash and other strange things for real money. 

this russian company was known for its greed and the player hordes left in under 4 weeks.

when they learned that the players arent stupid they tried to fix all the mess butit was to late.

until today Allods is a great game but no one talks about it anymore...

Skyforge is looking good too, the GUI and all the other eye candy...

but 

Stupid Currency and Spark caps simply ruin the fun to farm , grind for a new class....

The spark cost gets higher and higher the further you get away from the starter classes....

its no fun and i wont ever see another class than maybe Necromancer... if i have the will to get there

Its just simply said stupid design....

Allods was SUCH a good game too. It was my number 1 MMO for a long time, but the more I played, the more I realized what a cash grab it was. It's better now that they have a subscriber-only server, but it's too late. The damage has already been done. As for Skyforge, I have no idea what the US server cash shop looks like, as I've only played on the Russian servers so far.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by kitarad

I was reading on the main forum how most people who unlock the necromancer have not unlocked a lot of the abilities and talents so they really drag a group down and get kicked. Also that it is a hard class and hard to play well. Perhaps they should allow people to start where they want so that they can built the classes they want and may be allow only one choice in the beginning and one more for you to change to. This way any decision you make and even if you end up not liking the class you pick you have only yourself to blame. Somehow though even then people will whine.

Or better still since it is F2P charge for every class change. That will go down well image

Ugh no, Necro dps only needs basic skills, the extra ones from the tree doesn't provide alot. What drags the group down is that necro doesn't know how to dps as you LR and LLR that's all. LLL is straight garbage even with 15% more dmg on and implus on LR is at least 30% more dmg than LLL. I've played so much content as necro that I just spam LR and LLR on single target, done.

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

Thanks for the quickly reply, the sound of the long cooldowns on the Cyro bums me a little already :(  I did notice tanks being extremely tanky during groups while playing support. Hopefully the paladins abilities are fluid, atleast some combo action or something. I just don't want to spam left click and cooldowns on single targets then spam right click and cooldowns for packs of mobs.

If you're interested in combo combat, both Paladin and Knight are good classes to play.  Both are tanky and do less damage than either Lightbinder or Cyro, but you have more options about how to fight. 

Although Lightbinder is repetitive in the beginning, I did find that it had good DPS once it's prestige leveled up a bit.   I also find it good for some boss fights due to its shielding and ranged attacks. 

One thing for sure, classes really don't begin to shine until you've unlocked several abilities and talents.   Learning the combat mechanics of mobs and timing attacks, stacking effects and doing combos I've found to be fun and interesting.   I really was not all that happy with my Knight's DPS until I unlocked Stray Attack I and II and Cutting Grass for my Falcon.

Now I use the "F" key to lock on the boss, send my Falcon in on Cutting Grass to get the bonus attack and Battering Ram in.   Then dash to avoid the bosses first attack and use my Falcon, giving me continued DPS even when I am out of melee range of the boss.    Ram back, hit him with Stray Attack II, dash away, Falcon.   The trick with this is timing your attacks to get off Stray Attack, and that takes practice and patience.   I'm sitting at about 4600 prestige.   I only PvE, doing solo adventures and regions.  

Figuring all this out made playing the Knight fun for me.  I'm sure every class has a similar skill progression that is waiting to be discovered.

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240

Just a sidenote about grindyness and the class unlock:

It's really reasonable because the starter three classes are very powerful and easy to play as beginner; all the other classes have this or that learning curve, but the starters you can pwn a lot of stuff without even reading skills. If you can't "grind" enough sparks to unlock a class with powerful, it's probably more foreseeable that once you unlocked the class, you will complain how weak the class is as the core class mechanics are not that obvious. I really don't know how that is grind tho, as I often find myself grinding ammo and supply because order resource quests don't give enough at later time.

• destroyerdeedestroyerdee Member UncommonPosts: 17
    All i'll say is take a break if you want the cap increases every week that your account has existed and it rolls over so technically if you come back a month later you could feasibly farm your way to whatever class... however you should know as your prestige increases the amount of sparks you earn increases. At my prestige i can do a x2 for over 1k sparks of a color or a 5man x3 for nearly 2k sparks so as you get further in the grind becomes less grindy.
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666

I'm at 1.5k so far and am enjoying it overall. The main problems for me so far:

- Having to repeat full instances soon after just to complete some simple quest objective. If I've just cleared out a zone then I have to go back 5 mins later and do the whole thing again to speak to one NPC it is not fun at all.

- Not enough guidance in game. The help is often misleading or useless.

- The equipment screen tells you to upgrade stuff that should not be upgraded Like gaining +1 might with a white item and losing a great stat on a rare item. This is really stupid.

- No bank for weapons and stuff you want for other classes.

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

uh oh.. look out, god forbid a game makes you work for everything meaningful....

quick where are the silver spoons, so players can get fed what they want on demand.

at 3800 prestige and quite enjoying myself :)

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

It used to be that developers would say: HAHA! We want you to play the way YOU want to play.

Now they say: HOHO; we want you to PAY to play the way you want to play! (in this case purchasing some classes) or

they will say: HOHO, we want you to play the way WE say, to play the way you THINK might be fun, eventually!

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Im at 5k prestige and only play 2-3 hours a day. I think its different and fun.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by handheld

Have you done platoons?

Have you done distortions?

Have you done Invasions?

Have you done anomalies?

You complain that you are bored with the game but you are not even close to 5 percent into it yet.  *snip

And yet he's bored!  Way to miss a point.....

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

I played around two to three hours the past few days, I started with the cyro and the switched to the lightbinder yesterday. I just hit around 2400 or so and I am bored with the game as well. Its not a bad  game and I liked parts of it but overall not my thing.

Sometimes for whatever reason your not going to like a game or a movie. For me its back to Single player RPGs till I find something I will enjoy for more than a week.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Hit both colored and class spark caps today, can't get an Okki tablet until tomorrow and not high enough prestige to Enlighten an Adept to get enough prestige to get to the next mission. Credit cap still has 25k or so left, but that's running out pretty fast to.

I'd have to grind dungeons and hope for a loot drop with better equipment to increase my prestige at all now. And I'm already pretty maxed for my level.

Reminds me of the army, hurry up and wait.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by Adonan
    I wanted to try the Monk; heard it takes three weeks to get there...no thanks.

LOL its funny to me people nowadays complain about taking 3 weeks to unlock a class.....

I have played games where it took a year or more.....

• AdonanAdonan Member Posts: 6
    Why should I have to play three weeks to unlock a class I'm interested in? As I've said in other threads, if they allowed you to choose the class you started with I would be having more fun. As it stands I can't handle the grind because I'm not interested in any of the starter classes. I can't even make my way to the Kinetic due to the boredom, not to mention the disconnections from the server. 
  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

in Skyforge its anyway not smart to unlock a new class as fast as possible.

its better to unlock passive nodes and STAT nodes like Stamina for a few days or weeks before starting a new class.

Moving to a new class directly after starting the game will result in a super weak new class.......

Ascension Atlas Stats/Passives are the layer for all classes. Its important to fill this layer 1st