Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few questions from a potential player

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Hi, having recently quit Wildstar I stumbled across Firefall and intrigued by it. I have checked out a few videos and have a few questions someone might help me with :)

Is there a true 3rd person view as in traditional mmo views (not over the shoulder view)?

Is there anything to do at cap....Wildstars end game was predominately raiding?

Are there us/european servers?

Looking forward to any help people can provide me :)

Pan

Comments

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145

Firefall field of view can be greatly zoomed out, it is preferable to do this for boss fights in particular as you need to see whereabouts on the ground you are standing.

With respect to end game content there are a couple of weekly raid locked bosses that are very easy and completed in a couple of minutes.  There is a repeatable 5 person instance called operation miru and a level 40 open world region with rep grindable rewards from dailies.  I almost forgot, there are campaign missions that can be completed in hardcore mode once daily, predominately for level 40.  There are a few decent drops from these and each mission awards a token that can be used to purchase some good rewards.

The f2p model is fairly generous, each frame you level to 40 gives you 10 pilot tokens that can be used to purchase another frame.  You get a starter bike within 48 hours of creating a new account (I think was implemented well after I started playing).  You get plans for an upgraded bike at 25 and a better one at 40.  This game is much better with good transport.  When I started playing there was alot of running back and forth on foot between quest hubs.

I don't recall the server situation I think they might be hosted in texas.  It is fairly casual friendly so jump in if you want.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675

Right now the game is awaiting yet another huge revamp.  Keep that in mind when making your decision.  Though there is no set date, it is hoped to be this year.

The current game is a lot of fun but with some severe flaws, one of which being the lack of an endgame.  There is not much to do there right now.  The game is also struggling to decide whether or not to take itself seriously, so it is not really good for lore and questing yet (I think they are going more and more towards seriously, fortunately).  Right now you will mainly be doing events that pop up on the map, travelling to each one and completing simple objectives once there.  This is a lot of fun as you run into other people all the time, and travelling in this game is very enjoyable (with a bike and glider pad).  Doing the 'quests' at ares job boards is not fun, unfortunately.  They currently are not very rewarding and require far more time spent travelling than if you were just event farming.

There are US servers on the West coast, and I am not sure about EU.

The main point here is that the game continues to be a work in progress.  It has been a work in progress for many many years at this point.  Many people have completely given up on it because of this, but others stay because the core game mechanics are a lot of fun.  I say go for it and try it out as the F2P model here is VERY generous.  You can get a feel for the game and enjoy what there is right.  There probably is not enough content to keep you here as a dedicated player, but when the next revamp comes you will already be familiar with the game... and hopefully it will be the last revamp needed.

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Thanks all for the replies :) One thing that still bothers me is the 3rd person view. I'm not a fan of the over the shoulder 3rd person view found in console games...can this be changed to a full behind your character view?

ta :)

Pan

• LexoticLexotic Member CommonPosts: 1
    Is this game still populated well?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Seems to be. Always lots of people around when my son and I play which is evenings EST. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre